Dustin Byfuglien Throws 6 Punches At AJ Greer While Down

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Greer tries to fight Wheeler, Byfuglien Steps in, both guys square off until Byfuglien falls down. Then While down Byfuglien continues to throw 6 punches at a defenseless Greer's face even after being tied up by the linesman.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Poor defenceless Greer who started the whole thing.
Get a grip. Back to the Olympics for you.
What? Someone always initiates a fight. That doesn't mean you get your face beat in once you're defenseless. There's a code and Byfuglien straight up went against it. It was disgusting and it's dumbfounding that somebody would try to defend it.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
How did it start?

Feel lucky there wasn't an instigator which there absolutely should have been.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Greer tries to fight Wheeler, Byfuglien Steps in, both guys square off until Byfuglien falls down. Then While down and Greer is tied up by the referee Byfuglien continues to throw 6 punches at a defenseless Greer's face.

Will post gif or video when available.

Tough. Hopefully he'll stay away from our captain and leading scorer in the future.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That was pretty bad from Byfuglien. I get you want to protect your top players from fighting but you both went down, wait till you both get up and throw again since he was willing to or get some next period. Not sure who Colorado has that could go after him but I would or at least Wheeler one more time.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Good fight, took a couple shots while Greer was down so he probably deserved the misconduct. Not sure if it’s suspension worthy, maybe a fine

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
I didn’t mind the first few punches on the ground before refs got there. The last 2 he should have stopped. Not the end of the world

Reactions: 204hockey

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
[Does] your captain and leading scorer a who need protection from his bigger mates?
Our leading scorer doesn't need to waste his time with some no-name plug. He definitely doesn't need to fight some no-name plug in a 4-0 game, and if the no-name plug feels like he wants to instigate a fight, then maybe he should be ready for someone else to do the same.

Now, I don't think the trade-off Buff for Greer is great for us either, but it's better than Wheeler fighting him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->