Speculation: Ducks grabbing a top 6 forward for Fowler/despres

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
4.5 million is to much? Well good luck getting that top 6 LW you're looking for then.

JVR is one of the cheaper guys at his talent level...idk what that guys thinking

There's no way anyone could think JVR is overpaid, so I'm assuming he means too expensive for the Ducks. If we can't trade Fowler for a cheaper roster forward (+), it makes more sense to keep him for the season and then move him for futures before expansion lists are submitted.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Considering that Fowler only makes $4 million it is, Most likely Murray will be seeking a player making less then Fowler like Tatar or Spooner. Once Lindholm and Rakell are resigned Murray will need to shed salary not take more on.

So you want to tell me that 500K means they would accept a worse player? I find that hard to believe....

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
So you want to tell me that 500K means they would accept a worse player? I find that hard to believe....

Tatar and Spooner make 2.75 and 950k respectively. Trading Fowler for a deal based around one of those two saves significant money, while moving him for JVR would be adding salary. That's what he was saying.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Tatar and Spooner make 2.75 and 950k respectively. Trading Fowler for a deal based around one of those two saves significant money, while moving him for JVR would be adding salary. That's what he was saying.

Again, the Ducks are a contender...i don't believe if they were offered either:

A: JVR

or

B: Tatar or Spooner

in a deal for Fowler that the money would be the driving factor. They have a need for a 1LW, JVR at 4.5 fits that need like a glove. If Murray turned down JVR to save a few bucks....then Ducks fans should be pissed.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

or

in a deal for Fowler that the money would be the driving factor. They have a need for a 1LW, JVR at 4.5 fits that need like a glove. If Murray turned down JVR to save a few bucks....then Ducks fans should be pissed.

Some Ducks fans don't like JVR that much and know he is gone in two years the same can't be said for Tatar or Spooner. Neither will make as much as JVR will on next contracts.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

or

Take a look at the team's financial situation, that's our reality. Also we wouldn't move Fowler straight up for either of those two, they would be adding significantly. For instance, there are many Bruins fans willing to give up Spooner and their top prospect Senyshyn.

So if it's -

Option A - Fowler for JVR
or
B - Fowler for Spooner & Senyshyn

One of those deals costs us 500k we don't have, and the other saves over $3M. Pretty easy to see which one a budget team will go for.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Some Ducks fans don't like JVR that much and know he is gone in two years the same can't be said for Tatar or Spooner. Neither will make as much as JVR will on next contracts.

This i can respect i guess, i just find it weird that as a fan of a team that is actually good, you'd settle for lesser players due to money. When JVR comes up for resigning, you make it work. Trade Stoner...buy out Bieksa...just make it work.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Take a look at the team's financial situation, that's our reality. Also we wouldn't move Fowler straight up for either of those two, they would be adding significantly. For instance, there are many Bruins fans willing to give up Spooner and their top prospect Senyshyn.

So if it's -

Option A - Fowler for JVR
or
B - Fowler for Spooner & Senyshyn

One of those deals costs us 500k we don't have, and the other saves over $3M. Pretty easy to see which one a budget team will go for.

Again, that's why i'd be pissed as a Ducks fan....you have a team that can win "now". If you deal Fowler for lesser talented players just to save money, that's just wrong. The Ducks with JVR are a better team than the Ducks with Spooner+a maybe.

But again, i understand where you are coming from.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Again, that's why i'd be pissed as a Ducks fan....you have a team that can win "now". If you deal Fowler for lesser talented players just to save money, that's just wrong. The Ducks with JVR are a better team than the Ducks with Spooner+a maybe.

You seem to be forgetting that Lindholm and Rakell are part of that calculation. JVR doesn't help with that.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Oh believe me, it's not something any of us are thrilled about. Last year's team finished I believe $5M below the cap, that's basically another star player we could have had to help us over the hump. We are due to benefit financially from the expansion and we can hope that money will be pumped into our player salary budget, but that's not something we can really bank on at the moment.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You seem to be forgetting that Lindholm and Rakell are part of that calculation. JVR doesn't help with that.

According to General Fanger, the Ducks have over 9.25 million in cap right now. Lindholm is 22 coming off his ELC. So you have a couple of options, 2 year bridge...or give him a Rielly type deal (5.5). I doubt Rakell gets huge money.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
$9.25m with only 19 players on the roster is not that much.

Lindholm is better than Reilly so they're looking at $6m just for him.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
According to General Fanger, the Ducks have over 9.25 million in cap right now. Lindholm is 22 coming off his ELC. So you have a couple of options, 2 year bridge...or give him a Rielly type deal (5.5). I doubt Rakell gets huge money.

We're not a cap team.

mytduxfan*

$9.25m with only 19 players on the roster is not that much.

Lindholm is better than Reilly so they're looking at $6m just for him.

Or we bridge him for much less and pay full rate in 2 years time once Stoner and Bieksa are off the books.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

And you realize that Anaheim has a internal budget here set by Ownership, Both Lindholm and Rakell combined will eat the rest of that cap easily. Anaheim's budget this past season was only $65 million not sure what it will be this year. But any ways they're already pretty much at their budget most likely and still have Lindholm and Rakell to resign yet.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Are they close to a cap team? IS there a max they go?

Yeah there's a max salary, but according to the owners it's going to be a little higher than normal, but no word as to how high. Salary paid is actually the most important part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad