Dreger: Dreger: DeAngelo Trade could happen Between 24/48 Hours (MOD WARNING IN OP) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
If ADA plays this season, its because he got loaned to a team in europe. Nobody in the NHL wants him unless NYR takes on Lucic's contract or something terrible like that.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
It’s the NHL where a 4th liner for a 7th round pick takes weeks to hammer out the details. This deal was never going to be completed quickly

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
What are Seattle’s possible options from NYR? Are there viable options beyond @NotTony?

outside of that I can’t see any team talking on that guy. Seattle or KHL

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Wait what happened to DeAngelo?? Last I heard he "finally" broke out with 53 pts in (check notes) 68 games, and now he's waived and worthless???

That's beyond weird, multiple players with half the talent have had bad reputations/bad incidents around them and were still wanted on other teams.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Wait what happened to DeAngelo?? Last I heard he "finally" broke out with 53 pts in (check notes) 68 games, and now he's waived and worthless???

That's beyond weird, multiple players with half the talent have had bad reputations/bad incidents around them and were still wanted on other teams.

He's had a colorful history off the ice and has caused problems on every team he's ever been on.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Darren Dreger has a well-earned reputation of being a stooge for player agents who use him all the time to push the narratives they want.

I have very little doubt that his "rumour" was based on DeAngelo's agent telling him that in a vain effort to try to create some kind of interest in his client.

Dreger is a joke.

The same Dreger who was used as a mouthpiece by Marner's camp during his contract negotiations, said the Leafs would have traded Nylander if they signed Vesey back in 2016, and said that Kapanen and Sandin wouldn't be enough for Georgiev last season prior to Toronto acquiring Campbell.

He sucks.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019

Kind of like that point production doesn't matter when you're a defensive liability who has an extensive history of being an asshole.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
whoever gets him should get pumped about it and stop thinking negatively:

I don't get a lot of opportunities to stand up for my principles, I would like to take such opportunities when they come.

It's a small personal victory and I can get over a team and still enjoy the nhl; I haven't been able to watch games in forever anyhow, I live in Europe now

Reactions: Mumbo and Torgo

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I think the "trade" that couldve happened was just GM's seeing if NYR would bite on taking their garbage long term contracts. That won't happen as NYR have a ton of flexibility and options if they don't find a trade.

I suspect he'll sit at home for the rest of the year and then get bought out. Then a team will sign him in the offseason once all of the stuff around him has cooled off.
I think leaving him at home is the worst that could happen:laugh:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don't get a lot of opportunities to stand up for my principles, I would like to take such opportunities when they come.

It's a small personal victory and I can get over a team and still enjoy the nhl; I haven't been able to watch games in forever anyhow, I live in Europe now

Tough way to live.

I know much worse people than some hockey player acting like a jerk.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
I can't see the Flames going after him after the Peters fiasco. On the other hand, Treliving likes to do idiotic things so who the hell knows...it wouldn't shock me to see the Flames get DeAngelo.

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
24/48 hours = hurry up and click on the clickbait already, revenues are down.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Ofcourse the Flames are in on him lol. Him and Bill Peter's would have hit it off

I'd actually hate to cheer for a team who routinely brings in the se type of scumbags
Well the Flames haven't traded for him and they fired Peters as soon as his past came to light. Oh wait, Oiler fan, shocking opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad