Dreger: Dreger: DeAngelo Trade could happen Between 24/48 Hours (MOD WARNING IN OP) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Darren Dreger has a well-earned reputation of being a stooge for player agents who use him all the time to push the narratives they want.

I have very little doubt that his "rumour" was based on DeAngelo's agent telling him that in a vain effort to try to create some kind of interest in his client.

Dreger is a joke.
Basically. Bob M said just some teams probing, nobody close to hot pursuit (at the time last night)

Eric Francis or some dude with a check said Bennet trade isn’t happening for DeAngelo.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Basically. Bob M said just some teams probing, nobody close to hot pursuit (at the time last night)

Eric Francis or some dude with a check said Bennet trade isn’t happening for DeAngelo.

Yeah this is what I expected. No one is seriously interested in him, so I think the most likely outcome is DeAngelo gets buried and then gets bought out.

No one is going to be seriously interested in him due to his baggage.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He also just (rightly) dumped a coach for things that happened in his past. It would look terrible.

There’s also the fact that Dean Molberg spoke to someone who would know, and was told the Flames would not be trading for DeAngelo. Teams don’t always tell the truth, but for them to go after DeAngelo makes no sense.
Like I said, given Tree's record anything is possible - regardless of how ill advised it is.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'm surprised you don't hear more traction. He's got some issues, but you can get a high octane offensive PP QB for pennies on the dollar.

Worst case scenario, his buyout is easy due to his age. I guess he can be a jerk, but it seemed like he got along well with most of his teammates. I'm sure there are plenty of jerks around. It's not like he killed someone driving drunk or sexually assaulted someone.

A 3rd liner or a 3rd pairing defenseman would be fair value at this point. Maybe someone whose a bit - not wildly - overpaid.

Reactions: themelkman

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I'm surprised you don't hear more traction. He's got some issues, but you can get a high octane offensive PP QB for pennies on the dollar.

Worst case scenario, his buyout is easy due to his age. I guess he can be a jerk, but it seemed like he got along well with most of his teammates. I'm sure there are plenty of jerks around. It's not like he killed someone driving drunk or sexually assaulted someone.

A 3rd liner or a 3rd pairing defenseman would be fair value at this point. Maybe someone whose a bit - not wildly - overpaid.
Likely this whole ordeal sends a message to him to shut up and put up. I see him doing well on his new team

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Gordon was quoted saying the Rangers won’t retain or take a bad contact back. Not sure what you’re reading.

Not sure how they plan to trade him then, although some GMs never cease to surprise me.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Likely this whole ordeal sends a message to him to shut up and put up. I see him doing well on his new team

I think his head became huge when he signed that contract. I think he's likely to learn from this. The ego coupled with the current political climate created a perfect storm.

It's a shame, he is a lot of fun to watch and I think the fans of his next team will be quite happy with him once he gets on the ice.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Man. I actually feel for DeAngelo.

I remember junior year in High School when we had a bit of a losing streak going, three teammates got into it with each other and sparked a fight. Granted it was 10 years ago, but none were kicked off the team.
deangelo wasn't waived because of the post-game fight. teammates get into fights at practice all the time and they don't get sent home

why feel for him? he's got no one but himself to blame for being in this situation

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

I think his head became huge when he signed that contract. I think he's likely to learn from this. The ego coupled with the current political climate created a perfect storm.

It's a shame, he is a lot of fun to watch and I think the fans of his next team will be quite happy with him once he gets on the ice.

Idk something about his team explicitly warning him he’ll be waived for one more incident just a few days before

I don’t think he’ll get in trouble within a week of getting there, but any trouble within any point of the season would be bad for the team that took a risk. They’ll hesitate after learning his history

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
deangelo wasn't waived because of the post-game fight. teammates get into fights at practice all the time and they don't get sent home

why feel for him? he's got no one but himself to blame for being in this situation
I mean, it was partly the fight. It was the end of a series of incidents.

Seems like less of an excuse only a few games in rather than half way through the year, and no training camp, and having a shitty attitude with your goalie as if DeAngelo himself wasnt awful, etc

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I mean, it was partly the fight. It was the end of a series of incidents.

Seems like less of an excuse only a few games in rather than half way through the year, and no training camp, and having a shitty attitude with your goalie as if DeAngelo himself wasnt awful, etc
exactly. the fight obviously played a role, but it's obvious that there had been tension brewing with deangelo for some time and the fight was just the cherry on top

teams don't release a 50+ pt d-man for one single incident like that

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

he’s not an insider. Boomer (morning sports radio) posted the same thing last night and he is more in with Treliving from what I’ve seen. Less likely to speculate than Francis.

who knows. Where there is smoke there is often fire

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
exactly. the fight obviously played a role, but it's obvious that there had been tension brewing with deangelo for some time and the fight was just the cherry on top

teams don't release a 50+ pt d-man for one single incident like that
You mean there is something to it?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
DeAngelo be like that kid in that classic Vine "SO NO TRADE?!?!" and Gronk spikes his cell phone and curbstomps his hockey sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad