Dressing Sheep in Wolves Clothing (Mod Warning page 35)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
It is interesting that Tampa and Yzerman realized they were not physical enough against Washington and made an immediate move to correct it.

It was obvious that the Caps manhandled them --so they are making moves to adjust to that, just as it was obvious that the Lightning manhandled us........ *IF* Sweeney does nothing to address it, I will lose confidence in him. As it stands, I hope it was eye-opening for him and have no doubts he will make some moves.

Also, there is no chance that Cam will let him have a team that gets run out of a playoff series again.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I believe Brandon Manning is a UFA, he would be a nice left side depth D. Up front all of the names have been mentioned that would work, hopefully Sweeney opts to add one or two.

It is interesting that Tampa and Yzerman realized they were not physical enough against Washington and made an immediate move to correct it.
So Andreoff replaces Kunitz a UFA

I had a Manchester mini pack for years basically to watch Providence come in and I thought Andreoff was basically a stiff.

I inherited him when I took over a SIM team and I think I even waived him but I got rid of him

I personally thought he was as useless as teets on a bull

Tampa is going to have to figure out with what to do with Yanni Goude who ends up a UFA after this season at age 28

He’s making $575,000

He could be cashing in and not sure how Tampa affords the hit

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
OMG Yzerman has acquired the vaunted Andy Andreoff. How will Don Sweeney counteract this massive acquisition by a division rival? The Bruins will have no chance of getting past the Lightning now that Andreoff has been acquired.
He’s hockey garbage

If he’s playing advantage Bruins

Jordan Nolan and Trevor Lewis and Jordan Weal brought an element to the LA bottom line and impressed me with the Monarchs- Andreoff not at all.

Reactions: BruinDust

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Then why would the beloved Yzerman acquire Andreoff? I agree with Dan, Nolan and Lewis are much better players and would love Jordan Nolan here but I always here how great Tampa is with their speed and skill yet they added a fourth line banger like Andreoff in response to being pushed around by Washington. Just find it interesting and am curious to see how Sweeney responses to getting manhandled by Tampa

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
So Andreoff replaces Kunitz a UFA

I had a Manchester mini pack for years basically to watch Providence come in and I thought Andreoff was basically a stiff.

I inherited him when I took over a SIM team and I think I even waived him but I got rid of him

I personally thought he was as useless as teets on a bull

Tampa is going to have to figure out with what to do with Yanni Goude who ends up a UFA after this season at age 28

He’s making $575,000

He could be cashing in and not sure how Tampa affords the hit
wouldn't Sweeney love to get Gourde?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
OMG Yzerman has acquired the vaunted Andy Andreoff. How will Don Sweeney counteract this massive acquisition by a division rival? The Bruins will have no chance of getting past the Lightning now that Andreoff has been acquired.

He’s hockey garbage

If he’s playing advantage Bruins

Jordan Nolan and Trevor Lewis and Jordan Weal brought an element to the LA bottom line and impressed me with the Monarchs- Andreoff not at all.

Again, not the be all end all, but TB identified they were manhandled physically vs Washington and made a depth trade (12th-14th forward) to address some of it. We couldn't even skate our 6 million dollar tough right winger vs them more than 11 minutes a night after game 2 because he couldn't keep up and watched TB's 4th line led by Paquette of all people run over the team, especially the two midgets on LD.

As for BD, the Bruins getting past the Lightning now, what would even make you think they would? We will see what improvements they make, but that series was a complete TKO.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
One individual can spark a culture change to a degree. Two like Lucic and Thornton in 2007 can change a teams entire identity.

Scorers score, that's where Point comes in. Bangers have to bang and create possession and some whistles...and chip in scoring wise here and there.

Perhaps they just ran into a team much more experienced in those type of playoff series then they were. It was a hard lesson to learn but I think if these teams meet again next season the Bruins will be better off for having taken their licks this time around.

I’ve been in favor of adding a bigger body to the forward core but I don’t think it needs to be a 4th liner to provide that spark (Lucic was more of a spark in that sense than Thornton IMO) A guy like Wayne Simmonds would be a good fit or just someone who can play in the top-9 and bang around a little.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Perhaps they just ran into a team much more experienced in those type of playoff series then they were. It was a hard lesson to learn but I think if these teams meet again next season the Bruins will be better off for having taken their licks this time around.

I’ve been in favor of adding a bigger body to the forward core but I don’t think it needs to be a 4th liner to provide that spark (Lucic was more of a spark in that sense than Thornton IMO) A guy like Wayne Simmonds would be a good fit or just someone who can play in the top-9 and bang around a little.

I think what we are or have been seeing for years now is that those big bodies who can skate, play, contribute in areas other than dropping the gloves are fewer and further between. Not saying they aren`t out there but not an easy style of player to find.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It was obvious that the Caps manhandled them --so they are making moves to adjust to that, just as it was obvious that the Lightning manhandled us........ *IF* Sweeney does nothing to address it, I will lose confidence in him. As it stands, I hope it was eye-opening for him and have no doubts he will make some moves.

Also, there is no chance that Cam will let him have a team that gets run out of a playoff series again.

Yeah it's funny how a Bruins board perceived "crap line" of Kunitz-Paquette-Callahan ran all over them. Our 4th line was non existent. They will definitely address it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I agree, but it still comes down to a talent and hunger issue, and we lacked both against them big time. Even play-off series losses are very beneficial to the young guys, so I would expect a much closer series this time around if they were to meet up.

Reactions: DrJustice

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah it's funny how a Bruins board perceived "crap line" of Kunitz-Paquette-Callahan ran all over them. Our 4th line was non existent. They will definitely address it.

what or who do you think they`ll pursue to help address Lou? I`m not challenging your stance, asking as I`m not sure who is out there that is available that might be a target who could add another element to the 4th line

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
what or who do you think they`ll pursue to help address Lou? I`m not challenging your stance, asking as I`m not sure who is out there that is available that might be a target who could add another element to the 4th line

Internally Blidh would help the banging. Signing a Chris Wagner would help. JT Brown, Derek Grant, Nolan, Stewart, Bouma, McKenzie... all should be cheap 12th-14th forwards...You certainly don't want to overreact and sign a Maroon to bigger money, but there are players out there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Internally Blidh would help the banging. Signing a Chris Wagner would help. JT Brown, Derek Grant, Nolan, Stewart, Bouma, McKenzie... all should be cheap 12th-14th forwards...You certainly don't want to overreact and sign a Maroon to bigger money, but there are players out there.

thx, some names that could help improve the 4th although I must admit, completely unfamiliar with Wagner

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Blidh for Schaller would be a good start.

Then decide what Acciari brings (1 assist? ) and should he stick around.

Kuraly is terrific.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I would ink Wagner if not crazy and go Blidh-Kuraly-Wagner. Noel is my 13th forward. 14th forward I look to Nolan/Bouma/Wingels maybe. Let the young skill guys develop in the A. I would maybe try to make a deal for Johnny Hayden w Chicago even.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Kuraly as the center. I've made it clear that i'm all in on Wagner. I would take Grant and McKenzie as well. Nolan and Bouma would be fine as 13th forwards. Meh on Brown. No to Stewart. Really the only guy here I'd be against.

Reactions: LouJersey

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Curtis McKenzie is having a terrific playoff for Texas, I would like to see him get a chance here as 4th line lw. Big, physical and a good scorer in the minors and has also produced a bit when called up, would be a cheap fix.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Curtis McKenzie is having a terrific playoff for Texas, I would like to see him get a chance here as 4th line lw. Big, physical and a good scorer in the minors and has also produced a bit when called up, would be a cheap fix.

He looked on track for a fairly regular role in Dallas the year prior, barely seen any time there this year under Hitchcock.

As a UFA he'd be worth taking a flyer on.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I would ink Wagner if not crazy and go Blidh-Kuraly-Wagner. Noel is my 13th forward. 14th forward I look to Nolan/Bouma/Wingels maybe. Let the young skill guys develop in the A. I would maybe try to make a deal for Johnny Hayden w Chicago even.

I'd really hope they can find a better all-around player than Anton Blidh for the 4th line, even if that player is a banger.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Again, not the be all end all, but TB identified they were manhandled physically vs Washington and made a depth trade (12th-14th forward) to address some of it. We couldn't even skate our 6 million dollar tough right winger vs them more than 11 minutes a night after game 2 because he couldn't keep up and watched TB's 4th line led by Paquette of all people run over the team, especially the two midgets on LD.

As for BD, the Bruins getting past the Lightning now, what would even make you think they would? We will see what improvements they make, but that series was a complete TKO.

Honestly I didn't get to see much of it past Game 2 with a bunch of prior commitments, so I really shouldn't comment on the TB series.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I'd really hope they can find a better all-around player than Anton Blidh for the 4th line, even if that player is a banger.

I agree. Blidh just doesn’t do it for me. I really don’t care if any of the 4th line leaves the team. Except Kuraly. He has a spot for sure on my team.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Kuraly is terrific.

Saw Blidh only in the few call ups and didn`t see anything I didn`t like but I also didn`t see anything jump out at me that said he could provide more than anyone who was on that 4th line. Now, to be fair, kid is young but I wouldn`t slide him in there assuming he`d bring what TS brought, a guy who played valuable PK minutes, and who contributed 22 pts along the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad