Draft party

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I am willing to be the Brooklyn/NYCB crew is essentially forcing the Isles to pay up at this point, I never remember draft parties being a fee in the past and with the prospect of JT leaving and a #11 and #12 pick it is not like there is alot of excitement for this thing, probably charging the Islanders like $5,000 to rent the place out and the Islanders are looking to recoup any cost they can, can't wait to see what they are going to charge to park there, regardless I can't imagine alot of people are going to show up to this thing, wouldn't be surprised if they are going to be giving tickets away for free in the week before.

Proceeds from ticket sales for this event will benefit youth sports programs throughout Long Island.

well I didn't see this at first, basically all of the money or maybe $1 from each ticket? regardless it should be free even they are donating it all to charity, lets face it for the most part people do not care about charities and are still going to see $8.50 and say the hell with it , as someone else said maybe have a 50/50 raffle there and donate the money to the charity and just try get people in the building and try and get some interest in the team

Last edited:
Reactions: YearlyLottery

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I wonder if Ledecky shows up to shake hands like an idiot. I hope he does and I hope fans tell him we despise him and to sell

we don't despise him, real fans are happy to see there is an owner who is putting the effort to keep the team here and I am guessing doing the best he can, the fake fans who just like to whine and complain I am guessing hate Ledeckey

Reactions: IwayMike

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Ledecky has less influence on this team than Wang. Wang installed a whole front office based on nepotism and new England inexperienced loser types. what has ledecky done? If he sold his approximate 25% share tomorrow all he would be given credit for is shaking hands of people and kissing Cuomo's rear end

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I'll be going, Tavares drama aside, 4 picks in the top 43 is friggin great, excited to see what gets done/who gets picked.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Tomorrow Snow could get punted to the moon and Tavares could sign a lifetime contract and I still wouldn't go, for the simple fact that we pick 11th and 12th. Unless there's some trad shenanigans, based on last yea's draft, it will be a full 80 minutes from the start to the draft until both picks are made.That is a long friggin time to sit around waiting. And that's if you only count the time from when the actual draft starts. No thanks.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Ledecky has less influence on this team than Wang. Wang installed a whole front office based on nepotism and new England inexperienced loser types. what has ledecky done? If he sold his approximate 25% share tomorrow all he would be given credit for is shaking hands of people and kissing Cuomo's rear end
Kissing Cuomo's rear end is the reason the Islanders will have a home for the next 40 years. No more talk about whether the franchise will have to move. Don't write that off as nothing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Kissing Cuomo's rear end is the reason the Islanders will have a home for the next 40 years. No more talk about whether the franchise will have to move. Don't write that off as nothing.

So there's more to being an owner than on-ice production?! :sarcasm:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
For the Islanders, the off ice is more important than the on ice. Has been for a long time.
It’s great that they got the off ice issues worked out, and I was perfectly fine with that taking priority. The problem is that they’ve done absolute f*** all since the announcement. If they cared whatsoever about the on ice product, Snow and Weight would not be with the organization right now.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
It’s great that they got the off ice issues worked out, and I was perfectly fine with that taking priority. The problem is that they’ve done absolute **** all since the announcement. If they cared whatsoever about the on ice product, Snow and Weight would not be with the organization right now.
I agree that Snow should have been gone years ago. I really believe he’s still here because this is the path Malkin believes will get Tavares re-signed. I disagree with the way ownership has gone about the whole Tavares saga. L&M allowed Tavares to become bigger than the entire organization. Once he told the team he was playing out his contract, they should have put their best offer out there to him and told him if you don’t sign by 1/1/18, we will trade you. By having JT uncertainty hanging over the team I think it hamstrung the GM from making any moves to save the season in December. Snow was afraid to trade the 2 picks in case JT walks and we need those picks to rebuild with. I love JT but this entire process hurt the team this year. That should never happen. Ownership allowed it to.

Reactions: BTrotts19

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
They shouldn't even HAVE a draft party unless they announce, the week before, that Lamoriello is now the new GM and Snow is working concessions at Brooklyn games.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
They shouldn't even HAVE a draft party unless they announce, the week before, that Lamoriello is now the new GM and Snow is working concessions at Brooklyn games.

GTIslanders already has the Dippin Dots stand. Not sure if there’s a spot for Garth on the concourse.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I agree that Snow should have been gone years ago. I really believe he’s still here because this is the path Malkin believes will get Tavares re-signed. I disagree with the way ownership has gone about the whole Tavares saga. L&M allowed Tavares to become bigger than the entire organization. Once he told the team he was playing out his contract, they should have put their best offer out there to him and told him if you don’t sign by 1/1/18, we will trade you. By having JT uncertainty hanging over the team I think it hamstrung the GM from making any moves to save the season in December. Snow was afraid to trade the 2 picks in case JT walks and we need those picks to rebuild with. I love JT but this entire process hurt the team this year. That should never happen. Ownership allowed it to.

Being out of the playoffs and clearly not looking in any way, shape or form like a playoff team (at best being an immediate knock out by slipping into the 8th slot), Snow should have been fielding offers for the best package. That would have somehow softened the blow it will be if he walks away for free. Only a complete egomaniac would think that by honoring JT's hope to not be traded would work. That gross incompetence along should be grounds for dismissal. It's like an intramural frat team, where buddies take care of their own and JT will take care of himself (which I don't hold against him). Garth not doing what was best for the organization is completely unforgivable to me. I hope we all find out one day what the other teams think of him and if someone brings him in to fill a vacant GM role.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Being out of the playoffs and clearly not looking in any way, shape or form like a playoff team (at best being an immediate knock out by slipping into the 8th slot), Snow should have been fielding offers for the best package. That would have somehow softened the blow it will be if he walks away for free. Only a complete egomaniac would think that by honoring JT's hope to not be traded would work. That gross incompetence along should be grounds for dismissal. It's like an intramural frat team, where buddies take care of their own and JT will take care of himself (which I don't hold against him). Garth not doing what was best for the organization is completely unforgivable to me. I hope we all find out one day what the other teams think of him and if someone brings him in to fill a vacant GM role.

To be fair I think we have to wait and see what actually happens. If JT stays a lot of the stuff we’re saying about he should have been traded etc will look silly. If he leaves well.... we are just fans who don’t know the real situation. Because we’re fans, we absolutely get to use hindsight to blast snow on the issue.

Personally I feel that if JT leaves snow must’ve had a pretty f***ing good idea he was leaving before the deadline and having him stay with JT gone would make it really hard to continue rooting for this team

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Do you really think Snow was the one calling the shots on whether JT was traded or not? I’m 99% sure Snow was told by ownership he is not to trade Tavares. The entire JT contract saga was being driven from Scott Malkin’s office.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Do you really think Snow was the one calling the shots on whether JT was traded or not? I’m 99% sure Snow was told by ownership he is not to trade Tavares. The entire JT contract saga was being driven from Scott Malkin’s office.

Yep. It's all Malkin/Ledecky on this one. They're the ones communicating and negotiating with Brisson and Tavares. This potential miscue lies with them.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Don't know why you guys are getting on to Ledecky. He's just Malkin's whipping boy. Multiple reports have already said that Malkin is the guy making the decisions and pulling the strings. Ledecky just seems like the fall guy. Malkin probably doesn't trust him with a cent of his money.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Only a complete egomaniac would think that by honoring JT's hope to not be traded would work. That gross incompetence along should be grounds for dismissal. It's like an intramural frat team, where buddies take care of their own and JT will take care of himself (which I don't hold against him). Garth not doing what was best for the organization is completely unforgivable to me. I hope we all find out one day what the other teams think of him and if someone brings him in to fill a vacant GM role.

Wait, so do you also think Yzerman should have traded Stamkos?

It's not a simple issue. I understand all of you who think Tavares should've been traded with the possibility of him walking away, but the most important thing is, we don't have all the facts and none of us even talked about a weather with Brisson, not to mention about this whole mess. But Tavares not being traded doesn't automatically means it was done because the Isles are a frat team. The best possible scenario for the Isles is of course Tavares staying. And while the team would probably get a king's ransom for him, it wouldn't be as important/mean as much to the organization as a whole as Tavares. It's a complicated situation where you just consider all of your option. The team chose the high risk, high reward one. Was that a wrong choice? Possibly, yes. But since they operate on a much more information than we, it's really hard to judge at this point.

There was a rumor posted by someone, I'm really sorry I can't remember who now, that Tavares wants to re-sign with the Islanders, but Snow/owners don't want to pay him what he wants. If that's the case, do you really decide to trade him?

The only obvious mistake we've seen was Snow stating he won't trade Tavares and he won't be listening for offers, because he should have done it even if he had no intentions saying goodbye to Tavares. But not trading him was just a gamble and sometimes they pay off. Sometimes don't.

To be fair I think we have to wait and see what actually happens. If JT stays a lot of the stuff we’re saying about he should have been traded etc will look silly. If he leaves well.... we are just fans who don’t know the real situation. Because we’re fans, we absolutely get to use hindsight to blast snow on the issue.

No, I don't think anyone who said that we should trade Tavares (when he wasn't re-signed this season) will look silly. It's an option. It's not an option that the ownership/Snow chose, but it's also not a stupid one. I'm not sure how crazy the package we could get for Tavares at the trade deadline would be, but the prices were really, really up this year. Would it be worth to fans/organization as much as Tavares? No. But it's certainly less risky than just keeping Tavares and letting him play this season out. Less risk, smaller reward.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
SERIOUSLY...

Is there any way to organize this "party" and turn it into a "snow must go," "stop talking Ledecky," and "We see you Malkin" party?

The Isles have organized it for us. Now all we need to do is take advantage.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Of course you may be right, but then why would Malkin keep snow if he can't trust him to do his job?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad