Svech
Zadina

Dobson
Boqvist
Hughes
Kotkaniemi
Tkachuk
Whalstrom

Then there is a steep drop off to the Ty Smith, Joe Veleno, Joel Farabee, Denisenko, Bode Wilde, Martin Kaut, Evan Bouchard tier.

And after that, the next tier goes like 30 guys deep.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I honestly don’t know how anyone can have Zadina and Svechnikov in the same tier, Svechnikov is a superior prospect in so many ways. Like it’s not even close. If Dahlin isn't in this draft, this would be the Svechnikov draft...

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Aiden Dudas is a small skilled guy I would target, he’s going to play with that tenacity to go along with the skill. He’s not quite as talented as a guy like Konecny was at that age.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Aiden Dudas is a small skilled guy I would target, he’s going to play with that tenacity to go along with the skill. He’s not quite as talented as a guy like Konecny was at that age.

It's the motor that really sells Dudas as a possible pick. But does he lasat to 94? 32 seem a bit too early.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It's the motor that really sells Dudas as a possible pick. But does he lasat to 94? 32 seem a bit too early.

With the success of guys like Point/Konecny and DeBrincat recently I don't think he's there at #92. If I had to guess he goes in that #45-60 range.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm torn on Benjamin Gleason -- again looking at OA's and he's one who could step off and immediately into the Amerks roster as a 20 year old. He's had consecutive improvement and his production didn't all run through powerplay accumulation -- he was good at even strength. I've moved further away from D+2 OA CHL d-men in recent years but this kid looks like he could be a player and he's still eligible.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
O'Brien seems to have a lot of the right stuff. The question for the Sabres is whether a winger or D prospect has enough of what O'Brien seems to have to have them pick by position. I know centres often switch to wing but a wall presence who also can score is badly needed up front. Of course 2-3 years from now who knows what we will need. Depending on the how the first round goes there could very well be a darned good D prospect available too.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Every game I saw with this kid in it he popped off the screen.

No player showed greater growth in the second half of the season than Foudy. He had 33 points in the final 32 games of the regular season, where as McLeod had 32 points in the final 32 games of the year. Remember, Foudy is a year younger and didn't have the same type of talent surrounding him. The big difference, of course, is position. While he is a natural center, Foudy has found success on the wing at the OHL level.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Merkley screams to me a kid who should change positions, make him a center. The NFL and baseball do it all the time, and they do it later than 18 years old often, hockey is so reactionary.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Every game I saw with this kid in it he popped off the screen.

Yeah, Brock also debated moving him up in his rankings because McLeod did not impress even with similar production. Dynamic players - guys who have at least one excellent skill (skating) are certainly desired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad