Recalled/Assigned: Dzingel called up (Update: Sent down Dec. 23rd)

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Karlsson, Turris, Methot, Neil, Smith, and Ryan are not the problem. Even suggesting that most of these guys are slacking on the defensive side of the puck is kind of preposterous.

Wiercioch, Cowen, Boro, Ceci, a problem with inconsistency in our younger players (Zibanejad, etc), and a cornucopia of injuries to top-9 forwards are the problem. Having one of the worst, least deep bluelines in the entire league is the problem. Having the forwards feel the need to score 6 goals a game in order to win is the problem.

I disagree that its preposterous but its just my opinion. I feel that if a better example would be set by our leadership group with regards to what is acceptable and what isn't then we could excel in the system we have right now. Switching coach after coach isn't the answer and seeing how successful we were in the season we bought into Mac's system cant be ignored.

Anyway like I said my opinion. I'm sure there will some form of a response laced with sarcasm and innuendos about how I know nothing about hockey but its an opinion that is among several fans and it has some grounds, like it or not.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I disagree that its preposterous but its just my opinion. I feel that if a better example would be set by our leadership group with regards to what is acceptable and what isn't then we could excel in the system we have right now. Switching coach after coach isn't the answer and seeing how successful we were in the season we bought into Mac's system cant be ignored.

Anyway like I said my opinion. I'm sure there will some form of a response laced with sarcasm and innuendos about how I know nothing about hockey but its an opinion that is among several fans and it has some grounds, like it or not.

I'm sure the years you have spent managing a hockey team have contributed to your conclusions.

EDIT: Actually, I agree with you.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I swear if you're sitting up close to the game. And zibanejad is in a board battle in front of you. He carries zero emotion. He rolls his eyes at hits. And just looks annoyed to be out there. I sound like nick kypreos But it's true. He just goes through the motions, and not at a relatively fast pace either.

This I can agree with.

Zibanejad shows no emotion whatsoever. Looks like a passenger most of the time and is usually the first person off for a line change. He looks slow and disengaged for the majority of games.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

The team is the same as its always been even at its best under maclean it still got a lot of shots against. The defense is meh and our core players have been inconsistent or bad defensively

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I listened to an interview once with Methy on Tsn1200 and he said Mac was more old school and wanted things done a certain way. He said that as long as they played within the system he would be ok with you and hated it when you took chances or did things outside of the system. While DC promoted some of those risks.

I am just done with DC. I didn't like him last year either but how could anyone argue with his success.

I am not delusional however. The real issue is the leadership group of this team. They just don't seem to care about being the most abysmal team defensively and winning puck battles. It started after Alfie left and Spezza took over, Karlsson and his lazy starts doesn't help either.

Should have picked a better captain.

Lmaoooooo, Karlsson lead the biggest post-season stretch run in NHL history on a medicore team. Then backed it up with an unbelievable series against the Habs. He put up numbers unheard of in past 20 years in second half of season.

He is also top 4 in points in the LEAGUE with a +7 playing 2nd most minutes in NHL this year.

How the hell can you post something like this with a straight face.

Yes, yes yes yes!!!!!! If Karlsson plays with more emotion and leads league in points with +30 then for sure that HAS to solve Boro, Cowen and Wier's deficiencies as barely NHL defenders!!!!!!!

Damn, Karlsson and his terrible leadership not carrying an abymsal defense after the top pairing and brutal bottom 6 deployment and production.

If leadership means leading by example then Karlsson is top 3-5 in the league. If leadership is about respect and teammate support then Karlsson is also top 3-5 in league.

Well I am not.

You tell em, captain!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Glad that management and coaches were able to form a complete picture of Dzingel while he was with the big club.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Is the decision for call ups solely on the shoulders of the head coach?

It is unlikely that Cameron has any say on call-ups. He would have next to no knowledge regarding our AHLers. It is likely a combination of Randy Lee and Luke Richardson, with some basic input from Murray (i.e this is who is out/this is the type of player we need).

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
he had the second lowest 5v5 corsi percentage in the league. It was only a matter of time. Call greening back up. He has the 5th highest

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Karlsson, Turris, Methot, Neil, Smith, and Ryan are not the problem. Even suggesting that most of these guys are slacking on the defensive side of the puck is kind of preposterous.

Wiercioch, Cowen, Boro, Ceci, a problem with inconsistency in our younger players (Zibanejad, etc), and a cornucopia of injuries to top-9 forwards are the problem. Having one of the worst, least deep bluelines in the entire league is the problem. Having the forwards feel the need to score 6 goals a game in order to win is the problem.

I think a decent 2nd pairing partner for Ceci would significantly improve this team. You could then minimize the minutes given to the bottom pairing guys in games where that made sense. You slot this missing piece in and I think the whole defense comes into much better alignment.

The other big factor is that injuries are starting to pile up in the forward ranks as well. Ryan, Mac & Michalek are all decent to very good forwards. Ryan has been really on a roll for awhile and has been playing very well.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think they're paid by game, so unless he stayed up for the next game, he's paid the same.

Per day on the roster isn't it? That's how salary cap is calculated at least.
That's why there were teams who would do daily reassignments when they had their AHL affiliate basically next door to their NHL building. Save cap space.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think they're paid by game, so unless he stayed up for the next game, he's paid the same.

Per day on the roster isn't it? That's how salary cap is calculated at least.
That's why there were teams who would do daily reassignments when they had their AHL affiliate basically next door to their NHL building. Save cap space.

IIRC, NHL players are paid on the 15th and last day of every month during the regular season. Players under a standard contract get (x) paycheques each year, and they get 1/(x)th of their regular (non-bonus) NHL salaries for each paycheque.

They are not paid by the game, but for the length of time they spend on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad