GDT: Ducks @ Sharks - 7:30 PM PT - The Optimistic Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Did I mention I'm stupid to wake up at 4:30 AM to watch this garbage? So stupid.
I'm so glad I decided to get some sleep instead. I've f***ed with my sleeping schedule enough already by watching this team struggle. Just couldn't do it anymore.

In my brain I hope we lose game 4 just as bad so that they could MAYBE fire Carlyle. But in my heart I just can't root against them.

We have yet to win a single period against the Sharks. :(

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Went to sleep after it was 5-1, now I'm disappointed I didn't stay up and watch even more carnage.

This team has disappointed in a way I didn't think was possible for them. Game 7 in 2015 was really disappointing but at least that team fought back and made it a game. This team bent right over without even looking back.

Barring an absolute miracle comeback, I hope we get annihilated again next game to force Bob to clean house with this coaching staff.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
almost glad I have a baby to take care of and missed all 3 games live. was planning on taking her to the watch party at the HC on game 4. now having serious doubts that I should.

then again I thought it was already a miracle they even made it in to the playoffs the way the team has been all year.

Reactions: Boogernaut

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I will never do this again. I bust :(
Oh, that’s exactly why we’re gonna make you do it again.

If we lose because you made the GDT, we win because it embarrasses the front office, and if we win, we win because **** the Sharks.

Perfect plan, we’ll have you do the GDT on Wednesday. :laugh:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
What is the precedent for a coach being fired in the playoffs?

As long as Carlyle is fired as soon as the final horn sounds in game 4, i'll live with it.

Montour has skated his ass off, protected our blue paint and protected his teammates, twice as much as all the "leaders" on this team has done.

Yep, and somehow he is called out (even if passive aggressively and not solely).

I honestly don't know what to say but I don't think I've ever been this furious as a Ducks fan. (and anyone who wants to chide me for supporting my hometown team as well can save it and shove it, Anaheim always has been and always will be my number 1)

Back in 2011 when we last fired Carlyle was pretty bad. Choking away the Chicago series in completely flat fashion. Game 7 exits in general, all frustrating. But at least there was some hope for next year. At least there was talent. At least the team somewhat showed they gave a ****.

This loss tonight and the series as a whole is so ****ing pathetic it's unreal. And the tough pill to swallow is there's ostensibly no window left anymore. We're stuck with the ghost of Kesler and Perry and their cap hits. Getzlaf won't be far off and he even if he isn't, he still found a way to not be a difference maker. Our ****ing GM telling us all he wasn't inspired to make any moves. Well gee, Bob, looking at how we're doing that sure makes a lot of ****ing sense. But you know who is supposed to fix problems with this roster? YOU the goddamn GM! He brings in Chimera and Kelly who have been less than useless. If it's not a problem with the roster than it's a problem with our **** for brains coach who he refuses to fire (at least until he proves me otherwise). Either way there's no excuse for self admitted unwillingness to jump at opportunities to improve the goddamn team. And as to the dinosaur behind the bench, there's no defending it anymore. Getting to the WCF was a fluke. Whatever system Carlyle thinks he's implementing isn't ****ing working. The players don't buy into it, hell they constantly look sluggish which is very much an issue with our strength and training personnel. And I just shudder at the thought of guys like Montour, Rakell, Steel, Comtois, Terry, etc. getting absolutely ruined under Randy's continued tutelage. He needs to go, and Murray should follow.

I've been following this team since I was five years old and I can't think of a single time in that 20 year span that I have been this embarrased and angry in my team. And the most frustrating part is at least past failures carried with it some hope that with just a little more, the Ducks could reach the pinnacle of success once more. What hope is left for that? Getzlaf and Gibson alone clearly can't will this team to success. I went into this season thinking our cup window was cracked open with a slight chance the Ducks could find their way through. now I can only see it as closed shut and to me, we wasted the best years of Getzlaf and Perry's career and it wasn't good enough. And the response to Boudreau not being good enough was to give the guy that almost ran our team into the ground Edmonton style another chance.

Of the men who have been affiliated with this franchise I don't think there's an individual I've come to detest quite as much as Randy Carlyle. I look forward to the day that I never have to see his face or hear his voice again.

well said

All we can hope for now is that they somehow win game 4 and sell the Samuelis some tickets before the golf season starts.

no. unless we're winning 4 in a row (lol), I hope we lose 10-0. There needs to be no doubt in people over Murray's level that a significant change, starting with the coach, needs to be made.

Let's all give kudos to me, the smartest guy in the room, for having the opportunity to watch this game and opting not to.

I applaud your decision and your willingness to stick to it. I stopped watching after period 2 and tried to go to sleep. My oldest woke me up twice in the middle of the night due to nightmares. He said it wasn't the game; we're having a father-son talk about always telling the truth tonight.

ktulu98

Nov 24, 2005
slovakia
So we know what to do right?

Get rid of:
Murray, RC, Bieksa, Boll, Chimera, Kelly, Vermette, Ritchie, Silfverberg?

To do:
Hire offensive minded coach, give space to Fowler and Montour to be good offensive Dmans, time for Kesler to heal (if not buy out), fix Perry's knees and legs, make him good 3rd line wing, bring in speed, bring Niedermayer, Selanne and Kariya into club on different positions.

Ya think i can run for GM position?

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada

Get rid of:

To do:
Hire offensive minded coach, give space to Fowler and Montour to be good offensive Dmans, time for Kesler to heal (if not buy out), fix Perry's knees and legs, make him good 3rd line wing, bring in speed, bring Niedermayer, Selanne and Kariya into club on different positions.

Hopefully new coach will hand out the C and As on merit and not grandfather it to the existing captains.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't even feel anything, that should tell how invested I've been to this team this season. When I woke up and checked the score at first I thought it was 1-0 for the Ducks and felt ok, but when I looked again and saw that the zero was actually an eight, I didn't even care.

Reactions: Doothpick
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Get rid of:

To do:

Chimera and Kelly are definitely gone. Doesn’t Beiksa and Vermette have a year left? If not they are most definitely gone.

I feel like Ritchie is the common whipping boy here, he’s still progressing fine as a power forward should be.

I guess it’s been floated around here, but I’m not so sure trading Silf would be a good thing. It would be another hole that we would eventually have to cover.

Hopefully Max Jones/Sam Steel and Terry can impress for next season.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Chimera and Kelly are definitely gone. Doesn’t Beiksa and Vermette have a year left? If not they are most definitely gone.

I feel like Ritchie is the common whipping boy here, he’s still progressing fine as a power forward should be.

I guess it’s been floated around here, but I’m not so sure trading Silf would be a good thing. It would be another hole that we would eventually have to cover.

Hopefully Max Jones/Sam Steel and Terry can impress for next season.

We'll end up signing Bieksa for a 1Y/1M contract, I think, and we'll give him the Beauchemin treatment.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
If that happens along with RC being back that's enough for me to be done watching this team until the mistakes are corrected.

I want to be a tough guy and say I won't watch game 4 but I will be here with bells on, just like the rest of you.

I'll keep watching, but it's kinda like watching a disaster unfold in real time, where you just wanna see how everything plays out.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Such a strange, strange year. Just end it I guess. I really thought they'd mount another charge.

Reactions: Yemeth

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I will say that the hysteria brought on by that blowout is pretty funny. Things aren't as bad as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad