Injury Report: Drew Doughty

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I wouldn't pick Doughty in the regular season.

Playoffs or Olympics? Yes please.

He had his worse playoff run of his career last year. Including being a no show against the Hawks...He was healthy

I would caution fantasy hockey people

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
He had his worse playoff run of his career last year. Including being a no show against the Hawks...He was healthy

I would caution fantasy hockey people

No, he wasn't healthy. He injured his ankle against the Sharks.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but at least get the facts straight.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
No, he wasn't healthy. He injured his ankle against the Sharks.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but at least get the facts straight.

So that excuses his no show cause he twisted an ankle in game (four) I think against SJ....

I think not.

18 games Five points....Terrible(just two goals).

Drew is not special he was dog shi$%t last year in the playoff's just like Kopitar.

By playoff standards, (since everyone is banged up) Drew was healthy. There is no excuse for his awful playoff run last year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The question would be is last season an aberration or the norm

Last season's playoffs were the outlier

I would bank on Doughty producing at rates similar to pre-2012 especially with health. Better than most other D-men.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The question would be is last season an aberration or the norm

Last season's playoffs were the outlier

I would bank on Doughty producing at rates similar to pre-2012 especially with health. Better than most other D-men.

Just like this season for Dustin Brown.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
So that excuses his no show cause he twisted an ankle in game (four) I think against SJ....

I think not.

18 games Five points....Terrible(just two goals).

Drew is not special he was dog shi$%t last year in the playoff's just like Kopitar.

By playoff standards, (since everyone is banged up) Drew was healthy. There is no excuse for his awful playoff run last year.

So… let's pick the post-season when he was, as you admit, injured as the example of why Drew sucks.

Not the playoffs where he scored 16 pts in 20 games. Or the Olympic tournament where he was one of the best defensemen on the gold medal winning team when he was 20 years old. Or the other Olympic tournament when he led the gold medal team in points.

Got it.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
So… let's pick the post-season when he was, as you admit, injured as the example of why Drew sucks.

Not the playoffs where he scored 16 pts in 20 games. Or the Olympic tournament where he was one of the best defensemen on the gold medal winning team when he was 20 years old. Or the other Olympic tournament when he led the gold medal team in points.

Got it.

Ancient History for fantasy hockey people.

Drew hasn't scored over 40 points in regular season since 09-10.

They guy is not Yandle or Keith.

I love Drew just as much as any King fan, But the guy is not an offensive catalyst like some of you make him out too be.

He was the best defensive player in the playoff's in 2012. That was 2012. Not now.

Drew is generational talent, that picks and chooses when he plays hard.

He is in my top Five for Best Defender in the NHL, but not anywhere near Keith for all around Defender.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I love Drew just as much as any King fan, But the guy is not an offensive catalyst like some of you make him out too be.

He was the best defensive player in the playoff's in 2012. That was 2012. Not now.

Since we're talking for fantasy purposes, I sure wouldn't take him in the regular season until I see otherwise, but it would be foolish to ignore him simply based on last year's performance when his other performances were solid.

Talking about the 2012 playoffs as if it's ancient history is a little weird since we've only had one playoffs in between, so not sure what you're trying to say there.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Since we're talking for fantasy purposes, I sure wouldn't take him in the regular season until I see otherwise, but it would be foolish to ignore him simply based on last year's performance when his other performances were solid.

Talking about the 2012 playoffs as if it's ancient history is a little weird since we've only had one playoffs in between, so not sure what you're trying to say there.

It's an opinion.

I am spoiled cause I get too watch a lot of Keith, He makes Drew look terrible on Offense.

it's frustrating too, cause Drew has better tools than Keith(Drew is a hockey savant), But Keith knows what a wrist shot is.

I would say about 60% of Keith's assists; are him just putting a simple wrist shot on goal, that gets banged home by a Hawk.

Keith has also had some poor playoff performances, but I would feel more confident about Keith producing.

For fantasy hockey purposes.

Last edited:

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010

Drew is generational talent, that picks and chooses when he plays hard.

He is in my top Five for Best Defender in the NHL, but not anywhere near Keith for all around Defender.

Out of curiosity, how many D-men in the playoffs would you take over DD?

Fantasy D-men allstars like Subban, Erikson, Yandle, Weber are all out. Let's be real, Drew's in the top 2-3 D-men left, if not #1 depending on how you rate them. To tell someone not to draft DD is asinine.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Out of curiosity, how many D-men in the playoffs would you take over DD?

Fantasy D-men allstars like Subban, Erikson, Yandle, Weber are all out. Let's be real, Drew's in the top 2-3 D-men left, if not #1 depending on how you rate them. To tell someone not to draft DD is asinine.

Not this year, maybe when Mcnabb or Gravel are ready.

Drew is going too be spending the majority of his shifts defending.

He really needs a partner like Scuds too take pressure off him.

Then I would expect a good point producing run from Drew.

Till that happens, I see Drew not putting points on the board in the playoff's.

He also needs too learn what a wrist shot is.

I think last year is what we are going too get from Drew.

He still has too cover for a partner, and he is legit injured.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You know who might be a steal in Fantasy Hockey this playoff run, depends on how much he costs in your league.

Ryan McDonagh, I could see him putting up lot of points if the Rangers go deep.

Subban is going too be a popular pick.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
pokemondouh.gif

Ron*

@reallisa: Little suspense at Kings HQ - as in almost none. No goalie controversy, Doughty ready to go. All signs looking good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad