Cut/Released: Dwayne Haskins (signs with the Steelers)

Sep 19, 2008
He's still a young kid. He has to mature but if he can get with a winning organization like the Steelers he can succeed. He also has to park his ego. He has to understand he is not the main guy there. They are going to focus on Big Ben at least as long as he is playing. He has plenty of time to sit down in the qb room and study.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
He's still a young kid. He has to mature but if he can get with a winning organization like the Steelers he can succeed. He also has to park his ego. He has to understand he is not the main guy there. They are going to focus on Big Ben at least as long as he is playing. He has plenty of time to sit down in the qb room and study.

The current Steelers are not the Steelers of the past, they are not a 'winning organization' anymore, and they have a recent history of not being able to control players with attitude problems. This is not going to go well.

Sep 19, 2008
The current Steelers are not the Steelers of the past, they are not a 'winning organization' anymore, and they have a recent history of not being able to control players with attitude problems. This is not going to go well.
Ah yes that is why they let Antonio Brown go and didn't miss a beat

Sep 19, 2008
Steelers let Bell and Antonio Brown go

"BUT THEY HAVE BAD CULTURE"

go 8-8 in a harrowing season and 11-5 next year

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Steelers let Bell and Antonio Brown go

"BUT THEY HAVE BAD CULTURE"

go 8-8 in a harrowing season and 11-5 next year

Who allowed Brown, and to a lesser extent Bell, to become problems?

11-5 against the easiest schedule in the league. They are not a good football team, and I say that as a Steelers fan. The O line is old and on a steep decline, they don't have a legitimate starting RB, their HOF QB is on his last legs, TE is shaky, and their WRs, while talented, drop the ball left and right. Not to mention their upcoming cap troubles.

Other than that, they're in ship shape.

Sep 19, 2008
Who allowed Brown, and to a lesser extent Bell, to become problems?

11-5 against the easiest schedule in the league. They are not a good football team, and I say that as a Steelers fan. The O line is old and on a steep decline, they don't have a legitimate starting RB, their HOF QB is on his last legs, TE is shaky, and their WRs, while talented, drop the ball left and right. Not to mention their upcoming cap troubles.

Other than that, they're in ship shape.
Sure Tomlin will still have them 9-7. The guy hasn't had a bad season after all. You're right that things are declining but the Steelers are still a pretty good organization.

Could Haskins really be worse than Mason Rudolph? 2nd string for him wouldn't be bad.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Not a fan of it. There is literally no chance Tomlin can reign this guy in. It took most of this past season to talk to JuJu about his shenanigans. Haskins needs to grow up. Won’t happen in Pittsburgh

Thats why I’m not banking on him for the starting job, Steelers need to draft a QB or else go 15-17 years without one ala Terry Bradshaw.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Sure Tomlin will still have them 9-7. The guy hasn't had a bad season after all. You're right that things are declining but the Steelers are still a pretty good organization.

Could Haskins really be worse than Mason Rudolph? 2nd string for him wouldn't be bad.
It all depends on work ethic. If Haskins is in the building at 7:30am he's already a few hours too late.

Taylor Heinicke, in his brief stint on the Pats' practice squad, thought that being there 5:15am would make a good first impression on Tom Brady. Only thing is, Brady was already there.

"The first day I was there, I said [to myself], 'I'm going to make a great impression. I'm going to be the first one in the building,' " Heinicke said Thursday, via NBC Sports Washington.
So, Heinicke strolled into the Patriots' practice facility between 5:15 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. -- to find Brady already watching film.
Ex-Pats QB Heinicke has priceless story about first time meeting Brady

Reactions: DaveG

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Haskins must enjoy The Lion King so much he's living out the movie.

Strip club scandal is the equivalent of going to the elephant graveyard with Nala.

Now he'll be a carefree loser with Timon and Puumba in the jungle, singing "No Worries".

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Haskins could become the second coming of Jesus Christ and he'd still suck at football. His attitude is only half his problem, the other half is that he's just not very good. The CFL might be his calling.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Not a fan of it. There is literally no chance Tomlin can reign this guy in. It took most of this past season to talk to JuJu about his shenanigans. Haskins needs to grow up. Won’t happen in Pittsburgh
Why does a grown ass man need to be reigned in or should be reigned in, and why should that be Tomlin's job?

Yall being ridiculous.

Reactions: Khelandros

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Pittsburgh absolutely should have taken a flyer.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't look into the draft for another QB as well or see what happens in FA/trade market.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

PhillyWings

May 10, 2010
PA

8-8 playoff record and only one Lombardi way back in 2008.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad