Dustin Byfuglien Throws 6 Punches At AJ Greer While Down

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
People think Byfuglien is a good fighter? The guy is lousy.

He landed more punches when buddy was on the ground than he has his entire career.

People need to stop acting like Byfuglien is some destroyer in the fighting department.
I agree here he's not a fighter strong as an ox but lacks the fighting fundamentals prob a good bar room brawler tho

Reactions: bennylundholm

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Stop trying to justify their gutless reaction to his predatory attack. Gutless and disgusting fans there cheering

Should not be cheered for i thought this would be OBVIOUS :shakehead
Taking a shot at an entire fan base?!?!
If a Canuck had done the exact same thing as Buff I guarantee you the fans at Rogers Place would be cheering. Same as any fan base in the league. You and your high horse are just sickening.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
That's an awfully brazen statement from a fan of a team that's never won a playoff game. Like not one. Zero playoff wins.

Again.. Zero. I'm not talking playoff series wins either. I mean they've literally never won a game in the playoffs. Not just since 2011 when they became the Jets either. Dating back to 1999 when the franchise entered the league they have never won a playoff game.

The franchise has been in the league longer than some current NHL players have been alive and they have never won a playoff game.

Dropping a statement like that lol. What a joke.

That’s the past bud, look at the future. That’s about to change very drastically and you know it and that’s what’s killing you. The only thing you can cling to is about to disappear.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Feel the love for Buff, apposing teams hate and we love him. Great character, laughed so hard seeing him singing & clapping in the box as Greer was rethinking his dumb actions on the bench. Funny as hell. 4th liner plug tries to goon up our stars and you will be dealt with. Love it Buff, well done.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Unfortunately this basically sums up these boards and really the internet. Logic, and facts don't mean a thing. If it's in your favour then it's great, if not then it's bad and the rules need to change blah blah blah. Both players made bad decisions in that sequence, OP was just trying to gauge opinions on if the play was questionable or not, but instead insert troll city lol but that's how most of these treads go.

Sad but true. The main boards these days remind me of the Jordan Peterson / Cathy Newman exchange. Except both sides generally play the part of Cathy Newman.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
You'd probably become a fatass after losing a loved one, too. He bounced back, and I doubt it happens again. Laughing about it isn't a good look.
Lolol why are you trying to make excuses for this guy. You think it's your job to defend his bad eating habits?

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I will avatar bet any one in here the jets win at least 2 games this post season if they make it. You have to sport a buff avi with under title saying buffs my daddy

stranger

Jan 18, 2015
MN
How does this thread have 23 pages?? I've never seen so many buttt hurt people.

So Buff threw a punch or two late. It wasn't even worth rewinding watching live.

Fine him, or suspend him for a game. IDGAF. Move on.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Should probably be fined. Pretty greasy to keep throwing when the guy is tied up by the linesman and is defenceless. But that's what Buff is. A big, fat bully. Literally. Good player but he is just a meathead.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Two wrongs dont make a right pal. Respect yourself :shakehead

Maybe you should look inward at your "gutless" fanbase before you start throwing shade then.

Or maybe realize half the people at a hockey game go there hoping for fights and big hits and will cheer when they happen, regardless of how clean or by the rules they are. Same as the people who boo obvious penalties.

But I get that it doesn't help feed your obsession, thinking rationally about things.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
The Michelin man has been a POS since he joined the league. Nowhere near as boneheaded as previous plays he has made but still pretty bad if you compare this to what a regular NHLer would do.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Can we just get one thing straight in here: Greer isn't a plug. He's a rookie 2nd rounder who had a nice assist just a game ago. You can flex your muscles without saying ignorant things.
Fair enough. I realize he was frustrated because of the score but going after Wheeler that late in the period was probably not the wisest of moves. Buff crossed the line in retaliation, but doesn't excuse his behaviour.

Reactions: a mangy Meowth

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Feel the love for Buff, apposing teams hate and we love him. Great character, laughed so hard seeing him singing & clapping in the box as Greer was rethinking his dumb actions on the bench. Funny as hell. 4th liner plug tries to goon up our stars and you will be dealt with. Love it Buff, well done.
I bet youd love it when the tables are turned and its your player being pumched while they're down

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Also kinda funny how the same Peg fans calling for a lengthy suspension after Schiefele's injury have changed their tune for this play lol. 'Peg doesn't seem to breed objectivity lmao.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Fair enough. I realize he was frustrated because of the score but going after Wheeler that late in the period was probably not the wisest of moves. Buff crossed the line in retaliation, but doesn't excuse his behaviour.
Greer just plays like that all the time. He's a poor man's Tom Wilson. It really wasn't personal or tied to the score lol, he just plays like that.

Personally don't even mind that Buff wanted to fight him. And obviously Greer didn't mind either, he dropped em immediately. It's just the extracurricular stuff that bothered me

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014
I don't understand how anyone can say Greer started anything or "went after" Wheeler. Take off your homer glasses.

Wheeler laid a minor hit on Greer, then followed it up with a whack with the butt of his stick/side of his glove into Greer's chest. Greer pushed him with his hands and then gave him a wimpy cross check. There was no chasing him down. There was no "Greer trying to fight Wheeler". How on earth do any of you guys actually see that happening?!

Regardless of what Byfuglien did after they fell to the ice, there shouldn't have been a fight in the first place. Wheeler is a big boy; he can handle a shove in the back.

Reactions: Foppberg

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018

If thats what you're call "going after" I hate to break it to you but maybe hockey isn't the sport for you lol. Winter Olympics are going on, it's alot more tame. That happens every game to every superstar (And Wheeler is a star not a superstar fyi)

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Greer just plays like that all the time. He's a poor man's Tom Wilson. It really wasn't personal or tied to the score lol, he just plays like that.

Personally don't even mind that Buff wanted to fight him. And obviously Greer didn't mind either, he dropped em immediately. It's just the extracurricular stuff that bothered me
I was just going to add that he shouldn't be too upset if he gets his clock cleaned by someone. Not a fan of Buffs extracurricular either but Greer has to expect that once and while if he continues to instigate like that.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I was just going to add that he shouldn't be too upset if he gets his clock cleaned by someone. Not a fan of Buffs extracurricular either but Greer has to expect that once and while if he continues to instigate like that.
But nobody should have to expect punches being thrown at them while they're being pinned to the ice by 2 linesmen. I think that's pretty obvious. No player in the league deserves that. Well except for Matt Cooke

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00