Rumor: Dreger: asking price for Clowe is....

SoftDumpInTheCorner

Jun 29, 2010
Man Jose
I think Wilson's asking price is the ceiling for what he is going to get for Clowe.

Common negotiating; you dont ask for what youre going to settle for, you ask for the world. And let the other party have the tough decision of giving up your demands or bargain down. DUH!

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I think Wilson's asking price is the ceiling for what he is going to get for Clowe.

Common negotiating; you dont ask for what youre going to settle for, you ask for the world. And let the other party have the tough decision of giving up your demands or bargain down. DUH!

The Bruins and Habs media need to understand this, but they don't. Even if the Bruins called right now and offered Koko + 1st, DW would probably go back and try to extract another pick (or conditional pick) out of it. Then if the Bruins wouldn't budge and stood firm with their offer, DW would "reluctantly" accept Koko + 1st for Clowe then LHAO after hanging up. He'd ROTFLHAO if they threw in another pick.

TealTownUSA

Mar 30, 2010
aquiring morrow, downshift to 4th gear
aquiring murray, downshift to 2nd gear
aquring iginla, shift to 3rd gear

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
The Bruins and Habs media need to understand this, but they don't. Even if the Bruins called right now and offered Koko + 1st, DW would probably go back and try to extract another pick (or conditional pick) out of it. Then if the Bruins wouldn't budge and stood firm with their offer, DW would "reluctantly" accept Koko + 1st for Clowe then LHAO after hanging up. He'd ROTFLHAO if they threw in another pick.

What I can't wait for is after we get whatever overpayment we are going to get the inevitable prospect bashing that will occur for whoever we traded for. We'll all of the sudden hear about how Leblanc is a bust, or Koko isn't NHL material. etc.

Arkansas Shark

Fire DW
May 23, 2010
Little Rock
What I can't wait for is after we get whatever overpayment we are going to get the inevitable prospect bashing that will occur for whoever we traded for. We'll all of the sudden hear about how Leblanc is a bust, or Koko isn't NHL material. etc.

Yup. After Flames fans started bashing Koko last night I looked up his stats and watched some youtube vids, the kid is tearing it up in the OHL and looks explosive on video.
I had to cancel out the noise and do some investigating of my own. :D

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
****Nothing new on the Ryane Clowe rumor front. If you missed it, I can confirm that Clowe has a no-trade clause in his about-to-expire contract. But don’t see that as a barrier to any deal taking place, just an obstacle that can be overcome under the right circumstances.

From Pollak's blog today

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Clowe has a NTC? Who the **** doesn't have a NTC then? Jumbo,Patty,Boyle,Clowe,Havlat,Handzus,Vlasic, prolly Pavs(he took a discount after all), Burns?, basically all the notable players probably have NTC. ****ing DW man...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Clowe has a NTC? Who the **** doesn't have a NTC then? Jumbo,Patty,Boyle,Clowe,Havlat,Handzus,Vlasic, prolly Pavs(he took a discount after all), Burns?, basically all the notable players probably have NTC. ****ing DW man...

I've heard that Handzus wants to be dealt. Hopefully that happens soon, maybe we can get like a 6th for him.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I've heard that Handzus wants to be dealt. Hopefully that happens soon, maybe we can get like a 6th for him.

His primary value is in the shootout. I could see a team maybe giving a 7th for him due to that but it wouldn't surprise me at all if DW couldn't get any team to take him at any price.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
If Murray can fetch a 2nd plus conditional 2nd/3rd, maybe Zeus can go East for a 3rd/4th.

Also, if the Bruins have any interest in him + Clowe, I have no problem with Zeus being a throw in to get Koko or Koko + 1st. I think most everyone here would take Koko + 1st for Clowe and Zeus.

SFSharkie

Jul 2, 2009
San Francisco
Ugh so tired of the ridiculous proposals in the main trade board, jeez some people are pretty thick, and or terrible trolls.

Anyway I want Clowe dealt and I think he will be, and for a really good return from one of NYR/MON/BOS . I see those teams making moves, notably BOS and seeing how Clowe is the last "Power Forward" I think DW won't settle for anything less than an absolute steal.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Where did you hear that? That would be sweet if DW could move him.

Someone in Kurz's chat today said they had a Slovakian source that said Handzus wants to be traded. Now of course, that can't be truly verified, and it probably is total crap, but when people like Lebrun talk about him being available repeatedly I get the impression that he wants out.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
Curious why Zeus wants out? Playing time I suppose, just not used to hearing Shark players being unhappy I guess

LunchPail

Jul 3, 2012
Bay Area, CA
Where did you hear that? When did useless players like Handzus get to demand trades?

I'd hardly call Zeus "useless". There are teams that could use size down the middle, especially size with good faceoff ability (he's at 55.6% in the dot). If you've got speedy, tight-checking wings on your 4th line, Zeus could help out.

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
Even AHL players get to demand trades... Jay Leach wanted a trade and got it.
Jay Leach was/still is a captain though :laugh: So he isnt completely useless in the AHL. It would be a different story if he demanded a trade while he was in the NHL.

I'd hardly call Zeus "useless". There are teams that could use size down the middle, especially size with good faceoff ability (he's at 55.6% in the dot). If you've got speedy, tight-checking wings on your 4th line, Zeus could help out.
So he's pretty much useless because I'm not seeing much here.

Last edited:

LunchPail

Jul 3, 2012
Bay Area, CA
So he's pretty much useless because I'm not seeing much here.

So you're saying that the league is full of shifty scorers with speed that merely hold down grind line centre positions until a slot on higher line opens up?? Quite frankly, there are more than a few dog-slow grinding centres out there like Zeus and they are all gainfully employed. Guess those teams don't know what they're doing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad