GDT: Ducks @ Sharks - 7:30 PM PT - The Optimistic Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Angel.png

-We only want the choke job to be more devastating for the opposition -
Severely randycapped Ducks team will meet their divisional rival up in San Jose for the third game of the series. The odds are against them and the situation is grim, but evident optimism runs deeply in the hfducks board.

Expected lineups (just going by the last game):

:ducks

Rakell - Getzlaf - Kase
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Ritchie - Henrique - Perry
Chimera - Grant - Brown

Lindholm - Manson
Beauchemin - Montour
Pettersson - Bieksa

Gibson
Miller

:sharks

Kane - Pavelski - Donskoi
Hertl - Couture - Boedker
Meier - Tierney - Labanc
Sorensen - Fehr - Karlsson

Martin - Burns
Vlasic - Braun
Dillon - Demelo

Jones
Dell

My first GDT, yay!

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I still say this series ends up going 6 or 7 games but it will now take a massive effort just to get it to that point

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Randycapped. Holy smokes. Well done, sir. That’s a verb, like “too Getzlaf to look it up.” We really randycapped ourselves last game with the penalties

Reactions: Getzmonster
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Randycapped. Holy smokes. Well done, sir. That’s a verb, like “too Getzlaf to look it up.” We really randycapped ourselves last game with the penalties

As Booger mentioned already I believe it was snark who came up with it in the avatar thread. But you know... too Getzlaf to look it up.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I would say this is a must win but that was game 2. Winning this just delays the inevitable.

I do like Chimera coming in, he’s still a decent player and more useful than Vermette.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
The last victory we had by a margin of 3 or more was Game 3 (6-3) against the Oilers last year.

If you want a larger margin of victory...the last victory we had by a margin of more than 3 was Game 1 (6-1) against the Flames in 2015.

If you want a blowout against a non-Canadian team, the last victory we had by a margin of more than 3 was Game 5 (6-2) against the Stars in 2014.

We have a smattering of 3 goal victories against Chicago, LA, and Nashville. But we all know how those turned out.

God I want this team to come alive and smash them. But I don't feel it in this team.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Worst case ontario, we have played our last home game this season and out injured guys (Kes and Fowler) will be able to rest. Which actually would not be the worst thing.

Maybe Bieksa has played his last game at Honda Center. Can`t wait us to sign Luke Schenn for 4x3.5 this offseason :sarcasm:

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Well, I feel a lot better about tonight's game now that I know there's a plan...
1. Push the puck into the zone.
2. Gain much needed momentum from well executed dump in.
3. Get grind game going.

Finals, here we come. Carlyle for Jack Adams.

Reactions: Doothpick

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
"Push" = Dump and Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad