Recalled/Assigned: Dzingel called up (Update: Sent down Dec. 23rd)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He plays PP point (PPP) for bingo. Used to also play the Triple P for Ohio state.

Maybe a Hoffman lite? With a centers awareness? Gretzky lite?

Good to know we have Gretzky lite playing on our farm team.

Would not have guessed they would have kept him down there so long.

Wow really can't wait.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
He plays PP point (PPP) for bingo. Used to also play the Triple P for Ohio state.

Maybe a Hoffman lite? With a centers awareness?

More like a light Kyle Wellwood-lite, with more grit and less defensive ability.

P.S. I removed part of your post because seeing it printed once is enough.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
5:25 ice time, and I don't remember him getting any shifts after his penalty.

How do we expect our prospects to become NHL players when we give them **** all of a chance?

New players shouldn't be given the shortest leash, that should go to players who have consistently shown poor play.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

How do we expect our prospects to become NHL players when we give them **** all of a chance?

New players shouldn't be given the shortest leash, that should go to players who have consistently shown poor play.

Has to play more like dziurzinski.

Othello*

He has to play a 'safe' game. And I don't even know what that means anymore since Dizzy is getting ice time

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Agreed.

And we desperately needed an infusion of goals, which this kid is supposed to provide. Not saying he should have 20 mins or anything, but the kid deserved more than 5 minutes in the game.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Yes, too bad we didn't play Dzingel more than 5:25 in his first NHL game.

Imagine the career that could have been.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Looked good there for a millisecond playing alongside Prince. Then got benched for the penalty. I really wish DC would let the kids make mistakes and not reprimand them every time. You can still teach/coach without actually benching.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
That sucks.

Pretty stupid argument when it's said that they get benched to learn to play away from the puck yet we get out shot on a consistent basis. Aren't we dead last in shots against?

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
One of the things I loved about MacLean is he would play the young guys when they get called up.

I listened to an interview once with Methy on Tsn1200 and he said Mac was more old school and wanted things done a certain way. He said that as long as they played within the system he would be ok with you and hated it when you took chances or did things outside of the system. While DC promoted some of those risks.

I am just done with DC. I didn't like him last year either but how could anyone argue with his success.

I am not delusional however. The real issue is the leadership group of this team. They just don't seem to care about being the most abysmal team defensively and winning puck battles. It started after Alfie left and Spezza took over, Karlsson and his lazy starts doesn't help either.

Should have picked a better captain.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I listened to an interview once with Methy on Tsn1200 and he said Mac was more old school and wanted things done a certain way. He said that as long as they played within the system he would be ok with you and hated it when you took chances or did things outside of the system. While DC promoted some of those risks.

I am just done with DC. I didn't like him last year either but how could anyone argue with his success.

I am not delusional however. The real issue is the leadership group of this team. They just don't seem to care about being the most abysmal team defensively and winning puck battles. It started after Alfie left and Spezza took over, Karlsson and his lazy starts doesn't help either.

This isn't about Karlsson, IMO.

I mean, Karlsson might not have been my first choice for Captain, but this isn't his fault either.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Hahaha man the whole karlsson doesn't care angle might be one of the worst opinions in the entire NHL.

He's puts up elite 1C numbers while also keeping opposition scoring chances to a minimum. And he does this all by not caring? I ain't even mad, I'm impressed.

Cameron is garbage though. Last year his system was fast paced balls to the wall. Which is understandable since we simply could not lose. And I get we can't play like that for 82 games but man, keep some sort of shred from what made you successful.

To sit prince down last night in the third was terrible. While continually throwing out chiasson smith Neil and to an extend dziurzinski. It was ugly. Dzingel didn't deserve that in his first game

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
This isn't about Karlsson, IMO.

I mean, Karlsson might not have been my first choice for Captain, but this isn't his fault either.

I guess I should clarify. It isn't his fault but he contributes to it as he is in the leadership group.

Karlsson
Turris
Methot
Neil
Smith
Ryan

These guys set the tone. And the tone they set impacts players like
Zibby
Cowen
Wier
Pag
Hoff
Stone
Ceci

I just think we need a shakeup or something. What we really need is a change in ownership.

I don't know. Just constantly spinning our wheels here. Cant take risks and cant win this way either. What are you going to do.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Hahaha man the whole karlsson doesn't care angle might be one of the worst opinions in the entire NHL.

He's puts up elite 1C numbers while also keeping opposition scoring chances to a minimum. And he does this all by not caring? I ain't even mad, I'm impressed.

Cameron is garbage though. Last year his system was fast paced balls to the wall. Which is understandable since we simply could not lose. And I get we can't play like that for 82 games but man, keep some sort of shred from what made you successful.

Well I am not.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
But... all of those guys have exceeded expectations this year.

I don't understand the accusation here.

I feel that these people are setting the tone for the acceptance of lackluster defensive play and the loss of puck battles.

They may be doing much better offensively than thought but they are weak on battles and there just seems to be a general shoulder shrug approach to playing defence.

When your support players follow suit you have a team that as a whole doesn't do the little things and results in being stuck in your own zone for a great deal of time.

Re-watch the game if you want and take a look at what the "veterans" and leaders of this team do when on the ice. All offence but no where near the same commitment on D.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I feel that these people are setting the tone for the acceptance of lackluster defensive play and the loss of puck battles.

They may be doing much better offensively than thought but they are weak on battles and there just seems to be a general shoulder shrug approach to playing defence.

When your support players follow suit you have a team that as a whole doesn't do the little things and results in being stuck in your own zone for a great deal of time.

Re-watch the game if you want and take a look at what the "veterans" and leaders of this team do when on the ice. All offence but no where near the same commitment on D.

Karlsson, Turris, Methot, Neil, Smith, and Ryan are not the problem. Even suggesting that most of these guys are slacking on the defensive side of the puck is kind of preposterous.

Wiercioch, Cowen, Boro, Ceci, a problem with inconsistency in our younger players (Zibanejad, etc), and a cornucopia of injuries to top-9 forwards are the problem. Having one of the worst, least deep bluelines in the entire league is the problem. Having the forwards feel the need to score 6 goals a game in order to win is the problem.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I do think it is odd that Zibby has (reportedly) shown up in less than ideal shape the past few seasons and while I don't expect him to be completely called out would hope someone is stepping in to let him know it is unacceptable...he was gifted the #2 C job on this team though so perhaps he just feels it doesn't matter?

Karlsson not caring, just like Turris not caring is ludicrous to me. I might not have said that about Karlsson a few seasons ago but there is no doubt he is the leader and carries this team for long stretches.

Turris is injured, clearly his shoulder or upper body has been injured and at this stage it will most likely linger all year...he is doing all he can out there and having different linemates each game isn't helping.

We need to let the speedy and skilled guys get a chance to see what they can bring. I would have loved a line of Prince / JGP / Dzingel last night - could be one of the fastest/quickest lines in the league.

Then could have had Lazar on the 2nd line and put Dizzy / Smith / Neil as the 4th line...I guess unfortunately he would have still had Chiasson on the top line...good lord we need some bodies back.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I swear if you're sitting up close to the game. And zibanejad is in a board battle in front of you. He carries zero emotion. He rolls his eyes at hits. And just looks annoyed to be out there. I sound like nick kypreos But it's true. He just goes through the motions, and not at a relatively fast pace either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad