Pre-Game Talk: Ducks vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Andersen is injured and I just can't see BB starting him against the Sharks. By process of elimination it's Hiller's start. That's kinda how I'm looking at tomorrow.

Quite worried about the game tbh.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Well im sure your blessing will make the decision easier for him. Really doesn't matter, hiller will get game 1 unless he is injured.

He can start hiller and if hiller is bad in game 1 swap to Anderson based off hillers play.

If he starts Anderson and Anderson plays bad, chances are hillers confidence will be shot and we might as well end the series after game 1.

This sentiment is driving me crazy. Why go with a goalie if we're going to be so quick to yank him? Andersen has clearly been the more consistent of the two, there's no way it's cut and dry that Hiller starts the series.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Anderson and Gibson are unproven, id rather not go into the playoffs using a relatively unproven goalie. Hiller generally plays better in big games. I think you guys have your heads in the clouds if you think anyone but hiller is in net come game 1. If game 1 goes bad then you can see a swap but the cage is hillers to lose come game 1.

Hiller has done everything he can to lose the team and coache's confidence. If he continues playing as poorly against the Sharks or the Kings, I think it is quite likely BB gives the nod to Freddie in game 1...as long as he is healthy. If Freddie is out for any serious amount of time then Hiller gets the job by default and guys should start booking tee times now.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
not too excited that hiller is starting tomorrow but theres really no other options. gibson isn't really ready yet IMO, and i doubt BB would put gibson in for such an important and big game, and andersen is still injured.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Obvious jinx thread. Pre-game talk?

filepicker-sUCZIgDHQTKreXrg0RxL_ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
All this crap on Hiller and watch him steal the game tomorrow.

Bummer about Fowler but smart and responsible decision to not play

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
All this crap on Hiller and watch him steal the game tomorrow.

Bummer about Fowler but smart and responsible decision to not play
Hiller is inconsistent and cannot be counted on. That said, he is also good at defying expectations. If he plays, I fully expect him to do very well and maybe even steal the game like you said. He will then play well for the rest of the season, so that we start him in the playoffs.

And he will then promptly fail us there, once we get our hopes up.

With all this, I actually would prefer that he not play.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Hiller is inconsistent and cannot be counted on. That said, he is also good at defying expectations. If he plays, I fully expect him to do very well and maybe even steal the game like you said. He will then play well for the rest of the season, so that we start him in the playoffs.

And he will then promptly fail us there, once we get our hopes up.

With all this, I actually would prefer that he not play.

Yeah it sucks that Andersen went down and we have to rely on Hiller. Better not be like last playoffs where we had no choice but to rely on Hiller due to Fasth being injured.

Here is the question, if Hiller sucks it up in the playoffs would they start Gibson if Andersen in unable to go?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah it sucks that Andersen went down and we have to rely on Hiller. Better not be like last playoffs where we had no choice but to rely on Hiller due to Fasth being injured.

Here is the question, if Hiller sucks it up in the playoffs would they start Gibson if Andersen in unable to go?

Most likely, no.

DaDucks*

There was a 11 yr old kid in a sharks jersey that skated up to me at the start of stick time on Sunday and said: "you and I are gunna have a problem."(jokingly) He singled me out, because naturally I was wearing a full ducks uniform. (Sbisa)

The youngster spent most of the practice session dominating 1 on 1 with a smaller and younger buddy of his. As soon as I deemed his confidence was at his highest, I jumped in the 1-1 (jokingly and playfully) and still managed to knock him down somehow... Lol.. The smaller of the two kids loved it.

For me, the pre-game started that Sunday.

Oh btw, I'm 32 years old and 6" 235. :yo:

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Quite frankly, I don't trust Hiller at this point and I wouldn't entrust playoff games to him in hopes that he might find his game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gotta win this one. I'm hoping for a packed house at the Pond.

Also, so sick of NHL network saying were trying to win to avoid the Kings in the first round…were trying to win to get home ice advantage!

With your avatar, i read the bolded part in a desperate, screaming Zoidberg`s voice :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad