Injury Report: Drew Doughty

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Also, this:

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 28m
Doughty still with the team. Did not see a doctor in Vancouver this morning. Team is guardedly optimistic that the injury is not long term.

Huh? So the team is just hoping it isn't a long term injury and he isn't seeing a doctor but Sutter might play him anyway in a meaningless game? What is this some kind of Obamacare thing?

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Huh? So the team is just hoping it isn't a long term injury and he isn't seeing a doctor but Sutter might play him anyway in a meaningless game? What is this some kind of Obamacare thing?

Teams have doctors on staff.

maybe a bad bruise or a pulled muscle. wouldn't be surprised to see him scratched tomorrow.

dogyekcoh*

Teams have doctors on staff.

maybe a bad bruise or a pulled muscle. wouldn't be surprised to see him scratched tomorrow.

You are probably right. It might just be a deep "Fat Tissue" bruised that Doughty is suffering after that hit.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I must have missed out on something, but why are there so many "Doughty is fat" posts lately? Hell we had a thread last week.

Ron*

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Doughty is a healthy...er, injury scratch tonight.

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
Good thing Doughty didn't hurt his updock.

DF1.jpg

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Doughty (upper-body) practiced with the Kings this morning.

Doughty missed Saturday's game with an upper-body injury, but could be back in the lineup on Wednesday. He is listed as day-to-day, and he could be held out on Wednesday to rest prior to the post-season.

Jon Rosen
April 7, 2014, 1:55 p.m.
http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/news/

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
If he's not back for Anaheim, then I worry. I can't see Doughty wanting to take off that much time and I can't see DS not wanting to get Doughty at least one game in before the playoffs start.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
If he's not back for Anaheim, then I worry. I can't see Doughty wanting to take off that much time and I can't see DS not wanting to get Doughty at least one game in before the playoffs start.

Its a meaningless game for the Kings, its not like he has been out for a month..
Don't see him getting that rusty that he needs a tune up game.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Its a meaningless game for the Kings, its not like he has been out for a month..
Don't see him getting that rusty that he needs a tune up game.

I'm sure he and the coaching staff would like to know how his injury takes a few body checks before the playoffs

Ron*

His moves in the Coyotes game on April 2 were just unbelievable. Talk about a guy just priming himself for the playoffs...

...I don't care if he plays against Anaheim or not. I think two weeks rest is just what the doctor ordered.

SaskRinkRat

Apr 1, 2010
So, Kings fans, what's the story with Doughty and his injury? Can I take him in my playoff draft tonight or what?

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
So, Kings fans, what's the story with Doughty and his injury? Can I take him in my playoff draft tonight or what?

We know that he is currently dealing with an inju.

Yes, management has gotten so vague that they won't even finish the word for us. Quite frankly, we have been told nothing.

(but yes, draft him, we all suspect despite lack of tangible evidence that he will miss few to no playoff games)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

he will play but if he will be an effective point producer is yet to be seen. I would only take him with a later pick if it's a draft style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad