Pre-Game Talk: Ducks vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
If this isn't a GDT, then what is it? Not that I care if it's early, it's a big game and were on a message board ffs

Late edit: On mobile, can't see "pre game thread" icon, disregard dumb question.

Last edited:

Ducksgo*

If this isn't a GDT, then what is it? Not that I care if it's early, it's a big game and were on a message board ffs

Pretty much. I don't see the point. And I'm mobile, I can't see what format it's posted in. So I was assuming GDT

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
For the importance of this game, I'm sure we wont have trouble making a few pages on this topic a day early.

This is probably the most important regular season game in the history of the Ducks franchise. Hopefully with Cam back in the line-up, and the way they played last night, the sleeping for a period or two is done.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
First ever Pre-Game Talk thread for us lol?

SJ is still the only team I'm worried about playing in the playoffs, getting a W tomorrow night will help ease any worries.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

This is a pre game talk thread because this is a huge game. Feel free to step up and make the GDt tomorrow

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'm happy we have a tough final 3 games going into the playoffs, especially as we've had a pretty easy schedule before that. Our playoffs essentially start tomorrow.

Much better then last year's soft schedule (IIRC we played about our last 7 or so against non playoff teams)

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
This is a pre game talk thread because this is a huge game. Feel free to step up and make the GDt tomorrow

Lol, I enjoy the pregame talk man, I wasn't saying anything derogatory about your thread. Just wasn't sure if it was a GDT or what. :dunno:

This is a big game, I'm pumped.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
First ever Pre-Game Talk thread for us lol?

SJ is still the only team I'm worried about playing in the playoffs, getting a W tomorrow night will help ease any worries.

I agree everyone talks about how the team to beat is LA, but I am more worried about playing Dallas/San Jose.

Atleast LA would help our average goaltending by being poor offensively, and its worked in the Ducks favor so far this year.

Especially while we are missing Fowler and the Defence are all jumpled up quick strike offenses are tending to capitalize.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Lol, I enjoy the pregame talk man, I wasn't saying anything derogatory about your thread. Just wasn't sure if it was a GDT or what. :dunno:

This is a big game, I'm pumped.

No worries at all I didn't take any offense to anything you said

Big game I agree. I hope Freddy and Fowler are available tomorrow

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Anybody hear any more on Freddie's status? If he still doesn't dress for Wednesday I'm going to start worrying. Wasn't this exactly how Hiller's vertigo started?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ill be there, should be a good game... I have a feeling san jose will have a good game tho... its a must win for them, so well have to weather an early storm by them. I always do enjoy when these 2 teams meet. Hopefully the twins come to play ill stick with my prediction of perry getting a hat trick.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
This is going to be a nasty match up. I expect both teams to be super chippy and to be playing super hard. This is basically a playoff game they better bring it all 3 periods.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Fowler and Andersen both out there at ducks optional skate

Sweet. A good sign at least. Yesterday's game + Fowler (hopefully) will help the D corps immensely Im thinking. Hope Freddy's head is truly alright.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
If Andersen is 100 percent, I'd roll with Andersen
I think this is how BB leans.

Hiller hasn't really shown anything to suggest he's getting out of this slump (I suspect he gets at least 1 more game however).

I'd hate to go with the cold goaltender in the playoffs at this stage, his play has just been really disheartening.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What do you guys think the D lines will be if fowler comes back? Will we limit his ice time? I thought sbisas looked pretty good as of late... and I remember the sbisa fowler pairing doing alright you think theres a chance we give that a look again(prob not this season im assuming)

Fowler + lovejoy
Lindholm + beauchmin
Robidas + Sbisa/Allen

Lovejoy hasn't looked amazing to me without fowler... but he was solid with fowler so id keep them together. Lindholm + beauch has seemed pretty solid at times, lindholm is smart/good enough skater to compliment beauchmins hard nosed style and vice versa. I love robidas grittiness, I think hes been better then advertised. Sbisas looked great as of late.... but that would leave us with a really small defense.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
What do you guys think the D lines will be if fowler comes back? Will we limit his ice time? I thought sbisas looked pretty good as of late... and I remember the sbisa fowler pairing doing alright you think theres a chance we give that a look again(prob not this season im assuming)

Fowler + lovejoy
Lindholm + beauchmin
Robidas + Sbisa/Allen

Lovejoy hasn't looked amazing to me without fowler... but he was solid with fowler so id keep them together. Lindholm + beauch has seemed pretty solid at times, lindholm is smart/good enough skater to compliment beauchmins hard nosed style and vice versa. I love robidas grittiness, I think hes been better then advertised. Sbisas looked great as of late.... but that would leave us with a really small defense.
Just switching the sides a bit:
Fowler-Lovejoy
Beauchemin-Lindholm
Allen-Robidas
Vatanen, Sbisa, Fistric

Lindholm and Beauch have worked well for a pairing, and as you said they compliment each other's games. Plus it's good to keep grit next to Hampus incase someone tries to take some liberties.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see BB swap Lindholm and Robidas during a game if required (Like he did yesterday I think). Only Fowler-Lovejoy would remain unchanged IMO.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I think this is how BB leans.

Hiller hasn't really shown anything to suggest he's getting out of this slump (I suspect he gets at least 1 more game however).

I'd hate to go with the cold goaltender in the playoffs at this stage, his play has just been really disheartening.

I can see Hiller getting the Kings

Ducksgo*

Nah I will make it. We need my luck. I have the best win to loss ratio regarding GDT postings

Stephenson2*

Gotta win this one. I'm hoping for a packed house at the Pond.

Also, so sick of NHL network saying were trying to win to avoid the Kings in the first round…were trying to win to get home ice advantage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad