Draft Till You Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
Who's picking....as in which team? I didn't think we would have trouble 3 picks in a row.
Well, it technically hasn't been 3 in a row, because some people make their picks pretty quick.

We're on Washington's 2nd rounder... 33rd overall.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Seachd said:
Well, it technically hasn't been 3 in a row, because some people make their picks pretty quick.

We're on Washington's 2nd rounder... 33rd overall.
Wasington doesn't need anything.....trade their pick to NJ for Albelin :)

HockeyBurd*

Seachd said:
I say Johannes Salmonsson, so right now it's at 3-1. I'll wait just a little bit more before making the pick.

Salmonsson is obviously an early second round pick but I don't see them taking a chance on him with safer picks available and other LW's in the system such as Semin, Pettinger and Fleischmann. I say they go with a safer pick. Maybe they decide on taking a third defenseman in a row like Schultz. I believe that is their area of greatest need. But Nokelainen is a pretty safe all around pick.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
With a vote of 4-1, the Washington Captials select Petteri Nokelainen from SaiPa.

HockeyBurd*

With the 36th pick the Rangers select Kirill Lyamin from CSKA of the Russian League.

With the 37th pick the Rangers select Roman Tesliuk from the Kamloops of the WHL.

I would have taken TJ Hensick if he opted in. :cry: I feel silly taking somebody who didn't opt in.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
HockeyBurd said:
I would have taken TJ Hensick if he opted in. :cry: I feel silly taking somebody who didn't opt in.

I mentioned that because the draft started before we started hearing about players opting out, that all draft eligible players are available to be picked. Do you still want to keep your picks?

HockeyBurd*

Seachd said:
I mentioned that because the draft started before we started hearing about players opting out, that all draft eligible players are available to be picked. Do you still want to keep your picks?

I'll stick with my picks. For me it's a simulation of reality and I know Hensick won't there.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
HockeyBurd said:
I'll stick with my picks. For me it's a simulation of reality and I know Hensick won't there.
Yep, fair enough. For all we know, though, Lyamin or Tesliuk might not be there either. :eek:

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
The Carolina Hurricanes are pleased to select goalie Cory Schneider from Phillips Academy with the 38th selection.

With the 39th selection, the Hurricanes are pleased to announce the selection of Jeff Schultz from the Calgary Hitman of the WHL.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Kyle Wharton
6`03 190
1986-03-03
Stittsville, ON

Smooth skateing defensmen's game has finally risen to its expected level after two injury filled seasons. He has been Ottawa's best defensmen down the stretch. His hero growing up is current Devils defensmen Scott Niedermayer. He makes great outlet passes and is very reliable in his own end. Picked up 5 points in 7 playoff games this year for Ottawa and is showing signs of the offensive potential that was once seen.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The Oilers are happy to select, from the Mississauga IceDogs, David Shantz.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

New Jersey is pround to select from Salmon Arm of the BCHL, star center, Travis Zajac. New Jersey has now stold two players in the top 15 of CSB North American final rankings, both in the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad