Dustin Byfuglien Throws 6 Punches At AJ Greer While Down

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Except Greer didn't drop the gloves and grab Wheeler. He crosschecked him after Wheeler gave him a shot lol. And then he skated away.

Clearly you didn't watch it either with the way you're trying to change the facts

I never stated he grabbed him....trying to spin words now? I stated you haven’t watched the whole clip, ie where Greer started trying to goat Wheeler into a fight before the puck was dropped even....stop commenting if you never watched the whole clip which clearly you haven’t. That’s why pmo was screaming, Greer tried to goat him into a fight before play even started. Nice try though.

Greer tried to start shit and got a lesson. Bush league there, next time he won’t.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I never stated he grabbed him....trying to spin words now? I stated you haven’t watched the whole clip, ie where Greer started trying to goat Wheeler into a fight before the puck was dropped even....stop commenting if you never watched the whole clip which clearly you haven’t. That’s why pmo was screaming, Greer tried to goat him into a fight before play even started. Nice try though
Hooking/tapping someone is not the same as trying to GOAD someone into a fight. Or is the Jets team just that sensitive that they can't even handle a dropped challenge of a fight (if that's even what he did, which you cannot prove)? Greer skated away from Wheeler after he crosschecked him. Doesn't seem like what you'd do if you were really trying to fight someone.

I suspect if Lowry grabbed McDavid and dropped the gloves before the puck was dropped you might be singing a different tune

If things were reversed and Lowry (& Lowry is a heck a lot better player then Greer) tried to drop the gloves with Nate M
Then what are these false equivalencies my friend?

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
I never stated he grabbed him....trying to spin words now? I stated you haven’t watched the whole clip, ie where Greer started trying to goat Wheeler into a fight before the puck was dropped even....stop commenting if you never watched the whole clip which clearly you haven’t. That’s why pmo was screaming, Greer tried to goat him into a fight before play even started. Nice try though.

Greer tried to start **** and got a lesson. Bush league there, next time he won’t.

You keep using that term and I'm not sure you know what it means lol. Again if you think what Greer did is bush league take a break from hockey and take up the Olympics for a bit. Hockey is a physical sport.

Reactions: Avs425

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
if an opposing player touches your favorite team's player. Since it happens all the time
You are right it does happen all the time and sometimes another player will step in and take up that challenge. I'm not honestly upset at the incident at all. Greer challenged Wheeler to a fight Buff stepped in and crossed the line late in the fight. It's the swipe at fan bases or ragging on Buff for stepping in for Wheeler that has me wondering on the sanity of some of the responses.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I love all the crying in this thread, it makes the four point game vs a divisional team even better.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
We’re all hypocrites when it comes to this stuff.
Buff is our guy so we love it.
It works that way.
Greer will live at the last report I heard.
Next....

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Avs fans upset b/c we blew them out and Buff owned one of their players again. Remember when he crushed Barrie with a good hit a couple years ago....they sure do.Whole thing was pretty funny actually. Buff clapping and singing in the box was the funniest thing all year

Buff's an asshat but this was just a fight between two willing combatants.

Me think's hockey has grown far too tame for some of the "new fans"

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
He's a 4th line scrub going after the other teams top player trying to provoke a fight. For those complaining about "the code", this is just about the worst possible offence under "the code". Not only that Greer declines to fight someone else who steps up to say "fight me instead", then goes after the star player again. He's a complete douchebag move by any measure and isn't going to be protected by the code because he's blatantly disregarding it himself.

Reactions: Saidin

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Buff's an asshat but this was just a fight between two willing combatants.

Me think's hockey has grown far too tame for some of the "new fans"

Exactly. The poster(s) on here claiming that what Greer did is "bush league" might need to take up a new sport if they aren't used to the physicality of hockey.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No not a light tap, you clearly haven’t watched the whole clip. Greer was trying to instigate a fight with Wheeler before the puck was even dropped. I suspect if Lowry grabbed McDavid and dropped the gloves before the puck was dropped you might be singing a different tune. Greer started it, buff ended it. End of story.

Hopefully Wheeler has been able to recover from that vicious shove and tap on the arm off the faceoff. Must have been in shock afterwards, that's the only way he would have been able to go hit Greer and give him a couple of shots of his own without passing out from the pain.

Certainly worthy of Buff jumping a guy he outweighs by literally about 70-80 lbs and punching him 6 times while he's being held down by two linesman.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Hopefully Wheeler has been able to recover from that vicious shove and tap on the arm off the faceoff. Must have been in shock afterwards, that's the only way he would have been able to go hit Greer and give him a couple of shots of his own without passing out from the pain.

Certainly worthy of Buff jumping a guy he outweighs by literally about 70-80 lbs and punching him 6 times while he's being held down by two linesman.
If you can't understand Buff standing up for another player,the teams best player, then I can't help you. Greer was willing to fight Wheeler but not Buff? Buff didn't jump him.

Now to be fair, Buff crossed the line in the fight.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Stop trying to justify their gutless reaction to his predatory attack. Gutless and disgusting fans there cheering

Should not be cheered for i thought this would be OBVIOUS :shakehead
You don't get it. Fans cheer after fights. The cheering in this one is for Buff sticking up for his captain who was being challenged by a fourth line rookie. When Greer went after Wheeler, he was breaking "the code" of not challenging the top player and captain of an opposing team to a fight. Go after a fighter. Buff sure isn't going to show him respect, rather teach him a lesson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad