Injury Report: Drew Doughty

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I think Sutter would rather they play and stay in rhythm for the post season. Last thing we need is a bunch of out of practice guys getting ready for game 1 on the road.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I would absolutely bench Doughty for the remainder of the season. And I wouldn't care if it upset anyone.

However, I wouldn't bench Kopitar, Gaborik, Carter, Quick, or any of the other big names. I would however cut their ice time down. Especially against a ****ing circus like the Canucks.

If he isn't injured I wouldn't, sure rest him against the casucks but thats it. We want him in game shape, not trying to catch up in the playoffs.

I vaguely remember a few years ago, the Allblacks (rugby) used a bit of a squad rotation, resting policy building up to the world cup. Lots of guys got injured because they weren't in "game shape".

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
Rosen just tweeted @lakingsinsider: When asked if Doughty's injury was serious, Sutter replied "No."

@lakingsinsider: "He might play tomorrow." Sutter, on Doughty.

Ron*

Rosen just tweeted @lakingsinsider: When asked if Doughty's injury was serious, Sutter replied "No."

@lakingsinsider: "He might play tomorrow." Sutter, on Doughty.

Also, this:

Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 28m
Doughty still with the team. Did not see a doctor in Vancouver this morning. Team is guardedly optimistic that the injury is not long term.

Ron*

So he's banged up.

The good news is Sutter is saying he MIGHT play tomorrow.

So, in other words, he is telling the Kings' world don't worry. But I still would hold him out, because he is indeed "banged up." :)

Give him a rest.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
DD should sit as a precautionary measure. All teams do it in most every sport and the NHL isn't nor should it be any different.

The troll in NYC knows what he can do with his likes and dislikes. DD and anyone else that the team feels needs to sit so that they can be healthy for the playoffs which is what this entire damned thing is all about.

Ron*

DD should sit as a precautionary measure. All teams do it in most every sport and the NHL isn't nor should it be any different.

The troll in NYC knows what he can do with his likes and dislikes. DD and anyone else that the team feels needs to sit so that they can be healthy for the playoffs which is what this entire damned thing is all about.

I don't get the reference. Who are you talking about? Thanks.

Ron*

Wait a minute. Bettman? :laugh: troll, gotta love it. Maybe smurf.

I like the guy. But joking about his height is fun.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
The impact on the hit didn't look too hard to F anything up seriously. You want Doughty to be in shape and up to speed come playoffs. A few days off (game or 2) won't hurt.

That and with the loss to the Sharks there is no way for the Kings to move up in the standing and with the Cryotes 11 points behind there isn't much chance of loosing the 3 spot in the Pacific. Games from here on out are just pride/moral victories/getting up to speed for the playoffs.

dogyekcoh*

So he's banged up.

Yeah, I remembered Greene was banged up and it took him a month to get back. When he got back, he was/is playing like crap, then I wish he was still banged up so we don't have to see his horrid performances. With the way A. Martinez is playing now, Greene will be our new Drewiski of 2014.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What a great picture to accompany the article. The ultimate troll face.

476668925-e1396651251887.jpg

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Yeah, I remembered Greene was banged up and it took him a month to get back. When he got back, he was/is playing like crap, then I wish he was still banged up so we don't have to see his horrid performances. With the way A. Martinez is playing now, Greene will be our new Drewiski of 2014.

King was banged up too and he hasn't come back. We'll see.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I don't get the reference. Who are you talking about? Thanks.

I was referring to Gary the Troll our completely out of touch with the game leader (according to most of the NHL people I have spoken with about it).

He is a troll (not the internet type but the lives under a bridge kind).

The fact that he is short is merely a convenient coincidence.

KingKopitar11*

I'd say he can play the Vancouver game, but he won't to be fresh and ready for the playoffs.

Lol.... The sharks go out looking for blood... And injure players... And the only injury that resulted from the game was our own player causing it lolol

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
I'd say he can play the Vancouver game, but he won't to be fresh and ready for the playoffs.

Lol.... The sharks go out looking for blood... And injure players... And the only injury that resulted from the game was our own player causing it lolol

The only problem I have with Doughty going with the team to Vancouver is that he hates that team so much, he might say he's fine just so he can play.

The Sharks only outhit the Kings because the Sharks were the ones chasing all night. The Kings play the Sharks in the 1st round and the Sharks are golfing in 5 games, 6 at most.

KingKopitar11*

The only problem I have with Doughty going with the team to Vancouver is that he hates that team so much, he might say he's fine just so he can play.

The Sharks only outhit the Kings because the Sharks were the ones chasing all night. The Kings play the Sharks in the 1st round and the Sharks are golfing in 5 games, 6 at most.

I say 5.

Considering how hard the sharks were trying to send a message, the kings still out played them, even though the kings didn't even look like they cared about the game.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Anybody else read Voynov's comments in his voice? I did. Knowing what he sounds like with accent and all. He should do TV interviews more. Heard he speaks perfect Engish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad