TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Lightning wont trade him to us. But one of the pnly french canadien available with skills. That'd be great for Molson.

Plus he is in the age group of our core.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Make it happen MB! Convince Yzerman he needs grinders to win the cup, we have lots of those to spare!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
empty the cupboard for him, no more excuses MB. hes an ultra talented player still on his ELC, players like that arent available everyday (pi en plus yest Quebecois..).

hed be the perfect winger for Chucky because hes a playmaker and Chucky is more of a sniper.

lets see how hungry MB really is.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Lightning wont trade him to us. But one of the pnly french canadien available with skills. That'd be great for Molson.

Plus he is in the age group of our core.

We should be all over this, but I think the only way this is going to happen is if Molson steps in and pulls some strings.

Like others have said, MB and MT don't care for skill players nor do they know how to deploy them. I doubt Drouin is on MB's radar, especially with rumors about attitude issues..

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Absolutely we need a top 6 forward for Galchenyuk; could become another Seguin situation. Where he needs ice time playing his natural position to blossom.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Should try it on playstation first. And then you add the Eastern Conference mode, and it's virtually impossible. Sorry.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
We should be all over this, but I think the only way this is going to happen is if Molson steps in and pulls some strings.

Like others have said, MB and MT don't care for skill players nor do they know how to deploy them. I doubt Drouin is on MB's radar, especially with rumors about attitude issues..

Asking for a trade at 20 and after only one season in the NHL. It should just raise a flag.

I'd take him though. This is Tyler Seguin all over again.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Not gonna happen.

TB is going to want an equal return, or even more than he's worth. Something along the lines of Beaulieu, 1st, and maybe even more.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Not gonna happen.

TB is going to want an equal return, or even more than he's worth. Something along the lines of Beaulieu, 1st, and maybe even more.

Would that really be the return? He is under performing 20 year old. Never really showed much in the NHL. He asked for a trade already in his career. This screams Latendresse for Pouillot.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Not gonna happen.

They might feel pressure now that this news is out. At the same time with the uncertainty around stamkos they are probably not interested in trading young talent right now. Should be interesting .

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
If he truly doesn't want to play there anymore they'll have to settle for less than what he's worth though. When a player ask for a trade his team is not in the best position to negotiate.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Not gonna happen.

That's not how it works when the player asks for a trade and it's public. Damage control now, you either move him quick or move him in the off-season. But you're taking the best offer, and they aren't going to blow your socks off, GMs are wolves.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not really a guy we need right now. We're trying to win it this season and next. Now if they included Stamkos as a rental with him...

Xss

Jul 9, 2009
It's nice and all to say that Bergevin should do everything to get him but I seriously doubt that tampa would be willing to trade him inside the division.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Not really a guy we need right now. We're trying to win it this season and next. Now if they included Stamkos as a rental with him...

He's exactly what this team needs, a legitimate offensive threat on Galchenyuk's wing. And if you're not comfortable with a young player on his wing, you move Pacioretty there and put Drouin with Plekanec and Gallagher.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Carr/Andrighetto
Drouin-Plekanec-Gallagher

Yes please.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's exactly what this team needs, a legitimate offensive threat on Galchenyuk's wing. And if you're not comfortable with a young player on his wing, you move Pacioretty there and put Drouin with Plekanec and Gallagher.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Carr/Andrighetto
Drouin-Plekanec-Gallagher

Yes please.
He's an unproven small 20 year old. Highly skilled but still a question mark.

I can understand going for him with a long term plan but if we're in win it now mode we should look at more proven players. I haven't seen Drouin though so I can't really have a strong opinion on this one way or another.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

He absolutely is. We have 0 1st line potential prospects right now. This team lacks high end firepower. Up front we're a cute team with a lot of good players, but not a lot of great players. Drouin can become that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->