Rumor: Dreger: asking price for Clowe is....

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I don't trust Dreger anymore. But I'd be fine with 1st and prospect. I guess DW wants a conditional 2nd too.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I don't think DW is really worried about trading Clowe.
I feel the same. I think he only wants to trade Clowe for a good return. If he cannot get it then ******* it. If Clowe continues to suck then we might be able to sign him to a reasonable contract in the off season.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Id make the deal if we get that in return.

Same here.

I think this is the way it goes when it gets down to crunch time, as long as Clowe plays starting tonight and leading up to the deadline and keeps showing the scouts what they want to see:

DW's Ask: 1st, 2nd and prospect
Counter by one or more teams: 2nd and prospect (or 2nd, conditional pick, and prospect)
DW's take it or leave it "I don't NEED to trade Clowe" counter: 1st and prospect
Then one of the bidding teams bites.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Spector's Hockey ‏@SpectorsHockey 2m
Pierre LeBrun report #Canucks & #Canadiens interested in Ryane Clowe, but #Sharks seek 1st rd pick in the return. Neither club will do that.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Part of me would die inside if I saw Clowe in a Nucks sweater.

I would die laughing with Clowe on the Nucks when Nucks fans started immediately complaining about how he's slow, can't score, and mostly useless (i.e., the same complaints that have been thrown around here this season re: Clowe). :laugh:

It would be nice for them to do a head-scratcher trade with us after the whole Ehrhoff dump to the Nucks "trade."

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Good for DW!:clap:

If a team in the east like Pittsburg trades for Iggy, I bet a team will get desperate and give up what DW wants for Clowe.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Good for DW!:clap:

If a team in the east like Pittsburg trades for Iggy, I bet a team will get desperate and give up what DW wants for Clowe.

And I think that team is Boston. Seems like they are making a big push this year and Clowe seems like a player who Boston thinks will be a fit.

rideaucrusher21

Aug 8, 2008
CA
I think once Iggy gets dealt, the market for Clowe will heat up REAL fast. And IMO the Sharks are a better/faster team on the ice without Clowe this year anyway. Give that ice time to Gali/Shep/Wingels. Let them gain some experience down the stretch, and maybe even a playoff round (or two!)

And from an asset management perspective, I would LOVE if the Sharks went into the draft with 4 picks in the top 2 rounds. An extra prospect would be icing on the cake.

Get it done DW.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
no reason to take less than the Koko + 2nd offer that Boston threw at Dallas for Morrow.

Koko and a 2nd? I think I would rather have that than any competing package that involves a 1st round pick or 1st + lesser prospect. :handclap: I'm down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad