Rumor: Dylan Strome is available (per Elliotte Friedman)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Jets fan posting on our board about potential trades.

We’ve got a good crop of promising young LHD in Heinola, Niku, and Samberg (although none of established) plus some young forwards who haven’t had a chance in the top-6 like Roslovic, Vesalainen. Depending on how Little’s recovery looks, we may desperately need a 2C like Strome.
It would say a lot about what the Hawks REALLY think of Strome if they traded him in division.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Can see it now. We trade Strome for a couple "promising" young players that dont pan out, and we are struggling to score goals next year and still allowing a shit ton.

It would seem that they should keep Strome unless they get someone to overpay. It makes sense to shop him - and to shop him hard - and then retain him if the return is not favorable. Dumping him just to dump him is not the ideal. If they get nothing for him, put him on a wing on the 3rd line and call it a day. Pay him as little as possible. If they think he wants to much, ultimately, well then dump him to dump him and take what you get. At any rate, the Hawks should be looking at any offer out there for him and go from there.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It would seem that they should keep Strome unless they get someone to overpay. It makes sense to shop him - and to shop him hard - and then retain him if the return is not favorable. Dumping him just to dump him is not the ideal. If they get nothing for him, put him on a wing on the 3rd line and call it a day. Pay him as little as possible. If they think he wants to much, ultimately, well then dump him to dump him and take what you get. At any rate, the Hawks should be looking at any offer out there for him and go from there.

Low ball him and let him rest his value on the RFA market. If nobody bites, he has no option but to sign, if someone does, take the picks.

Reactions: Robsker

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
I think the hawks trade Dylan Strome for draft pick .Then aggressively pursue Taylor Hall .The money saved on resigning Dylan Strome will be used towards Taylor Hall .Trade Shaw and Smith .

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It would say a lot about what the Hawks REALLY think of Strome if they traded him in division.

get the best value possible..the whole trade in division thing doesn't really matter imo, its about value...if they're prioritizing paying crawford over strome then that says enough about what the team thinks...Stan traded Hartman in the division and that turned out pretty well...if WPG will pay up for Strome then send him there..Also, its possible this is a message to Strome and his agent to drop their ask if he wants to stay

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think that Strome's offensive ability is somewhere between his pre-injury 19-20 production and his 18-19 production. So that would mean somewhere between 0.75-0.88 ppg. I think that 0.75 ppg is his floor and 0.90 is his ceiling.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I think the hawks trade Dylan Strome for draft pick .Then aggressively pursue Taylor Hall .The money saved on resigning Dylan Strome will be used towards Taylor Hall .Trade Shaw and Smith .

Where's the other ⅔ of the cash coming from?

Trade Shaw and Smith for what? Negative value.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
get the best value possible..the whole trade in division thing doesn't really matter imo, its about value...if they're prioritizing paying crawford over strome then that says enough about what the team thinks...Stan traded Hartman in the division and that turned out pretty well...if WPG will pay up for Strome then send him there..Also, its possible this is a message to Strome and his agent to drop their ask if he wants to stay
The bolded is a very good point.

Bowman knows Strome wants to remain here with his BFF and not be traded to a team where he might not be a fit in (similar to how he wasn't a fit in Arizona).

The Hawks rarely have something like this leak. Play ball or play on another team, Dylan.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The bolded is a very good point.

Bowman knows Strome wants to remain here with his BFF and not be traded to a team where he might not be a fit in (similar to how he wasn't a fit in Arizona).

The Hawks rarely have something like this leak. Play ball or play on another team, Dylan.

Really good points. There’s definitely a reason this is public

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I said max $8M. Realistically I sign him to a $5-6M deal. But if Strome hit UFA status tomorrow, there'd be a bidding war, and it wouldn't surprise me if it reached the $8M figure.

upload_2020-4-6_15-1-36.jpeg

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
This is the dumbest route to take. Hall is not going to be worth his 10+ contract he is going to receive and is a team cancer

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
what is the likelihood someone sends Strome an offersheet in a flat cap environment...if there is a time for Stan to play hardball its this summer...maybe sign a 1 year deal and figure it out next summer when the economy recovers, but strome has little to no leverage

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I said max $8M. Realistically I sign him to a $5-6M deal. But if Strome hit UFA status tomorrow, there'd be a bidding war, and it wouldn't surprise me if it reached the $8M figure.

I even like Strome and I would laugh my ass off if someone gave him 8mil.

Reactions: KWP

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Not sure why that's funny. Matt Duchene got 8M.

Duchene is overpaid, but at the very least he provided a significant track record of being an upper echelon NHL player.

Strome has done no such thing. He's 13 goals and 20 points back of Duchene's peak.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Duchene is overpaid, but at the very least he provided a significant track record of being an upper echelon NHL player.

Strome has done no such thing. He's 13 goals and 20 points back of Duchene's peak.
With Strome you'd also be paying for age and upside. It evens out.

UFAs are always overpaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad