TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Not really a guy we need right now. We're trying to win it this season and next. Now if they included Stamkos as a rental with him...

What do you think about the Quebec born need for the franchise? When i talk to my boss, he's a "pure laine" quebecer, played QMJHL, love the habs to death. When early in the season i spoke to him about trading DD with his value being really high, he answered no because he's the only Quebecer in the lineup.

Unfortuanately we follow a team that needs to build a winning team with other pieces than just the best players to fit the lineup. Just like having a coach that must speak French... If we can grab a player that fits a huge need, should we not try to find out more?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Great talent but he has proven squat at the NHL level and making trade demands at 20 is laughable. Spoiled brat needs to earn his way. If he was ready TB would play him.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Pretty sure I read that MB inquired about Drouin with TB back in November, so this may be old news as far GMs go. I think it was one of the french press guys I follow on twitter. They usually report on the Quebec guys around the league and elsewhere.

That would be a hard trade for TB to make, especially with the potential of Stamkos leaving and Drouin under performing by quite a bit.

Not sure Drouin would benefit by being in Montreal anyway. It sounds like the kid already has a high opinion of himself that would just increase 10 fold with the Habs.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Yes. He's my dream winger for this team. Magic hands and magic offensive flair. We don't have a player like him and he becomes a sensation here.

I need this guy.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
I can understand going for him with a long term plan but if we're in win it now mode we should look at more proven players. I haven't seen Drouin though so I can't really have a strong opinion on this one way or another.

Almost every available players are not proven playoffs performers or the Habs would not be able to re-sign them. If you can add Drouin without giving Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Subban, Price or McCarron you do it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Drouin is worst than Semin at this point in his career, and he's pretty much only a spoiled brat that relied on talent all his career.

You don't win cups with whiners, and we have way too much of that on our team. Do not inquire about Drouin. I know it sounds cliché's but I'd take another warrior like Gally over any type of Drouin player in the league.

We're tracking well, no need to go for Drouin.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Imagine if Tampa traded Drouin to MTL, and then Stamkos left in the off-season and signed in Toronto? lol, they'd be asking for new divisions once expansion hit.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Scherbak and a 2nd....maybe a 1st instead if pushed, but no more.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

but but but, he has a bad attitude. At least that's what someone who has something to lose said rather than this player that has no bearing on anything that happens.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Stamkos may be on the move, Drouin not happy, MSL saga...what is happening in Tampa?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If he truly doesn't want to play there anymore they'll have to settle for less than what he's worth though. When a player ask for a trade his team is not in the best position to negotiate.

The team is the one with all the power, because they control his rights until he's 27. They can send him to the AHL, they can suspend him, they can sit him, they can not trade him.

He's not waiver eligible and TB obviously doesn't need him in the line-up otherwise they'd play him.

Yzerman got maximum value for St. Louis. There's zero reason for him to give up on Drouin.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He's a classic case of an undervalued young player with significant upside. Storing production in limited minutes like Chucky. Bergevin should be exploring any all trade opportunities for him, French Canadian or not.

Obviously you don't give up everything and either present or projected core players, but everything else is on the table.

Don't know how Therrien would work with him, but he is exactly what Montreal needs, both now and the future.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

but but but, he has a bad attitude. At least that's what someone who has something to lose said rather than this player that has no bearing on anything that happens.

Like any other deal, for the right price I'd take Drouin. He's young. He has upside. Our offense has sucked in the last month.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Drouin is worst than Semin at this point in his career, and he's pretty much only a spoiled brat that relied on talent all his career.

You don't win cups with whiners, and we have way too much of that on our team. Do not inquire about Drouin. I know it sounds cliché's but I'd take another warrior like Gally over any type of Drouin player in the league.

We're tracking well, no need to go for Drouin.

If it were up to this fanbase you guys would rather have Simmonds over Drouin which is laughable, yes warriors are nice but skill is also important. Was Gretzky a Gallagher-esque warrior? You need a little bit of everything on a team.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Also we have a crying need for a bona fide Top-6 winger that can be ready in the short to medium term.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If it were up to this fanbase you guys would rather have Simmonds over Drouin which is laughable, yes warriors are nice but skill is also important. Was Gretzky a Gallagher-esque warrior? You need a little bit of everything on a team.

Not me, I take Drouin 10/10 over Simmonds. I'm not sure Wayne is even a top 6 forward. He's at best a 2nd liner.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Maybe they could be interested in Andrighetto, with his connection to Kucherov dating back to their junior days. I don't know what value Ghetto holds around the league, but personally I'm very high on him, but I don't know if he'll ever get his chance with Therrien. As far as I'm concerned, he's already our 2nd most gifted/best RW on the team behind Gallagher.

Could add a guy like Scherbak or Juulsen, whoever they prefer.

Maybe top it off with our 1st rounder. Ghetto could essentialy jump in right away and fill a spot on their top 6 or the spot Drouin would otherwise be used in. Gives them good futures as well.

It's hard to gauge the value of a player that publicly requested a trade, even moreso someone within the division. I wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman dismissed our proposals on that basis.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Almost every available players are not proven playoffs performers or the Habs would not be able to re-sign them. If you can add Drouin without giving Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Subban, Price or McCarron you do it.
It's not the "proven playoff performer" that I'm worried about... he's not NHL player proven yet.

And we're going to have this guy come and develop under Therrien? Sorry, but I'm not keen on giving up the farm for him.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

I think anyone would take Simmonds or Drouin for the right price. If TB asks for the moon they can get lost...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Comparing the greatest player ever to a guy that can't even make it on a NHL team. Quite the statement.

And yeah, I'd much rather have Simmonds, who's a 3 time 28 goal scorer than Drouin, who's a suspect that will never pan out in the NHL. Who was the last player to play like him to succeed in the NHL ? Semin for three seasons ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille