Rumor: DUCHENE THREAD: Garrioch: Sens "aggressively" pursuing Duchene

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
The Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, Los Angeles Kings, Nashville Predators and Columbus Blue Jackets are all believed to have reached out over the past few days, according to Dreger

I feel the Kings are one of the few teams we havent really talked about. Any Kings fans want to throw out a hypothetical offer?

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I can understand fans of teams with bright young D not wanting to part with them for a guy who's gonna be UFA in 2 years and no certainty whatsoever of whether he would be open to re-signing or not..I get that...Chabot's a tough ask, Carlo's a tough ask, even victor Mete looks really, really solid. But the people throwing duchene under the bus...pleeeease stop...Ive been watching this guy over and over again and you cant deny his skill set..he's elite...he's represented team canada at all levels for a reason...he scored 30 goals, he's put up 70 points, and then he got wrapped up in a very difficult situation. I mean for the love of christ, look at this:

To be honest as a hab fan I know we dont have the D prospect to get this done...i just couldn't part with mete after seeing what he's done so far and he's not valued enough anyway but what I would consider offering and I know some habs fans are gonna want me shot, but....Alex galchenyuk...Yes, he's about 3 years younger, but we need a centre, and badly, and duchene is a centre. I know another forward isn't what colorado was hoping for but it just doesnt look like they're gonna get the package they want and man, alex galchenyuk is not a bad consolation prize AT ALL...its a tough decision to make but i really think its one bergevin has to consider....are we gonna get tavares? probably not,,but if we had duchene i think it would make it that more enticing for him to play here...and if not, oh well at least we got a guy who know for sure can play the centre position...he skates like the absolute wind and I just feel he's a better fit on our team than chucky...obviously drouin jersey owners would be pissed cause he instantly hops into # 27 the second chuck's gone :laugh: What do you think avs/habs fans? seem fair considering everything?

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
To be honest as a hab fan I know we dont have the D prospect to get this done...i just couldn't part with mete after seeing what he's done so far and he's not valued enough anyway but what I would consider offering and I know some habs fans are gonna want me shot, but....Alex galchenyuk...Yes, he's about 3 years younger, but we need a centre, and badly, and duchene is a centre. I know another forward isn't what colorado was hoping for but it just doesnt look like they're gonna get the package they want and man, alex galchenyuk is not a bad consolation prize AT ALL...its a tough decision to make but i really think its one bergevin has to consider....are we gonna get tavares? probably not,,but if we had duchene i think it would make it that more enticing for him to play here...and if not, oh well at least we got a guy who know for sure can play the centre position...he skates like the absolute wind and I just feel he's a better fit on our team than chucky...obviously drouin jersey owners would be pissed cause he instantly hops into # 27 the second chuck's gone :laugh: What do you think avs/habs fans? seem fair considering everything?

NO we dont need a center in return. We have enough centers even without Duchene.. we need a LHD or winger. Yall just resigned him to a 3 year deal.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
NO we dont need a center in return. We have enough centers even without Duchene.. we need a LHD or winger. Yall just resigned him to a 3 year deal.

Chucky is not a centre lol thats why i Proposed the trade...he can play right or left wing and he it is so obvious he is much more comfortable there...mackinnon-chucky would be pretty good...i dunno man maybe there has to be more to the deal, but essentially a duchene for galahenyuk swap seems like a not so crazy idea because duchene absolutely needs to get out of colorado and my gut tells me galchenyuk is going to be feeling kind of the same soon

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
I can understand fans of teams with bright young D not wanting to part with them for a guy who's gonna be UFA in 2 years and no certainty whatsoever of whether he would be open to re-signing or not..I get that...Chabot's a tough ask, Carlo's a tough ask, even victor Mete looks really, really solid. But the people throwing duchene under the bus...pleeeease stop...Ive been watching this guy over and over again and you cant deny his skill set..he's elite...he's represented team canada at all levels for a reason...he scored 30 goals, he's put up 70 points, and then he got wrapped up in a very difficult situation. I mean for the love of christ, look at this:

hey man, thanks.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

I'd see if they'd be willing to add, say maybe a first? Again not ideal for us, but I wouldn't write anything off.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'd see if they'd be willing to add, say maybe a first? Again not ideal for us, but I wouldn't write anything off.

yeah and i mean didn't necessarily mean galchenyuk straight up for duchene...id probably be comfortable with something like that. i think its pretty good value for both teams...i mean duchene is crying to get out lol you can see it, and i really think chucky is going to be feeling that way soon as well...he's talented as hell but he just seems frustrated time and time again and he was definitely mismanaged a fresh start for both could be huge.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Been trying to figure out what Buffalo could offer. The only thing I came up with is Kane+ and even that I have my questions about. Maybe Kane, Bogosian and Nylander?

Who was the other team playing?

No one is taking Zach Bogosian and Evander Kane is a UFA after this year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wonder if Sakic switches from going after the best young NHL LHD he can get and instead just goes after max value for Duchene with prospects. I think you can move Duchene pretty easily to Carolina for a package starting with Jake Bean or Hayden Fleury, but Bean and Fleury really aren't young proven NHL LHD that Sakic seems to be shooting for.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I wonder if Sakic switches from going after the best young NHL LHD he can get and instead just goes after max value for Duchene with prospects. I think you can move Duchene pretty easily to Carolina for a package starting with Jake Bean or Hayden Fleury, but Bean and Fleury really aren't young proven NHL LHD that Sakic seems to be shooting for.
After tonight Colorado is gonna require both a first pairing defender. And your top defensive prospect and 3 #1's

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

Ruh oh...

HOLY ****, MTL ALSO FOLLOWED TAVARES!!!1!

608700fa4cc68fb9b1655fadf3db3c50.png

:shakehead

See how easy it is to Photoshop? Clam down everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad