Dumbest thing said within your own fan base?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
"*insert rookie name here* is a total bust and should have never been drafted".

-Signed: Some fans from every team in the league

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Early in the 2015-16 season a lot of Penguins fans were actually saying we should trade Crosby and/or Malkin and/or Letang because "our core is washed up and Sid is finished".

As a Penguins fan I will say: Penguins fans are really really stupid.

Edit: Recently, on the local newspapers website I saw a guy actually say that Malkin should be traded because he sucks and that Jim Rutherford should be fire. This guy said that Pittsburgh needs to 1)Fire the GM, 2) trade away their core, 3) Re-build around Kessel.

and he wasn't joking. I'll post the pics if I can find the screenshot.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Early in the 2015-16 season a lot of Penguins fans were actually saying we should trade Crosby and/or Malkin and/or Letang because "our core is washed up and Sid is finished".

As a Penguins fan I will say: Penguins fans are really really stupid.

Edit: Recently, on the local newspapers website I saw a guy actually say that Malkin should be traded because he sucks and that Jim Rutherford should be fire. This guy said that Pittsburgh needs to 1)Fire the GM, 2) trade away their core, 3) Re-build around Kessel.

and he wasn't joking. I'll post the pics if I can find the screenshot.

Im curious so post the pics if you have the chance ;)

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
In HFBlues, probably those who said Tarasenko didn't care yet he would go and break sticks at the end of a loss.

In person, my Dad said that RNH was terrible last year and would never come back to form.

I came here to post those idiotic Blues fans who swear we need to trade Tarasenko, I see it entirely to much. Less here than some of the other Blues fan hangouts.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Me after 2012-13:
1) Yakupov has the best one timer in the league and will rival Ovie and Stamkos soon enough.
2) Justin Schultz is the best PPQB in the league due to his versatility and ability to get shots through

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I was just thinking today about how I actually talked to another Pens fan and she told me she didn't like coach Sullivan and "missed Dan" (Bylsma).

I guess being peak trash talk season between fans with the playoffs and all, I thought I'd turn the tables a little. What is the dumbest thing you've heard said recently within your own fan base?

"there's no way this team will come close to a winning record."

-Most of us

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Seriously some of my favorite threads of all-time.

I think the anger over a, what was perceived as a shady lost lottery and the over excitement over a prospect who was in fact scoring at a great rate was the perfect storm to throw out all rationality. I mean, I seem to remember that Petr was, at one point ahead in the scoring race, but I also seem to remember it was VERY early in the season.
Of course those arguments quickly fizzled away at the end of the season when Crosby's assists alone had beaten Prucha's total point production.

Always liked Prucha and it's a shame he didn't take the next step forward from his rookie season, but boy if there was a case study about fan bases overvaluing their own prospects, I think this episode would have been in it.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
The Benning defenders/apologists in general. They try too hard to justify his trades and poor draft picks.

While there are always a handful of wingnuts and attention trolls in any fan base, I think the whole “Benning Apologist” narrative is just a reactionary response by another part of the fan base to tar and feather anyone who isn’t a foaming at the mouth Benning hater. And this is coming from someone who would give Benning a 3/10 for his job so far.

But to answer the OP, there was a poster on the Canuck boards who unironically said Pouliot looked like a “young Doughty” after a game where Pouliot hadnt outright shit the bed.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Im curious so post the pics if you have the chance ;)
upload_2018-4-19_14-13-34.png

upload_2018-4-19_14-13-50.png

Edit: I was mistaken about the "build around kessel" part, but the rest is there. lol

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
My father basically parrots whatever Cherry says. One of my friends (who is only partially a Leafs fan) says he wouldn't want Tavares because his hands are terrible. A poster on another site claimed Kulemin would score 40 goals, 70 points in his rookie season.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
My father basically parrots whatever Cherry says. One of my friends (who is only partially a Leafs fan) says he wouldn't want Tavares because his hands are terrible. A poster on another site claimed Kulemin would score 40 goals, 70 points in his rookie season.
Honestly, that seems like half of canadian hockey fans. Don Cherry is gospel and anyone else is just stupid. Can't stand Raisins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad