TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Lightning wont trade him to us. But one of the pnly french canadien available with skills. That'd be great for Molson.

Plus he is in the age group of our core.

Honestly it's not true that teams from the same division don't trade together.

TB is not Boston or Toronto.

We will need to make TEH best offer to make it happens but if TB continue to be a 500 team and MB makes an offer Yzerman really like and Yzerman wants to trade Drouin then i don't see why it could not happen.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If it were up to this fanbase you guys would rather have Simmonds over Drouin which is laughable, yes warriors are nice but skill is also important. Was Gretzky a Gallagher-esque warrior? You need a little bit of everything on a team.

I don't want to sound like an ass, but that's as close to a Godwin Point as they come.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Comparing the greatest player ever to a guy that can't even make it on a NHL team. Quite the statement.

And yeah, I'd much rather have Simmonds, who's a 3 time 28 goal scorer than Drouin, who's a suspect that will never pan out in the NHL. Who was the last player to play like him to succeed in the NHL ? Semin for three seasons ?

Drouin is a much, much better player than Simmonds is or ever will be. Don't let stats sheets fool you.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Honestly it's not true that teams from the same division don't trade together.

TB is not Boston or Toronto.

We will need to make TEH best offer to make it happens but if TB continue to be a 500 team and MB makes an offer Yzerman really like and Yzerman wants to trade Drouin then i don't see why it could not happen.

Cool example, considering the big trades since 2006 that happened between those two clubs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not me, I take Drouin 10/10 over Simmonds. I'm not sure Wayne is even a top 6 forward. He's at best a 2nd liner.

How many 3rd liners scored 110 goals in the last 321 games ? AKA 27 goals on average over four seasons ? Simmonds isn't a first liner, but we already have Gallagher, and he's by all means a first liner.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What do you think about the Quebec born need for the franchise? When i talk to my boss, he's a "pure laine" quebecer, played QMJHL, love the habs to death. When early in the season i spoke to him about trading DD with his value being really high, he answered no because he's the only Quebecer in the lineup.

Unfortuanately we follow a team that needs to build a winning team with other pieces than just the best players to fit the lineup. Just like having a coach that must speak French... If we can grab a player that fits a huge need, should we not try to find out more?
I'd love to have a Quebec superstar in the lineup. And maybe this guy could fit the bill. I just haven't seen him prove himself yet and it worries me that we'd invest in a project right when we're going for a cup. Five years ago? Sure, I'd be all over this kind of trade. But now? Maybe if they included Stamkos.

Seriously though, what's going on in Tampa? They looked like maybe the team to beat in the East coming into the season and now what? Are they going to want to make a run this season or what? What kind of assets would they be looking for?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Comparing the greatest player ever to a guy that can't even make it on a NHL team. Quite the statement.

And yeah, I'd much rather have Simmonds, who's a 3 time 28 goal scorer than Drouin, who's a suspect that will never pan out in the NHL. Who was the last player to play like him to succeed in the NHL ? Semin for three seasons ?

I think anyone would take Simmonds or Drouin for the right price. If TB asks for the moon they can get lost...

i'd pay 2x the price of Simmonds to get Drouin. i've been following this kid ever since he's been 16, he'll be a legit 1st line winger and he's a solid defensive player aswell.. he's a stud.

if you want to offer 3 1st's for a player then you make that offer for a player like Drouin, not Wayne freaking Simmonds.

McCarron + Scherbak/Juulsen + 1st for Drouin, i'd do that in a heartbeat. that's how good he is.

At an even price i'd take Drouin 10/10 over JVR, Simmonds etc.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Drouin is a much, much better player than Simmonds is or ever will be. Don't let stats sheets fool you.

I've seen nothing from Drouin that makes me believe this statement. Drouin is a prospect at this point, nothing more, nothing less.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
1st round pick+ Juulsen + Scherbak for Drouin + 3rd and 5th round pick

Terrible trade for Montreal. Drouin has not looked good at all in the NHL yet. He has upside for sure but he appears to be a player who will not live up to his draft year hype. He is not worth three major buikding blocks.....

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Considering our depth on the left W isn't that good long-term, i would consider him big time.
We must have some local players, right? (I hate that fact but that's the reality)

But i wouldn't go crazy on the price tag though.
Still don't think we are great trade partners.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
How many 3rd liners scored 110 goals in the last 321 games ? AKA 27 goals on average over four seasons ? Simmonds isn't a first liner, but we already have Gallagher, and he's by all means a first liner.

Look who he's playing with. Those guys tend to bring the play of others up, that's why they make 8+ a year.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It's not the "proven playoff performer" that I'm worried about... he's not NHL player proven yet.

And we're going to have this guy come and develop under Therrien? Sorry, but I'm not keen on giving up the farm for him.

He has the best even strength P/60 on the Lightning. He's definitely NHL proven. He's an elite skill set and can contribute now. Obviously you don't sell the farm, but you absolutely have to be willing to give up something of value for him.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Simmonds is 27. Drouin is 20. Everything must be factored in when putting a price tag on each player.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'd love to have a Quebec superstar in the lineup. And maybe this guy could fit the bill. I just haven't seen him prove himself yet and it worries me that we'd invest in a project right when we're going for a cup. Five years ago? Sure, I'd be all over this kind of trade. But now? Maybe if they included Stamkos.

Seriously though, what's going on in Tampa? They looked like maybe the team to beat in the East coming into the season and now what? Are they going to want to make a run this season or what? What kind of assets would they be looking for?
If he proved himself, he wouldn't be asking for a trade.

We have to buy low on him and bite the bullet if it doesn't work. I'd be all in at this point. We have no one that brings his skill set. Not even on the radar. This is it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Drouin will not play on any team playing the way he played in the NHL. Drouin has much more talent is what you really meant, and sure Simmonds is not a top liner, but he is a big body that works hard and chips in goals.

Drouin at this point produces nothing but turn overs. You know how everyone ***** and moan at DD ? Well, Drouin is even worse than he is.

i'd pay 2x the price of Simmonds to get Drouin. i've been following this kid ever since he's been 16, he'll be a legit 1st line winger and he's a solid defensive player aswell.. he's a stud.

if you want to offer 3 1st's for a player then you make that offer for a player like Drouin, not Wayne freaking Simmonds.

I've been following this kid since he's been 16 too and it was always clear he relied on his skill way too much. It has never worked for anyone in this league. You need to work, and he never showed me he could work. Since his WJC debacle two years ago, he's done nothing to improve. He needs to do some introspection to realize he's not going to get anywhere on skill alone.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Drouin could be a star in Montreal like Kovalev was. Both are magicians with the puck both are prima donna with great talent.

Drouin could be a star or a bust but it's a gamble Bergevin should made.

Simmonds, JVR or Drouin witch one would you take for a package of 1st round pick+ Juulsen + De la Rose or Scherbak ?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Simmonds offensive skillset starts and ends with parking himself in front of the net on the powerplay. Beyond that, you're looking at at a Dale Weise with lesser skating.

I've seen nothing from Drouin that makes me believe this statement. Drouin is a prospect at this point, nothing more, nothing less.

That sounds about right. The issue here seems like most people haven't seen much from Drouin. You think Galchenyuk hasn't been put in a position to produce, well Drouin has been put in a similar position, times ten. He has a better P/60 at 5 on 5 than Galchenyuk while being used mostly as a 4th line grinder. He hardly gets over 10 minutes of ice time per game on average.

Make no mistake. Drouin is a player of similar caliber as Galchenyuk. Probably even more offensively gifted. If we can obtain him without conceding any core players, it's a home run.

Davebo*

How do we know that Drouin is on the list of players that MB likes?

Why assume he's something the Habs need - what is all this 'wanting' based on - his skill? Or something else???

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Drouin could be a star in Montreal like Kovalev was. Both are magicians with the puck both are prima donna with great talent.

Simmonds, JVR or Drouin witch one would you take for a package of 1st round pick+ Juulsen + De la Rose or Scherbak ?

I'd take Van Riemsdyk, Simmonds or Drouin in that order

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Drouin will be a star, there's no if's about it. If that's all it takes to get Drouin and MB doesn't pull the trigger then he should resign.

You take Drouin over JVR and Simmonds, don't look at the stats sheet. With a player like Drouin you have to do your due diligence and actually watch him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille