Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
2 years in a row dropping 3 spots... as a Canuck fan it can only go up from here right?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
vzmx2Qq.jpg

lawrence

May 19, 2012
2 years in a row dropping 3 spots... as a Canuck fan it can only go up from here right?

canucks didn't drop 3 in 2016. Doubt it will happen again, can't imagine 3 teams before us winning the lottery that means all 6 teams drop 3 spots.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'm starting to hate the system. Habs are not in a good spot at 4th.We need a lot of luck just to stay at 4th.

Forgetting about the odds for first for a second, the Montreal Canadiens have only a 2.8% chance to stay at fourth but a 26.1% and 34% chance to drop to fifth and sixth respectively.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm starting to hate the system. Habs are not in a good spot at 4th.We need a lot of luck just to stay at 4th.

Forgetting about the odds for first for a second, the Montreal Canadiens have only a 2.8% chance to stay at fourth but a 26.1% and 34% chance to drop to fifth and sixth respectively.
You can't just ignore your 28.8% chance of picking top 3

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I can not speak for all oiler fans but I am hoping nyi win with the flames pick

Why?

Just because.

However. If the oilers win the lotto I will make sure I have enough popcorn to experience the meltdown here

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
The other day I did that tankathon simulation and on my first hit I got the Isles one and Isles three with CGY pick.

That'd be nice

How to put an organization back on track in a single day!

And if that doesn't convince Tavares to stay after all, I don't know what can

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
How to put an organization back on track in a single day!

And if that doesn't convince Tavares to stay after all, I don't know what can

The Isles aren't that lucky, we could really use an 'Uncle Gary' though. Getting #1 and Dahlin would be huge, a gamechanger for a franchise mired in 6 layers of crap.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Not much info I have seen about this yet, goes this Saturday, usually in the first intermission of the featured EST game from what I remember, anyone have anymore details?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not much info I have seen about this yet, goes this Saturday, usually in the first intermission of the featured EST game from what I remember, anyone have anymore details?

They're probably waiting for the Boston/Toronto series to wrap up so they can officially announce the schedule. I'd expect an official press release about the lottery drawing on Thursday.

But it'll probably be like last year. For the folks up in Canada, you'll get lottery/pregame coverage at 7:30pm EST with the reveal around 8pm (for those in the US, NBC will probably start with the reveal). Then puck drop for the Hockey Night in Canada game around 8:20pm.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Isles deserve a lottery win with Tavares set to leave. So rarely in the NHL does a team's franchise player decide to test UFA and sign elsewhere, at the young age of 27 years old.

Which is why Rasmus Dahlin will be a proud member of the New York Rangers. Because.

Reactions: Bozle

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Isles deserve a lottery win with Tavares set to leave. So rarely in the NHL does a team's franchise player decide to test UFA and sign elsewhere, at the young age of 27 years old.

Which is why Rasmus Dahlin will be a proud member of the New York Rangers. Because.
Dont worry, Chiarelli will trade Dahlin to the islanders in 3 years when he cant afford to extend him for Pulock or something,

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It's not a 28.8 % chance at picking a top 3. You don't add all those % together. We have a 9,5 % chance of picking a top 3.

No, we have 9.5% of winning the 1st overall.

If we don't win the 1st overall, we'll have even higher odds to win the 2nd overall.

And then even higher odds to win 3rd overall.

Cumulatively, we have over 30% chance of picking in the top 3. It's impossible to know the odds for sure because it depends on who would hypothetically win the first two picks.

Reactions: AmericanDream

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
It's not a 28.8 % chance at picking a top 3. You don't add all those % together. We have a 9,5 % chance of picking a top 3.

Come on now. I'll cut you some slack if you're a kid yet to take all your math classes otherwise you should know better that yes you add up the odds for each outcome and your odds of one of that subset is in fact that total (28.8% of getting a top 3 pick for the Canadiens)

Reactions: AmericanDream

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Sigh: On to the Next Round: Sportsnet’s Coverage of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Continues with Second Round Action | Sportsnet Media Centre

For fans with a vested interest in teams outside the playoff picture, Sportsnet presents the 2018 NHL Draft Lottery on Saturday, April 28 on Sportsnet, CBC and Sportsnet NOW. The NHL Draft Lottery special, hosted by Daren Millard and NBC’s Kathryn Tappen, will unveil the lottery results through the course of the evening. Picks 15 through 4 will be revealed during Hockey Central Saturday beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT, with the top three picks unveiled during the second intermission of the San Jose vs. Vegas game.

I guess that's one way to keep a Canadian audience watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad