Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Sam Colangelo to ELC (2 years, $925k AAV)

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I’m not a huge fan of bringing Stamkos in, but maybe I’m wrong

Killorn carlsson Stamkos
Vatrano mctavish terry
Zegras gauthier colangelo
Lundy strome leason / Johnson when needed

Looks fantastic on paper

I think zegras can center 3rd line, but putting him with 2 big body shooters is a match made in heaven
I agree, I think Z ends up at center. I do think colangelo probably spends the year in AHL and strome gets that rw spot. One more year leaves him at 2 years left and doesn't force Sam into the lineup. Give him a year to get used to a pro game. After the season that would leave Strome with 2 more years where we can reassess.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

Killorn carlsson Stamkos
Vatrano mctavish terry

Looks fantastic on paper

I think zegras can center 3rd line, but putting him with 2 big body shooters is a match made in heaven

Switch Zegras to C and I like this. Z on the wing experiment needs to die. It hasn't worked twice now.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Deuce22

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Switch Zegras to C and I like this. Z on the wing experiment needs to die. It hasn't worked twice now.
I don't know - before McTavish got hurt, I thought Zegras looked good on his RW. And if he plays wing, I think that makes sense for Zegras - he doesn't mind playing on his backhand, it opens him up for one-timers, and I think it allows him to see the ice better.

I have no problem with Zegras at center and have even advocated for it, but I think he looked good on McTavish's right and could succeed there.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010

Killorn carlsson Stamkos
Vatrano mctavish terry

Looks fantastic on paper

Zegras-Gauthier-Colangelo would get absolutely eaten alive at the NHL level next season.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Is there any recent history of NCAA 24 goal scorers that have made it to the NHL level? Does that type of production have any useful projection value? Or do players with those NCAA goal totals fail to make an NHL impact regularly? Does anyone know?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Is there any recent history of NCAA 24 goal scorers that have made it to the NHL level? Does that type of production have any useful projection value? Or do players with those NCAA goal totals fail to make an NHL impact regularly? Does anyone know?
It isn't really a sign of guaranteed success when it's a 4 year senior doing it.

In the last 10 years 31 upperclassmen have scored as many or more goals and none of them ended up being top 6 forwards in the NHL.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
See above quoted post for reason.

I just heard the 32-thoughts podcast and it cited the reason there at the 1:08 mark of podcast. I didn't see a source to the thought it was because of Mario aside from fellow posters. It makes much more sense now after hearing the podcast.

Ya. They talked about it on the 32 thought podcast. Apparently Canada was mad.

Like the podcast said, if the NHL didn't want anyone to wear #66, then retire the number from the NHL.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
It isn't really a sign of guaranteed success when it's a 4 year senior doing it.

In the last 10 years 31 upperclassmen have scored as many or more goals and none of them ended up being top 6 forwards in the NHL.
What about total pt production?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad