GDT: Ducks vs. Hawks, 5:30 PM PST: Better Late Than Never Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
No he's really not our best. Wagner and Grant have been way better
Ok, then he's still the most experienced center on the team. I agree he's playing too much, but right now I don't disagree with his usage. If he's still getting that kind of ice time when Getz and Kes come back, then that's a different story.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
vermette is our best and most experienced center right now...
That's like saying beauchemin and bieksa are our best and most experienced defensemen

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
If they are going to offer outside of Anaheim's budget, it means they are going to be horribly overpaid and handicap those new teams. And tbh I don't buy into teams are going to be lining up to steal Grant and Wagner away from us (assuming we don't re-sign them early), as at the end of the day they weren't even NHL regulars until this season - I doubt teams are offering a decent size contract for either of them based on a hot start to this season.

Either way, I think we get them locked up way before FA.

I might buy that on Grant, I think he'd take a deal. Wagner is a completely different story. This isn't just a "hot start".

Look at what he's done since he was recalled last year, he's been one of the Ducks most consistent and noticeable players. He had a few big goals and big games in the playoffs. This year he's continued to be one the Ducks best players and that's according to Carlyle who gives out no compliments. He's now playing center in the top 6 against the other teams top lines and he's a plus player as he was a plus player in the playoffs too. His versatility and physicality will be valued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad