Post-Game Talk: Duck Hunting

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Us Accountants have to work during f***ing Audit season so I couldn't watch this. Nice to see Rico score again and McDavid take the lead.

With Kulak out, I wonder if we see Broberg (if it's a week to week injury).

Since it is literally 2 weeks until the season is over, I wonder if we rest Kulak
Don't you have till the end of April?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wow only 4 pages? People must be at Easter dinners

Ducks are ass..oilers took care of business against a bad team
Tough week ahead
Double-whammy for me.

Easter weekend and my boy is 14 today. Most 14 year olds just want to piss around with their buddies but him…he wants to go to McDonald’s tomorrow to apply for a job, so pretty happy for him to want to start doing that at 14.

Can’t get him to lift a finger around home here though :laugh:.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
crazy how much it felt like being at a preseason game where the home dresses their lineup, while not so much for the visitors. The only difference, the home side isn’t rusty.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Most important: It's not a fair fight. McDavid basically spotted them a 10 game head start in a year where he's shot 4% below his career & still caught them with an eighth of the season to go.

After years of proof that he can outclass anyone, including those two, offensively.
MacKinnon also gets way more PP’s than McDavid gets

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The Ducks just really aren't that good of a team right now. That said we took care of business and didn't just let them hang around all game and piss away 2 points because of laziness vs. them earning the 2 points by working their tail feathers off.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
lol

1711864418519.png

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nice to see Henrique looking good in a top 6 W role. Should have put him there from the start.

It appears the lines are starting to be solidified for the playoffs. Henrique seems to be a much better fit for Draisaitl while Kane and Perry with McLoed at C is looking very effective. Huge test these last 10 games.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
They're terrible, Oilers should not feel good about that win
well they did pound them and hit post a few times. Oilers looked like Harlem Globetrotters a few times in game. What didnt u like about Oilers?

It appears the lines are starting to be solidified for the playoffs. Henrique seems to be a much better fit for Draisaitl while Kane and Perry with McLoed at C is looking very effective. Huge test these last 10 games.
Maybe its another good trade at deadline by Holland? Last week, some on here wanted Henrique gone. I think he is a pretty useful hockey player and plays various roles

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Missed the third (my boy’s 14th birthday today) so way to blow out a terrible team.
thats more important. It goes to quick . Mine is graduating this year and going to college in fall . Felt like yesterday I was taking her into Grade primary. That was a rough day on both of us

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
So yesterday was a career-high in TOI for Vinny. Yes it was a blowout, but I feel like I barely noticed him all night (in a good way).

But beyond it just being the Ducks, I think a lot is due to him staying purely in the defensive role he's strong in. He wasn't called upon to try and push the puck up ice and was allowed to just "hang back." (even if he did end up with two assists)

And why yes, this is a Stecher post. But yeah, the two of them made for a nice yin/yang, and the coaches could keep both of them in situations that played to their strengths.

I also feel like Stecher disrupted a lot of the "targetted" dump-ins, where teams know to chip the puck into the defensive RW corner vs. the Oil and exploit their lack of speed on that side. But he just raced back, cleanly beat the forechecker to the puck, and moved it out of harm's way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad