GDT: Ducks vs. Hawks, 5:30 PM PST: Better Late Than Never Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I literally had to look this guy up because I thought we had delved into fictional player territory. :laugh:

I saw his name mentioned by the Gulls Twitter the other day, He was pretty good for the Moncton Wildcats like 6 years ago which is why I remembered the name.

Anyhow this game sucked. I really hope Montour is ok, he's one of the few guys on this team that can create offense on their own. Ritchie had himself a good game, as did Wagner. Fowler isn't doing much out there and Vats just looks awful. Those two are really going to need to pick it up.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Pretty numb. The most disappointing thing is the waste of time. Only silver lining is if we get an elite young talent that can contribute right away next season. If not, then just a waste of a year for every one of our lives.

2017 has seriously been one of the worst of my life, haha. Can't wait for it to end.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I just got home...

M3wJ6Ii.gif

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Pretty numb. The most disappointing thing is the waste of time. Only silver lining is if we get an elite young talent that can contribute right away next season. If not, then just a waste of a year for every one of our lives.

2017 has seriously been one of the worst of my life, haha. Can't wait for it to end.
Not sure if it’s a lost season yet. This team runs through Getzlaf enough that just getting him back should have us in the mix. Just need to have so much patience that it hurts. Persevere through the forced failure and boredom and a lot may change by January.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Time to bust out the draft hashtags...

#FallinForDahlin
#SlackOffForSvechnikov
#CallItQuitsForBoqvist
#UpchuckForTkachuk
#NoBuenoForVeleno
#OutToDinnaForZadina

The way this season is going, they are going to be too far underwater by the time Getzlaf and Kesler come back to make it into the playoffs; however, they will make a surge during the second half of the season and just fall short. So, the end result will be the Ducks won't be good enough to make the playoffs, but they won't be bad enough to be a lottery team.

Reactions: SirQuacksAlot

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
I saw his name mentioned by the Gulls Twitter the other day, He was pretty good for the Moncton Wildcats like 6 years ago which is why I remembered the name.

Anyhow this game sucked. I really hope Montour is ok, he's one of the few guys on this team that can create offense on their own. Ritchie had himself a good game, as did Wagner. Fowler isn't doing much out there and Vats just looks awful. Those two are really going to need to pick it up.

I couldn't watch the game, but I saw the score. The Ducks have all of the defense back, so I can't understand why they are so bad defensively. Maybe Fowler and Vatanen aren't 100% or have some other issues coming back after injuries. I don't think Lindholm has been his old self either.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The way this season is going, they are going to be too far underwater by the time Getzlaf and Kesler come back to make it into the playoffs; however, they will make a surge during the second half of the season and just fall short. So, the end result will be the Ducks won't be good enough to make the playoffs, but they won't be bad enough to be a lottery team.
So exactly like Tampa from last season?

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I'm dealing with torn rotator cuff(s), torn labrum, bone bruise in my shoulder, and I'm a darned golf pro. Been told I won't be at full bore for a year to practice and play.....I can't imagine, even after surgery that they can be ready this quickly in a game as demanding as hockey. I'm scared we run Kesler, Getz, Fowler, Hampus and Sami into the ground trying to make a playoff push, and set them all back in their recoveries. They all need to get completely healthy Imo

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm dealing with torn rotator cuff(s), torn labrum, bone bruise in my shoulder, and I'm a darned golf pro. Been told I won't be at full bore for a year to practice and play.....I can't imagine, even after surgery that they can be ready this quickly in a game as demanding as hockey. I'm scared we run Kesler, Getz, Fowler, Hampus and Sami into the ground trying to make a playoff push, and set them all back in their recoveries. They all need to get completely healthy Imo
What the hell did you do? :laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Man that was brutal. It’s crazy how much Getzlaf and Kesler can mask our dmens weaknesses. All our blueliners were awful in this one. Lindholm after having a promising first 10 or so games has been ass lately (he has also forgotten how to play two on ones), Manson had his worst game of the year, Fowler was bad pre injury and has been even worse post injury - he’s done nothing this season and Vatanen continues to be brutal.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I couldn't watch the game, but I saw the score. The Ducks have all of the defense back, so I can't understand why they are so bad defensively. Maybe Fowler and Vatanen aren't 100% or have some other issues coming back after injuries. I don't think Lindholm has been his old self either.
Fowler, Vats and Lindholm may not be at 100%, but forwards need to play defense, too. Missing guys like Getzlaf and Kesler is huge, they are so good defensively. Not to mention they can control the puck so you don't spend 80% of the game in the D-zone.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
2 sentences what happend and why chicago scored 7 goals?

what happened to Montour?

What happened why did Chicago score 7 goals?
-Our entire defense was shit.
-Manson had arguably the worst game I've ever seen him play.
-Lindholm and Fowler were both awful. Lindholm was worse, but Fowler wasn't much better. Both sucked ass.
-Aside from the one play where Silfverberg got Seabrook to score for him; Silfverberg was awful.

Honestly no one was good tonight except maybe Perry and Ritchie. Cogs had his moments but he caused the offense to die when it touched his stick too many times for me to say he had a good game. I'd put him 3rd though.

Montour's arm got hit in a vulnerable spot. Nothing dirty. Just unlucky. Looked bad in real time though.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

Defense isn't just about the two guys that play in the back. Centers are you 3rd defenders and are vitally important to how a team transitions from the defensive zone to the offensive zone. Having Getzlaf and Kesler out is literally having two of our best defenders still out. We don't have our defense back yet.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Defense isn't just about the two guys that play in the back. Centers are you 3rd defenders and are vitally important to how a team transitions from the defensive zone to the offensive zone. Having Getzlaf and Kesler out is literally having two of our best defenders still out. We don't have our defense back yet.
I would agree with you normally but last night was atrocious from our defensemen in particular.

Reactions: Duck Off

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Man that was brutal. It’s crazy how much Getzlaf and Kesler can mask our dmens weaknesses. All our blueliners were awful in this one. Lindholm after having a promising first 10 or so games has been ass lately (he has also forgotten how to play two on ones), Manson had his worst game of the year, Fowler was bad pre injury and has been even worse post injury - he’s done nothing this season and Vatanen continues to be brutal.

I think our team looks so bad because everyone is trying to do too much. With a healthy offense back, our defense can focus on playing defense without having to also try to generate the offense. Instead of getting pinned down for minutes at a time they can get the puck to Getzlaf or Kesler who can feed the puck to Rakell/Cogliano much easier than Grant or Wagner can.

It's like at work. When a co-worker is gone and you need to help shoulder their responsibilities, you're not doing their work at 100% and your own work suffers at the same time. Just need guys to focus on their individual games and trust the other players to do the same. It won't be pretty, but I'm fine with winning games by only 1 or 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad