Cut/Released: Dwayne Haskins (signs with the Steelers)

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
dude must have been awful to deal with outside of gamedays if they are cutting a 1st round pick qb 1.5 years after selecting him.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Should have been cut one week ago...Someone must have stopped Rivera from doing it.... They couldn't stop him after yesterdays pathetic display..

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Fined twice for COVID violation, more interested in partying with strippers then completing passes or being an NFL QB.
yeah the timing is crazy tho. team must have thought he was a bad distraction. they have a must win game coming up and they played a guy in the 2nd half that was an XFL player. i guess they are confident in smith returning.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I couldn't pick him up. Can't do it. The selfie / leaving early crap is bad enough, but out there breaking covid protocols while your coach has a cancer? Yeah, you're not going to be my QB.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He definitely had it coming imo.

Between his arrogant attitude, constant f***ups in how he carried himself and general lack of work ethic he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

Honestly if I was Rivera I would have cut him after he was caught partying at that strip club maskless. Appalling lack of self awareness and showed zero care for the people around him given Rivera himself is at greater risk from COVID due to his battle with cancer.

Good riddance.

Reactions: EpochLink

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Think Haskins just leaving right after the game to go home without notifying people and refusing to do a media appearance (right after the game) was the final straw. Even after that whole week, both on and off the field, the guy just straight up left.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Think Haskins just leaving right after the game to go home without notifying people and refusing to do a media appearance (right after the game) was the final straw. Even after that whole week, both on and off the field, the guy just straight up left.

That was awful too. People will say "but other QBs have done that!" without realizing that yeah, guys like Cam Newton and even Tom Brady have walked out on the media. The difference is those guys were established stars who had good reputations already and thus get the benefit of the doubt.

Haskins however, had not earned the same type of reprieve. Dude is a punk.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
yeah the timing is crazy tho. team must have thought he was a bad distraction. they have a must win game coming up and they played a guy in the 2nd half that was an XFL player. i guess they are confident in smith returning.

Washington is just horrible for a young QB to go to. They ruin/fast track everybody to starter, then leave him out to fail, or get hit into oblivion and they lose their confidence and passion. It's gone from sad to just astonishing.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fined twice for COVID violation, more interested in partying with strippers then completing passes or resembling an NFL QB.
In a normal season, doing that would be no issue. But under Covid, he put himself in a position where he could have been put on the Covid List and either missed practice or the game. Can't do that.

Enough guys are contracting it by following the protocols, but to dis-regard them the way he did, can't have that.

He was due $4.4 mill on his contract for the next 2 seasons under his rookie deal in base salary. I don't see him getting claimed now. Are those 2 years of base salary guaranteed?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Washington is just horrible for a young QB to go to. They ruin/fast track everybody to starter, then leave him out to fail, or get hit into oblivion and they lose their confidence and passion. It's gone from sad to just astonishing.

Wait, you're blaming the Skins for this? Other than making the mistake of drafting him, how are they to blame for his lack of work ethic, total disregard of Covid rules & total disinterest of behaving like a pro?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
dude must have been awful to deal with outside of gamedays if they are cutting a 1st round pick qb 1.5 years after selecting him.
Combine that with the fact that the current brain trust weren’t the ones who drafted him, so it’s also not their problem that that happened.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Shocking that a QB that nobody wanted except the owner failed. He's acting like a total dick, but not a single coach wanted him and I am sure that had an equal affect as his doucheyness did.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Wait, you're blaming the Skins for this? Other than making the mistake of drafting him, how are they to blame for his lack of work ethic, total disregard of Covid rules & total disinterest of behaving like a pro?

Look at the list of young QBs that franchise drafted, ruined and ran out of the league as fast as they entered it since around 93 brah.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Look at the list of young QBs that franchise drafted, ruined and ran out of the league as fast as they entered it since around 02 brah.

That’s not on Washington, when you hit the NFL you are supposed to grasp the teachings and vibe of your environment. Haskins thought he made it when he got drafted, he never put in the work...Washington gave him the access to all the tools to succeed, he never capitalized it.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

No, he's right. It's due to Dan Snyder. His relationships with his "QBs" give them a sort of tendency for entitlement.

Has been for over 20 years now. Even if young QBs like Haskins already have entitlement issues, Snyder makes it worse. Much much worse.

Reactions: Darkwing Psyduck

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
No, he's right. It's due to Dan Snyder. His relationships with his "QBs" give them a sort of tendency for entitlement.

Has been for over 20 years now. Even if young QBs like Haskins already have entitlement issues, Snyder makes it worse. Much much worse.

Thank you. I live in the Northern VA/DC area so I know what I'm talking about with this chronic problem.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Look at the list of young QBs that franchise drafted, ruined and ran out of the league as fast as they entered it since around 93 brah.

Other than Shanahan overplaying an injured RG3, who are we talking about?.... the Heath Schulers of the world?

Regardless, none of that has anything to do with Haskins not taking his career seriously. This guy is a total clown & the only thing they did wrong was draft him in the first place. Brah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad