Speculation: Ducks grabbing a top 6 forward for Fowler/despres

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Clearly as everyone knows, ducks have to many good young dmen, and could use a top 6 forward( preferably a cheap entry level one) since those are hard to come by, I can see a scenario of us trading Fowler( more than despres at this point due to his play last season) for a top 6 forward and that team retaining a significant amount of salary to push the deal through , bottom line is, we have to be able to not only trade fowler or despres but take back basically nothing in salary, BM is very very good, he will make this happen, just a matter of who's out there and available ( this player will be a 2 way player) BM doesn't bring in anyone anymore ( other than bottom guys) who can't play both ways.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Which one ? Kind of a difference between the two IMO.

each make around the same, so to the ducks I don't think it much matters ( although fowler is significantly better than despres( at least post concussion despres

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Odds are that's going to be a very valuable 1st.

I wouldn't shoot it down just yet.

Teams at the bottom will get better eventually. With Hall their forward group is immensely improved. Then add a top 4 RH PMD like Vats and that defense is pretty damn good. I wouldn't trade Vats for a pick that MIGHT be high next season. For a team still trying to be competitive, moving Vats for Camm and mystery pick is a terrible move.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Jt Miller and a second for Fowler. Seems very equal in value. Rangers get their defencemen, ducks get their top six forward to play with getzlaf.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Teams at the bottom will get better eventually. With Hall their forward group is immensely improved. Then add a top 4 RH PMD like Vats and that defense is pretty damn good. I wouldn't trade Vats for a pick that MIGHT be high next season. For a team still trying to be competitive, moving Vats for Camm and mystery pick is a terrible move.

Of course. Vatanen just re-signed anyway.

And I'd be absolutely shocked to see anyone pay anything for Despres at this point. The Ducks have some maneuvering to do with the contracts that they've doled out and I can't see any GM with half a brain helping them out with them.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Well that obviously wont happen

Zacha+1st for Vatanen?

Thats a lot for NJ to give up. The 1st could be a top 10 pick. Maybe protect the first or change it to a 2nd or 3rd imo and it's close.

Although the Ducks are in win now mode so Zacha does'nt really fit even though the value s there. they are looking for a top six winger this season, not in the future.

Group Chat Legend*

Thats a lot for NJ to give up. The 1st could be a top 10 pick. Maybe protect the first or change it to a 2nd or 3rd imo and it's close.

Although the Ducks are in win now mode so Zacha does'nt really fit even though the value s there. they are looking for a top six winger this season, not in the future.

While it is only a guess, Zacha with the Anaheim duo could work well

Group Chat Legend*

The Rangers more or less need RHD like hometown boy Kevin Shattenkirk not LHD like Fowler.

Shattenkirk was born in CT (dont know if you were meaning NYC hometown)

And yeah might be too much for Vatanen. How about a 2nd for Despres?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad