Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Just for the fun of it
W. Nylander and a second...

this is just to start the argument cause someone is BOUND to propose it...

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
but Drai looks to be a playoff beast. The perception at least.
Tough to match MacKinnon or Seguin up against Draisaitl if this is the case
. Also tough for Edmonton to move potential playoff beast in Draisaitl when the playoff performance of McDavid was underwhelming

How quickly people forget what MacKinnon did in 2014 when the Avs made the playoffs.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Just for the fun of it
W. Nylander and a second...

this is just to start the argument cause someone is BOUND to propose it...

No, no I don't think anyone was.

I honestly wouldn't do a 1-for-1 as I think they are about the same level of player, let alone add.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Victor Rask + Brett Pesce for Drai.

As a Canes fan, it intrigues me as we really need a 1C, but acquiring a 1C makes one of our top-9 Cs (All of whom are best suited for middle-6 roles) expendable...so sending out Rask in a deal for a 1C helps us.

Pesce...is rather more problematic, the Canes depth is on the LH-side. We're really shallow on RD and can't really move either Faulk or Pesce as the next guy up is TVR or a rookie MacKeown.

supeg93*

Aug 16, 2014
I know you're saying their examples, but the only example that was good was Duchene.

I don't think Draisaitl is a better player then McKinnon or Seguin and asking for them + is bad especially when you consider contracts. Seguin is also going to be paid 9M+ next off-season probably. He will wait to see what Taveras gets and ask for the same.

Little and Duchene would be good asks if you want a +

I think you guys are better off trading RNH and signing Draisaitl.

Wait. You do not think Drai is a better player then McKinnon? Based on what?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Do fans thing before posting this garbage ? Edmonton matches and happily keeps him if that is the AAV

Ironic. Re-read your OP. The fact that moving Drai is even a discussion is pure garbage. He's arguably the Oilers 2nd most important player and by far the best forward not named McDavid.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Is the + Carey Price with 4 million retained?

Lol Draisaitl is becoming the most overrated player in the league. Marron scored 27 goals playing with McJesus, I wonder how many points Draisaitl would have without the wonder boy.

Gachenyuk plus Price signed 8 yeaars with 4M retained is in the McDavid value territory.

in before McDavid is worth the whole habs organisation plus its 24 cups

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Galchenyuk + Pacioretty + 1OA etcetcetc this must be kind of interesting?

if he was signed before a trade to a decent deal Habs could even add more (Gallagher?)

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Draisaitl for Bergeron seems like a Chiarelli move... Well really Draisaitl for Bozak + JVR + 2nd seems more like something Chia would do but...

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
The thing is...Having Leon play as our 2C creates a matchup nightmare...so unless we are getting a C that can do that...keep your offers to yourself :)

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lol Draisaitl is becoming the most overrated player in the league. Marron scored 27 goals playing with McJesus, I wonder how many points Draisaitl would have without the wonder boy.

Gachenyuk plus Price signed 8 yeaars with 4M retained is in the McDavid value territory.

in before McDavid is worth the whole habs organisation plus its 24 cups

Actually, it isn't.

Maroon did score 27 goals and he has one year left on his contract. If he goes crazy and wants a giant raise you can bet he doesn't get signed.

Draisaitl is a very different story. He is a RFA without arb rights. He has one massive season under his belt but also showed he could center his own line in the playoffs. There is no doubt among anyone who watched him play last year he isn't a McDavid illusion.

Maroon? Different story even if he is a talented player and a fan favorite. If you really are a fan of hockey you can't paint Draisaitl with the same brush as Maroon.

Just sayin'.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Why on earth would Edmonton trade Draisaitl even if his demand is 8? That's just goofy.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Actually, it isn't.

Maroon did score 27 goals and he has one year left on his contract. If he goes crazy and wants a giant raise you can bet he doesn't get signed.

Draisaitl is a very different story. He is a RFA without arb rights. He has one massive season under his belt
but also showed he could center his own line in the playoffs.
There is no doubt among anyone who watched him play last year he isn't a McDavid illusion.

Maroon? Different story even if he is a talented player and a fan favorite. If you really are a fan of hockey you can't paint Draisaitl with the same brush as Maroon.

Just sayin'.

based on what, 2 good games where he had 9 points?
I've already detailed those points too - assists off rebounds, empty net goal etc.

I'm not paying the kid millions of extra dollars based on those two games.
I need more proof that he can carry the offence on his own line. So far it's been Taylor Hall and McDavid - haven't see Draisaitl do this.
I'm saying bridge him and let's see. Worst case scenario is you pay him exactly what he's demanding right now. No loss in $ for the Oilers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad