Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
A Johansen/Duchene combo would be filthy. I was very jealous when Nashville got Johansen, and will be again if they get Duchene.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Nashville is trying to assemble an All-Star team.. just to get into the playoffs ;)

Last edited:

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Doesn't moving Ekholm leave a big hole?

We've been playing with at least one D hurt most of the season, and some of the guys have shown they can step up. Really depends on how confident Poile is in Irwin and Bitetto, or one of our prospects for next season.

I think chemistry is the bigger factor, can you continue making these big moves, when they've taken this long to recover from the Weber deal.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I'm not sure if the Avs would want Fabbro as the main piece coming back, and I'm skeptical as to whether the Preds would/should move Ekholm given their organizational depth on the left side (especially with Josi suffering yet another concussion).

FYI caley the following was covered in Insider Trading:
- Nashville has checked in on availability of Duchene but nothing has advanced past that (does Poile really want to shake up the roster again?)
- Sakic is wanting to be patient with trades, and may prefer to wait until the offseason when more teams will have flexibility
- St. Louis and Arizona are both looking for center help - perhaps they could be fits for Duchene in the offseason
- Tampa is trying to make a trade for a defenseman, regardless of whether they are going for the playoffs or not, looking for a long term option (perhaps Shattenkirk or someone from Anaheim)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I have a feeling that a lot of teams are offering their second pairing LHD and Sakic isn't getting what he wants.

Like I feel like the Isles are offering a package around Calvin de Haan, Nashville around Ekholm, MTL around Beauliu, CLB around Murray etc.

I think in the end it will come down to the secondary pieces that make the difference and who the Avalanche front office like the most.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
How is this news? I'm sure every other GM has done their job and inquired about Duchene.

Can Nashville even afford to move another one of their defensemen for a center at this point with Josi concussed?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I have a feeling that a lot of teams are offering their second pairing LHD and Sakic isn't getting what he wants.

Like I feel like the Isles are offering a package around Calvin de Haan, Nashville around Ekholm, MTL around Beauliu, CLB around Murray etc.

I think in the end it will come down to the secondary pieces that make the difference and who the Avalanche front office like the most.

If we get Duchene for a package starting with Beaulieu instead of Sergachev i'll be doing back flips.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Imagine the trade happens and it ends up being for Beaulieu + 1st + Scherbak :naughty:

Who knows, Bergevin is a stingy ******* ;)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
fiala/saros, fabbro, and a 1st. It destroys the preds prospect depth, but lets them get an amazing piece and keep ellis, ekholm and the rest of the dcore. I don't know if the avalanche are looking for young players and a package or are looking for a roster player like ekholm/ellis

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
I would imagine that Fabbro would be one piece, Re unite Jost and Fabbro from there Jr A days.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
If we get Duchene for a package starting with Beaulieu instead of Sergachev i'll be doing back flips.

I don't really know either of them well, just was trying to create a scenario involving teams I saw that have 'inquired'.

All the same, I really don't see the Johansen-Jones swap nor the Hall-Larsson swap.

I think it's a three/four piece package a la O'reilly. Shame Zadorov hasn't been a bigger help to the Avalanche but that doesn't mean you nix deals of that like, look at the Bobby Ryan trade that has ended up better for the Ducks.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Considering Duchene is locked in for 2 seasons after this one, at a decent cap hit for what he brings, it seems in Bergevin's best interest to do what it takes to get him. Sergachev ++ sign me up.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
poile has gone from incredibly gunshy to guns a blazing over the past year

i mean he makes sense, nashville needs a top-6 c pretty badly. i dont see what theyd give up tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad