Rumor: Dylan Strome is available (per Elliotte Friedman)

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
With Strome you'd also be paying for age and upside. It evens out.

UFAs are always overpaid.

Strome is at his upside. He all the sudden isn't becoming fleet of foot...or skate. He kind of is what he is.

Also, was he part fo the reason for the decline in Cat being saddled with him so much?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Imagine Dylan Strome and Artemi Panarin together...why even be a Hawks fan anyone? :sarcasm:

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Imagine Dylan Strome and Artemi Panarin together...why even be a Hawks fan anyone? :sarcasm:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Cat definitely missed more than his share of chances this season. Not denying that.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Rarely do they get moved, but let's take a look.

These are the teams that could use Strome, plus the young top 4 lhd they have:

Boston: Urho Vaakanainen?

New Jersery: Ty Smith?

Detroit: Dennis Cholowski? Jared McIsaac?

Montreal: Alexander Romanov?

Ottawa: Thomas Chabot (untouchable), Erik Brannstrom? Jonny Tychonick?

Dallas: Miro Heiskanen (untouchable), Thomas Harley?

Minnesota: none

Nashville: none

Anaheim: Jacob Larsson? Brendan Guhle? Josh Mahura?

Arizona: well...they probably don't want Strome

Los Angeles: Tobias Bjornfot?

Vegas: Shea Theodore (won't be available), Nicolas Hague?

Columbus: Zach Werenski (untouchable)

San Jose: Artemi Knyazev?

So basically the only proven top 4 D options here are untouchable. You'd have to go after a prospect that you believe is a sure thing, but also one that the team you're trading with could do without.

Ty Smith, Erik Brannstrom, and Alexander Romanov probably have the highest upside. I highly doubt New Jersey would trade Smith for Strome, since they will want to bank on Hischier and Hughes being their centers. Montreal has Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

So Ottawa's Erik Brannstrom is the only option I could see.

EDIT: I forgot about Calgary. Strome for Noah Hanifin could be another option.

Sens fan here I dont think we'll trade Brannstrom.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
podkolzin please. bring over the russians!

Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Debrincat-Toews-Podkolzin
Raymond-Shalunov-Kurashev
Wise-Barrett-Entwhistle
Kayumov

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
This is the dumbest route to take. Hall is not going to be worth his 10+ contract he is going to receive and is a team cancer
With this pandemic... The economy is going down ....players will be available and free agents will sign for way less

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I will admit, the cap issues I’ve talked about are a little over blown. Maatta is only a 700k buyout and Smith is about 1 million if necessary.

I truly believe the organization is trying to go a different way with players who can play a role like the Blues. Strome is a strange player who just doesn’t fill any particular role very well.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs and KWP

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I didn't realize at first, but Noah Hanifin is very cost controlled. If you buy out Maatta (or trade him for picks), you wouldn't even need to make additional cap moves to fit Hanifin in.

Keith-Boqvist
Hanifin-Mitchell
DeHaan-Murphy
Seabrook

Swap in Beaudin if DeHaan isn't healthy. You've got yourself a nice young group there.

This is a trade I could see the Hawks doing. Alternatively, they may seek a surefire Crawford replacement.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I didn't realize at first, but Noah Hanifin is very cost controlled. If you buy out Maatta (or trade him for picks), you
wouldn't even need to make additional cap moves to fit Hanifin in.

Keith-Boqvist
Hanifin-Mitchell
DeHaan-Murphy
Seabrook

Swap in Beaudin if DeHaan isn't healthy. You've got yourself a nice young group there.

This is a trade I could see the Hawks doing. Alternatively, they may seek a surefire Crawford
replacement.

If you can get hanifin then that would be a worthwhile Strome trade to make.
Can always buy out Maatta no problem, but I could be wrong I think there will be a market for him for a trade.
Big one hopefully a compliance buy out for seabs.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Tankathon has Calgary at pick 16 atm. 16th overall for Strome, Hawks fans?
I think the Hawks might be able to get a bit more. Strome is a 50-60pt center who is a pretty sure thing at this point; a player in that range of the draft would be fortunate to get that much (and none of those guys are half the sure thing Strome is).

However, if a player the Hawks brass really liked dropped to that spot, I wouldn't have too many objections knowing our scouting staffs history.

Still, really risky trade IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad