Dreger: Dreger: DeAngelo Trade could happen Between 24/48 Hours (MOD WARNING IN OP) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Is there any team willing to take him on without an extra asset coming back? (basically saying its worth the headache) If I were the Rangers, I wouldn't pay extra to get rid of him seeing as he could be bought out for cheap.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think the "trade" that couldve happened was just GM's seeing if NYR would bite on taking their garbage long term contracts. That won't happen as NYR have a ton of flexibility and options if they don't find a trade.

I suspect he'll sit at home for the rest of the year and then get bought out. Then a team will sign him in the offseason once all of the stuff around him has cooled off.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
As long as he doesn't end up in Vancouver, I don't care how long or how quickly this ends.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I think the "trade" that couldve happened was just GM's seeing if NYR would bite on taking their garbage long term contracts. That won't happen as NYR have a ton of flexibility and options if they don't find a trade.

I suspect he'll sit at home for the rest of the year and then get bought out. Then a team will sign him in the offseason once all of the stuff around him has cooled off.

That's where I also think this is heading; he'll sit for this year, get bought out, then another team will take a flyer on him at a much more conservative price...

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
That's where I also think this is heading; he'll sit for this year, get bought out, then another team will take a flyer on him at a much more conservative price...

I get that, but also, it just takes 1 GM, who thinks a talented guy, with something to prove, can help his team contend now, to spur a deal.

Time shall tell

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I get that, but also, it just takes 1 GM, who thinks a talented guy, with something to prove, can help his team contend now, to spur a deal.

Time shall tell

basic biz
the reward has to be worth the risk.

$ aspect of Deangelo is nominal risk
x factor of actual production vs potential disruptive presence*
* expect him to shut up and be on best behavior since this is his last stand at NHL career.

All of that weighed vs cost to acquire, which will not be lower this yr if ever again.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Is there any team willing to take him on without an extra asset coming back? (basically saying its worth the headache) If I were the Rangers, I wouldn't pay extra to get rid of him seeing as he could be bought out for cheap.
This, a buy out would cost about 1.275 over 2 years, as a result I can see the NYR retaining maybe 1.8 tops if they’re getting a fo real asset back and it balances a cap issue for the other team.

Brisson is going to have to get involved to keep his client playing.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I think we can be very sure the Bennett rumour isn’t related to DeAngelo.
Why would it not be related? 'Tree' thought that trading for the league's worst contract was a good idea. As dumb a move as trading for DeAngelo would be anything's possible with this guy.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

thought i read that gorton was willing to eat a bad contract in order to trade him

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
thought i read that gorton was willing to eat a bad contract in order to trade him

No. That makes no sense. His buyout is 380K and 880K. PLus I think the team said the exact opposite of that.

Unless you consider someone expiring but has a big cap hit like Derek Stepan, a bad contract, that I could see if OTT wanted the player.

Reactions: Kupo

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
That was speculation.
But NyR wont take back LONG large deal for sure, they lost Fast over a low-ish sized 3rd year

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Why would it not be related? 'Tree' thought that trading for the league's worst contract was a good idea. As dumb a move as trading for DeAngelo would be anything's possible with this guy.

He also just (rightly) dumped a coach for things that happened in his past. It would look terrible.

There’s also the fact that Dean Molberg spoke to someone who would know, and was told the Flames would not be trading for DeAngelo. Teams don’t always tell the truth, but for them to go after DeAngelo makes no sense.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

no team has the cap space for him.

retrntion will be required and/ or dump coming back.

if a team wanted him they could have claimed him for free.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Darren Dreger has a well-earned reputation of being a stooge for player agents who use him all the time to push the narratives they want.

I have very little doubt that his "rumour" was based on DeAngelo's agent telling him that in a vain effort to try to create some kind of interest in his client.

Dreger is a joke.

Reactions: explore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad