Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
If it happens will be something like...

TO MTL: Duchene + "something"

TO COL: Plekanec, Beaulieu, (one of) Juulsen/McCarron/Scherbak, 1st

Sergachev is a deal-breaker and will not being going to Colorado.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
They really don't.

And stop with the 60 point ********.

The NHL is different than it was when you were young.

Over multiple seasons (not just guys having one good season):

60+ points is a pretty good season for any 1st liner right now....

70+ is superstar level production

PPG and above is elite level.

And noone is trading 70+-PPG guys in this league. So Duchene is as good as it probably gets for the trade market when it comes to players on good contracts with multiple years left on their contracts......

To be fair, Leafs fans constantly hear that 60 points isn't good when it comes to JVR but now its a new NHL when it comes to Duchene?
Which way should we play this moving forward?

(Fwi, I'm aware that Duchene>JVR but my point about 60 pts and being top line is valid)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
To be fair, Leafs fans constantly hear that 60 points isn't good when it comes to JVR but now its a new NHL when it comes to Duchene?
Which way should we play this moving forward?

(Fwi, I'm aware that Duchene>JVR but my point about 60 pts and being top line is valid)

I though the argument was JVR has only hit 60 points once, 3 years ago?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Why is he a deal breaker? We are talking about Duchene here.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Then guess who won't be going to Montreal.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If the Avs get offered this for a 60 point C they take it and run.

A 1st, Sergachev, a meh prospect and a cap dump? Right :laugh: Along with giving up which will probably end up being a very high 2nd in a very good draft. No chance in hell we would touch this deal.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

For that offer, Duchene is a deal breaker as well.

moneyline

Mar 21, 2016
I think that colorado should trade duchene to cbj for karlsson+murray+korpisalo/2017 1st.. Or something similar.. Makes a lot more sence than anything that Montreal will or wants to offer.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

Kinda hoping Duchene gets traded for Sergachev now.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I honestly figure that's the likeliest outcome. Duchene is a nice boost for Montreal, but it seems unlikely that Montreal trade Sergachev now and even less likely in the offseason.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

That's not a good offer and if Sergachev is a deal breaker then consider the deal broken from a Avs standpoint.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal

We hear that every single time a big name is moved and every single time it's for a package of lesser pieces none of them being the other teams best prospect or one of their top players.

I'm not saying Sergachev won't be moved if the deal happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if either outcome happened.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
We hear that every single time a big name is moved and every single time it's for a package of lesser pieces none of them being the other teams best prospect or one of their top players.

I'm not saying Sergachev won't be moved if the deal happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if either outcome happened.

Yeah, all we Avs fans were told from well before the trade deadline until the draft from Sabres fans was that there was zero chance Murray would ever move Zadorov for O'Reilly. it was always going to be Pysyk instead of Zadorov. Then we saw how that went down. And now we've heard from multiple insiders that the asking price on Duchene is extremely high, and that Sakic wants defense. I doubt he'll somehow decide to cave and accept Juulsen. The Avs were high on Sergachev at the draft, I am very confident that will be the ask. Montreal fans want their cake, and they want to get to eat it too. Acquire a top line 26 year old who is signed with zero character issues, keep coveted top prospect, trade away a couple of B prospects and a late 1st. I say that is dreamland.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

The problem with your logic is that Sergachev is already that lesser piece/package deal.

Avs fans don't expect an equal return and that is why they are settling for a futures
package.

The "hfboards standard ask" would be Galchenyuk.

But we are used to losing our players by now unfortunately.

The same exact discussion took place with ROR (where the Avs were in a way worse negotiation position) when Sabres fans insisted that ROR is overrated and that no one would give up a young stud like Zadorov + for him.

There were hundreds of posts that told us that the best we could hope for is Mark Pysyk++ or Grigorenko++.

Basically the exact same things were said that MTL fans are saying in here.

Duchene will fetch Sergachev++ if he gets traded to Montreal. If not, Sakic might as well resign right now because he would have completely lost it. No other deal makes even the slightest bit of sense for the Avs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad