Rumor: DUCHENE THREAD: Garrioch: Sens "aggressively" pursuing Duchene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He waited this long and didn't trade him so to make him budge here, it's gonna take exactly all that what ottawa is afraid to lose right now

You don't think Duchene looking like the human embodiment of depression and sadness might influence things just a bit?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He waited this long and didn't trade him so to make him budge here, it's gonna take exactly all that what ottawa is afraid to lose right now

Ceci is a real solid young defensemen who Boucher and Dorion like. Trust me they are afraid to give him up especially when we don't have a replacement

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i'd imagine turris would be traded (he'd be pissed about it and he doesn't have a nmc or ntc) along with a 2018 1st, claesson and something else

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
My guess is that COL would be asking Ceci+White+1st, while OTT might be offering something like Claesson+White+1st.

I don't know what aggressively could mean is this scenario other than Dorion is sticking around hoping that Sakic panics. If we weren't willing to meet their price at the deadline, and aren't willing to move Ceci, what exactly has changed to make a Duchene deal plausible?

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
A package around Ceci makes the most sense.

I love'd Duchene's game two years ago, but he seems to have regressed quite a bit since then.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Don't see how they get anything done without starting with Thomas Chabot. There's just nothing else there defensively in the prospect pool or on the roster that seems like a big enough piece.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
i'd imagine turris would be traded (he'd be pissed about it and he doesn't have a nmc or ntc) along with a 2018 1st, claesson and something else
Why would they trade Turris + a 1st for a lateral move?

and why would the Avs even want Turris?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
would colorado be intersted in macarthur? he failed his physical so he'd be placed on the ltir.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Turris only makes sense if OTT and him both realize Ottawa cannot pay him what he wants, and COL both likes Turris and is willing to pay him what he wants.

It would basically be a get out of jail free card for Sakic. He'd get a slightly inferior older forward and maybe a few other pieces, get to put all this behind him, and can pretend he didn't compromise his ask.

I can't see it happening, because far too many things would have to occur for it to be plausible. That, and it doesn't help Ottawa right now who after White got hurt probably need to add another NHL forward to strengthen their depth going into the season. The Sens will have 3-4 NHL forwards on the shelf going into opening night depending on Dzingel's status.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Don't see how they get anything done without starting with Thomas Chabot. There's just nothing else there defensively in the prospect pool or on the roster that seems like a big enough piece.

Not sure why the Sens would be so desperate. The new building will help with ticket sales, not the big name.

Chabot is way too special of a prospect to let go of.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh my god, Ottawa, trade god damned Ceci, you'll be better without him.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
would colorado be intersted in macarthur? he failed his physical so he'd be placed on the ltir.

They wouldn't be interested in him, but if everybody is on the same page that he is technically retired and only a contract number at this point ala Pronger it wouldn't surprise me to see Ottawa move MacArthur as part of a bigger trade in order to equalize salary at one point.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Duchene is a few months away from being 27 years old. It's very likely that his best years are behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad