Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Sam Colangelo to ELC (2 years, $925k AAV)

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Doesn't sound like a guy that was supposedly getting screwed over by the Ducks.
Honestly I think they were just negotiating the terms of the ELC. The only real surprising thing is that he was willing to play in SD on a PTO while he was doing so, most players wouldn’t want to risk hurting themselves by doing that. Have to admire the confidence

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
How good do we realistically project him? I love power forwards. They can play up and down the lineup and just make us a tougher team to play against.

Reactions: Kalv

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder if he'll be used as a net front presence in the power play. Big body, power forward, goal scorer on college... be there to clean up shots by Mac/Vatrano/Gauthier (eventually)

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach

Written by some PR person. My wife used to make up quotes for people that needed to make a public statement. She even did it for me a couple of times. She would always make certain that the person for whom she was making the statement approved of the statement. But the statements were intended to convey a positive message.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
A somewhat realistic lineup next year

Killorn-Carlsson-Arvidsson
Gauthier-McTavish-Terry
Vatrano-Zegras-Colangelo
Nesterenko-Strome-physical UFA

Idk how I’d do combinations but idk that I like Vatrano with zegras, even with zegras improved defense.

I do think we prob go trade route for the rh shot forward…. Boeser, necas, kuzemnko Come to mind

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Great to have him signed. Anaheim really needs a power forward or two, someone who is willing to go to the net. Big plus that he's a RW. What to do you guys think is his point potential? Possible 20+20 type of player?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Actually #66? That's a first for Anaheim.
Mario Colangeloux

Great to have him signed. Anaheim really needs a power forward or two, someone who is willing to go to the net. Big plus that he's a RW. What to do you guys think is his point potential? Possible 20+20 type of player?
Hard to tell right now but possibly as one of the best case scenarios. Could go higher than that if he really lacks out with linemates which is possible given our lack of RW options in the pipeline.

But for now, his goal is to prove he belongs

Last edited:

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Idk how I’d do combinations but idk that I like Vatrano with zegras, even with zegras improved defense.

I do think we prob go trade route for the rh shot forward…. Boeser, necas, kuzemnko Come to mind
If Tampa doesnt resign Stamkos.. Hes probably a duck.. You got killhorn already hinting it

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Tampa doesnt resign Stamkos.. Hes probably a duck.. You got killhorn already hinting it

I’m not a huge fan of bringing Stamkos in, but maybe I’m wrong

Killorn carlsson Stamkos
Vatrano mctavish terry
Zegras gauthier colangelo
Lundy strome leason / Johnson when needed

Looks fantastic on paper

I think zegras can center 3rd line, but putting him with 2 big body shooters is a match made in heaven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad