Proposal: Draisaitl for a cheaper 1 C with a + maybe

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Do fans thing before posting this garbage ? Edmonton matches and happily keeps him if that is the AAV

Over $20 million tied up in two centres isn't something I think they'd be "happy" about though, no? Makes it a lot more difficult to build a championship calibre team around that much cap space in two similar pieces.

supeg93*

Aug 16, 2014
Point one . You would be 1 of 10,000,000 Oiler fans who would rather Phaneuf . Hand in your fan card and may god have mercy on your soul .

You are 100% right . Even Duchene had a worst season point wise then RNH all while the Nuge played in a shut down role and yet Duchene is value as some great C and Nuge is trash

LEON obviously

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Over $20 million tied up in two centres isn't something I think they'd be "happy" about though, no? Makes it a lot more difficult to build a championship calibre team around that much cap space in two similar pieces.

The penguins seem to be doing a pretty good job at it

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Just for ***** and giggles, does Kuznetsov interest you? Signed for $7.8mm/year for the next 8 years. If you want to make things really interesting, package Carlson in there as well. Isn't RD a need for Edmonton?

:edmonton

Evgeny Kuznetsov
John Carlson

:caps

Leon Draisaitl
??

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
What do you Oilers fans think about something around Henrique+Zacha for Drai? Or if you prefer Mcleod over Zacha that works too. Could see NJ adding some picks as well although not their 1st as it's still probably a top 10 pick.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
That is why the are examples . I am not unto date on all the teams C , Also a team doing the trade would have to believe Draisaitl will be the better player going forward . No team makes the trade unless there is some benefit to them .

I know you're saying their examples, but the only example that was good was Duchene.

I don't think Draisaitl is a better player then McKinnon or Seguin and asking for them + is bad especially when you consider contracts. Seguin is also going to be paid 9M+ next off-season probably. He will wait to see what Taveras gets and ask for the same.

Little and Duchene would be good asks if you want a +

I think you guys are better off trading RNH and signing Draisaitl.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Couturier+Hagg+2018 2nd

For Draisaitl

Coots is locked up at 4.33 for 5 years, would be a big body defensive center and Hagg is NHL ready as a top6 LD with potential to keep growing into a top4 Dman.

The value isnt staggering, but it maintains the Oilers strength down the middle with McDavid, RNH, Coots without costing a lot and gives you another Dman to replace the hole Reinhart left in your D plans. Also a 2nd round pick in a hopefully deep draft next year. If necessary, maybe we could upgrade that pick to the Blues 1st we just acquired in the Schenn deal

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Really not a bad offer . Would hurt to see him in a Nucks uniform . I guess the bashing we received over the years from Canucks fans makes it hard to deal with them . Too bad Tanev is injured so much or this would be a real nice deal for both teams

Tanev isn't really injured that much, I still think it's a good deal for both sides. Horvat is a perfect 2C with 1C upside that he is likely to reach. He drives the play and makes people around him better.

Add a top pairing RH defenseman to that, all for the same cap hit of Draisaitl, and it would be hard to make a case for Oilers not being a better team after the trade is done.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Montreal has nothing to offer the Oilers . I can honestly say No to every Montreal fans offer with out see them

Yeah, because MTL doesn't have anyone worthy on their team... Funny how Duchene is good stuff and Galchenyuk is a plug...

MTL offers four late 1st round picks (offer sheet). kthxbai.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
If Draisaitl wants more then 8 million . Would there be a team willing to make a trade for him . The ask would be a lessor 1 C coming back plus .

Example

MacKinnon
Seguin . Probably a big fat no from Dallas and I only used him as an example
Duchene ++ base on contract and his down year it would need to be nice pieces added

Montreal . Don't have the pieces so don't offer Plekanic +++ . We are not taking a cap dump .

Looking for long term solutions

Let me add I doubt he gets moved . Just bore and it is a long time until the season gets going

Draisaitl, Nurse, Nugent-Hopkins (approx15M)
for
Subban, Ryan Johansen (approx 15M)

I'd only make that deal if RyJo agrees to 6M/year to be a 2nd line centre

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Agreed; but I would do Dutchy (retained) + Barrie for Leon + sweetener if he wants 8M.

Well of course you would. But even if you retain 50% of Duchene's contract, that is 8.25M going back the other way. The Oilers could just pay that money to Draisaitl instead

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Lesser C then you listed Seguin. I wouldn't put Drai above him yet. Also Seguin will be more expensive than 8 million in 2 years

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Draisaitl, Nurse, Nugent-Hopkins (approx15M)
for
Subban, Ryan Johansen (approx 15M)

I'd only make that deal if RyJo agrees to 6M/year to be a 2nd line centre

Why would Nashville do this? They have finally found a winning combination, so they get a slight upgrade at 1C but lose their 1D. The depth is nice but it doesn't get you there.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I know you're saying their examples, but the only example that was good was Duchene.

I don't think Draisaitl is a better player then McKinnon or Seguin and asking for them + is bad especially when you consider contracts. Seguin is also going to be paid 9M+ next off-season probably. He will wait to see what Taveras gets and ask for the same.

Little and Duchene would be good asks if you want a +

I think you guys are better off trading RNH and signing Draisaitl.

but Drai looks to be a playoff beast. The perception at least.
Tough to match MacKinnon or Seguin up against Draisaitl if this is the case. Also tough for Edmonton to move potential playoff beast in Draisaitl when the playoff performance of McDavid was underwhelming

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad