Pre-Game Talk: Ducks vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
I have a good feeling about this game. I think the team will come ready to play knowing that if they win the game, they win the Pacific. Plus, it's at home and we lost our last game against the Sharks.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
So getting home ice for a chunk of the playoffs could be pretty important....

Special Teams (Home)
PP: 19% (12th)
PK: 83.7% (11th)

Special Teams (Road)
PP: 13.4% (26th)
PK: 79.4% (22nd)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly I don't mind starting hiller this could be a big game for him to prove himself... say hey hiller we want you to be good for the playoffs your our guy... go out there and show us what you can do.

I mean he did earn the nick name Jonas hiller the shark killer.... that's got to count for something *Shrug*

Last edited:

imbatman

Aug 27, 2010
Honestly I don't mind starting hiller this could be a big game for him to prove himself... say hey hiller we want you to be good for the playoffs your our guy... go out there and show us what you can do.

I mean he did earn the nick name Jonas hiller the shark killer.... that's got to count for something *Shrug*

he goes by hiller the playoff killer around my circle. Please no to him being our go to guy.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Fowler sitting out for the game tomorrow.

"It’s my responsibility, and the responsibility of everyone involved, that no matter the situation, until I’m 100 percent, it’s just not something that’s going to happen,†he said. “It’s too much of an important time of the season to jump in if you’re not 100 percent.â€

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hiller should start tomorrow and it should make or break whether he's the guy in net come playoff time. If he can get up for tomorrows game then hopefully he can get some confidence back and roll with it.

Ducksgo*

No way he will go Gibson tomorrow.

I'm all for Gibson starting tomorrow.

The team played exceptionally well in front of him yesterday after a few odd man rushes. But was quickly fixed come 3rd period once they got comfortable with the transition of goaltenders.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I really hope somebody other than Hiller is in net tomorrow. What has he done to deserve this start?

Ducksgo*

Hiller should start tomorrow and it should make or break whether he's the guy in net come playoff time. If he can get up for tomorrows game then hopefully he can get some confidence back and roll with it.

I just have this gut feeling Hiller is going to suck balls tomorrow. This is a make or break pacific title championship on the line. And any softies can completely ruin it

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anderson and Gibson are unproven, id rather not go into the playoffs using a relatively unproven goalie. Hiller generally plays better in big games. I think you guys have your heads in the clouds if you think anyone but hiller is in net come game 1. If game 1 goes bad then you can see a swap but the cage is hillers to lose come game 1.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
If Hiller plays like crap tomorrow, I am fine going with Andersen. I don't care if Andersen is unproven. Going into the playoffs with a goaltender who is playing like crap is a disaster waiting to happen.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Anderson and Gibson are unproven, id rather not go into the playoffs using a relatively unproven goalie. Hiller generally plays better in big games. I think you guys have your heads in the clouds if you think anyone but hiller is in net come game 1. If game 1 goes bad then you can see a swap but the cage is hillers to lose come game 1.

"let's go with the guy playing awful because he's been in the league longer"

Sounds like a BB playoff decision to me. You're probably right.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Hiller hasn't proved he can lead us deep into the playoffs. The best series he ever had was his first one when he was unproven and we had J.S. Giguere, a Conn Smyth winner and Cup champion, sitting on the bench. Being too timid to play the better goalie is the kind of weakness that will get this team bounced early.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
If Hiller plays like crap tomorrow, I am fine going with Andersen. I don't care if Andersen is unproven. Going into the playoffs with a goaltender who is playing like crap is a disaster waiting to happen.

I think that's fair, although I would play Hiller tomorrow to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I just have this gut feeling Hiller is going to suck balls tomorrow. This is a make or break pacific title championship on the line. And any softies can completely ruin it

Andersen isn't ready (apparently), and Gibson was more a function of playing a bad team than having a stellar game. And it's nt going to be ruined tomorrow - if they can't get 3 points off of LA and Colorado then the playoffs aren't going to amount to anything anyway.

The playoffs won't be amounting to anything unless the team defense gets figured out. None of the goalies on the roster are series stealing type players at this point.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
"let's go with the guy playing awful because he's been in the league longer"

Sounds like a BB playoff decision to me. You're probably right.

You realize if he plays Gibson or Anderson in game 1 and they lose, give up a few goals hed be super criticized for not starting hiller. Not really going to argue with you because you find players to hate and basically they can do no right... sbisa and hiller come to mind.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You realize if he plays Gibson or Anderson in game 1 and they lose, give up a few goals hed be super criticized for not starting hiller. Not really going to argue with you because you find players to hate and basically they can do no right... sbisa and hiller come to mind.

No, he'll be super criticized if he starts Hiller (who has played terrible down the stretch) and he gets lit up. I don't think he'll be that criticized for starting Andersen personally. I certainly wouldn't criticize him starting the goalie who has played better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaDucks*

Hiller will play tomorrow and look awesome doing so

There u have it..

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No, he'll be super criticized if he starts Hiller (who has played terrible down the stretch) and he gets lit up. I don't think he'll be that criticized for starting Andersen personally. I certainly wouldn't criticize him starting the goalie who has played better.

Well im sure your blessing will make the decision easier for him. Really doesn't matter, hiller will get game 1 unless he is injured.

He can start hiller and if hiller is bad in game 1 swap to Anderson based off hillers play.

If he starts Anderson and Anderson plays bad, chances are hillers confidence will be shot and we might as well end the series after game 1.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Well im sure your blessing will make the decision easier for him. Really doesn't matter, hiller will get game 1 unless he is injured.

He can start hiller and if hiller is bad in game 1 swap to Anderson based off hillers play.

If he starts Anderson and Anderson plays bad, chances are hillers confidence will be shot and we might as well end the series after game 1.

I'm surprised you're so sure that Hiller will get game 1 considering Andersen has been playing more often than Hiller recently (when healthy)

Agree to disagree about the rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad