Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If Draisaitl wants more then 8 million . Would there be a team willing to make a trade for him . The ask would be a lessor 1 C coming back plus .

Example

MacKinnon
Seguin . Probably a big fat no from Dallas and I only used him as an example
Duchene ++ base on contract and his down year it would need to be nice pieces added

Montreal . Don't have the pieces so don't offer Plekanic +++ . We are not taking a cap dump .

Looking for long term solutions

Let me add I doubt he gets moved . Just bore and it is a long time until the season gets going

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If Draisaitl wants more then 8 million . Would there be a team willing to make a trade for him . The ask would be a lessor 1 C coming back plus .

Example

MacKinnon
Duchene ++ base on contract and his down year it would need to be nice pieces added

Montreal . Don't have the pieces so don't offer Plekanic +++ . We are not taking a cap dump .

Let me add I doubt he gets moved . Just bore and it is a long time until the season gets going

Yeah Seguin wouldn't work out anyways because eventually he will want more than $8 million too and the chances of Dallas moving him rather than resigning him are extremely low.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If he wants more than 8M, you can keep him. Wouldn't trade MacKinnon for him if that's the case.

That's my stance too...If Draisaitl is at ~7 million I might swap them (but then the Oilers wouldn't), but probably not. I think MacKinnon on McDavid's wing would have comfortably hit 70+ too. But if Draisaitl's earning 8+ million and MacKinnon's earning 6 million, that's absolutely not worth it. I imagine other teams with the types of top young players on more palatable contracts that Edmonton would be looking at would feel the same way too.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
More than 8 million? Even 7 million a year is high.

He signs a reasonable long term contract under 7 AAV or you send his ass out of town.

The ask also wouldn't be a number 1 center it'd be a top young defenseman.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

He signs a reasonable long term contract under 7 AAV or you send his ass out of town.

I agree. Any young #1 center coming back would play on the 2nd line in Edmonton and would demand the exact same price if not more.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
MacKinnon shouldn't be available by the Avs.

That is why the are examples . I am not unto date on all the teams C , Also a team doing the trade would have to believe Draisaitl will be the better player going forward . No team makes the trade unless there is some benefit to them .

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
That is why the are examples . I am not unto date on all the teams C , Also a team doing the trade would have to believe Draisaitl will be the better player going forward . No team makes the trade unless there is some benefit to them .

I say Duchene or a young, budding center prospect and picks coming, if this were the case.

supeg93*

Aug 16, 2014

Example

MacKinnon

Rather have Dion then all of them. Big, Strong on the puck Centers are as rare as #1 all around Dmen.

MacKinnon in particular I would not touch. His first four seasons is basically a clone of RNH's first four seasons (Nuges were a bit better in PPG in fact).

RNH gets **** on as a bust all the time but they were only drafted two years apart.

No clue why McKinnon get's such leway.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I agree. Any young #1 center coming back would play on the 2nd line in Edmonton and would demand the exact same price if not more.

Tough to demand anything if you are locked up for 5 or 6 years . We would not trade him to run into the same situation in 2 or 3 years

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada

Montreal offers $7.8M X 5 years. We lose a 1st, 2nd, third and keep our assets. Still think he gets sent out of town?;)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Horvat and Tanev would be my offer from the Canucks.

Really not a bad offer . Would hurt to see him in a Nucks uniform . I guess the bashing we received over the years from Canucks fans makes it hard to deal with them . Too bad Tanev is injured so much or this would be a real nice deal for both teams

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Do fans thing before posting this garbage ? Edmonton matches and happily keeps him if that is the AAV

The person he is talking to said that either Draisaitl signs for $7m or he gets sent out.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
PHP:
Rather have Dion then all of them.
Big, Strong on the puck Centers are as rare as #1 all around Dmen.

MacKinnon in particular I would not touch. His first four seasons is basically a clone of RNH's first four seasons (Nuges were a bit better in PPG in fact).

RNH gets **** on as a bust all the time but they were only drafted two years apart.
No clue why McKinnon get's such leway.

Point one . You would be 1 of 10,000,000 Oiler fans who would rather Phaneuf . Hand in your fan card and may god have mercy on your soul .

You are 100% right . Even Duchene had a worst season point wise then RNH all while the Nuge played in a shut down role and yet Duchene is value as some great C and Nuge is trash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad