Duncan Keith

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
while i agree with what you wrote and is saying.

and i agree with your suggested pairing.

they are fans and with a fans opinion.

he, keith can still help this team. not as a top pairing.

giphy.gif

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I have no problems with Keith as a top pairing player...even though if he was able to carry Rosie's carcass he should be able to carry Franson's carcass.

I have problems with Keith on the PP. At this point there's no reason for it. Both Franson and Forsling could take over point duties. and keep Keith fresh for PK duties where he shines.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Keith now 0 for 102 shots on goal since he last scored an NHL goal...this does not include all his shot attempts blocked or missing the net ...Probably close to some all time Futility record for goals to shot attempts...Very hard to watch such futility.

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
Unfortunately it isn't just his shot that is a problem. He is not winning battles, and he is just handing over the puck to the opposition in the worst spots. Probably directly responsible for more goals against than any other single player.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
keith is doing nothing around the net when the other team has a player there.

-4 for tonite, i think this in itself should explain keith season so far.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Yeah...this was a game where Keith should have been riding the pine after the 1st. Probably the worst game of his that I remember and Deron Quint would have been an upgrade.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah...this was a game where Keith should have been riding the pine after the 1st. Probably the worst game of his that I remember and Deron Quint would have been an upgrade.
i don't know if that in itself is the right answer, but it is a start. this team needs a kick in the ass and maybe benching your 2 key d-man, seabs and keith will be the wake up the team needs..... plus additional practices.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
i don't know if that in itself is the right answer, but it is a start. this team needs a kick in the ass and maybe benching your 2 key d-man, seabs and keith will be the wake up the team needs..... plus additional practices.

The way I see it is that there comes a point with every player in which, when they're having a bad game and are a complete liability, you have to get them off the ice.

The leash may be shorter for rookies, but even your deep core this should happen. Even if it's Crosby, Gretzky, etc. There's a point in which you just have to forget about this game and move onto the next, because every chance they have to "redeem" themselves, they just further shoot the team in the foot.

Last night was one of those nights for Keith.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The way I see it is that there comes a point with every player in which, when they're having a bad game and are a complete liability, you have to get them off the ice.

The leash may be shorter for rookies, but even your deep core this should happen. Even if it's Crosby, Gretzky, etc. There's a point in which you just have to forget about this game and move onto the next, because every chance they have to "redeem" themselves, they just further shoot the team in the foot.

Last night was one of those nights for Keith.
while i am with you, my objective outlook is, it can't hurt. esp for keith, he is have a horrible season. maybe having sharp back on the team is taking it tow on him. hell i would feel betrayed by the org if they did that to me.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
We can talk about the D performance but what about the lack of an offensive production from 2 and 7.

Both guys play half the minutes of 4 pp each game. The Hawks have had more pp chances than any team in the league.

2 and 7 have a combined one goal - one - through a third of the season. That is pathetic given their PP minutes

Reactions: Ted Lasso

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
We can talk about the D performance but what about the lack of an offensive production from 2 and 7.

Both guys play half the minutes of 4 pp each game. The Hawks have had more pp chances than any team in the league.

2 and 7 have a combined one goal - one - through a third of the season. That is pathetic given their PP minutes

While I definitely agree that Keith+Seabs have to contribute more O from the blueline, the alpha and omega of their games has to be defense.

They aren't doing either right now. I'm actually quite surprised Crawford & Forsberg haven't filled their skates with Cheez-whiz™ as penance for their sins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad