Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Im sorry if this is the wrong spot for it, please move or delete if needed.

But I have a quick question on it. I know its Saturday, April 28th. But Everywhere I look online I cannot find a time for it. Also if anyone does know what time, does anyone know what channel it would be televised in the US? Guessing its on NHLN or NBCSN..

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
For me it’ll be where it is every single year the Sabres are in it. When I drunkenly remember to update my Twitter feed, mumble “of ****ing course” and go back to drinking.
Lol, you guys gotta keep that number 1 pick sooner or later right?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Lol, you guys gotta keep that number 1 pick sooner or later right?

Odds are no. I’d just like to stop dropping so much. We dropped 2 spots from 6 last year! We can’t even have 6? Ready to drop 3 from 1 now.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'd assume it'd be similar to last year's:

NEW YORK/TORONTO (April 26, 2017) - The 2017 NHL Draft Lottery, which will determine the order of selection for the first 15 picks in the first round of the 2017 NHL Draft, will be held on Saturday, April 29, in Toronto. The results of the NHL Draft Lottery will be announced shortly after 8 p.m. ET, during live coverage of the event on NBC, Sportsnet, CBC and TVA Sports. Coverage on Sportsnet and CBC begins at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Reactions: Dzonna

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Last year I didn’t have internet or cable for the week of the draft so I was refreshing my HFB/Twitter like a madman. Needless to say my phone bill that month was through the roof

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I'd assume it'd be similar to last year's:

Wasn't the results announced during the intermission of Caps/Pens game, or just before the game? That game was on Saturday along with Rangers/Sens where Pageau scored four. But I think Rangers and Sens played an afternoon game.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
FWIW, the last 2 years have been on the last Saturday in April which it is this year.

They've used it as the lead in to an 8PM game on NBC that night. It's been the Caps/Pens the past 2 years as the game.

This year, assuming the 2nd round starts on either Wed/Thursday, it's likely to be game 2 of and eastern conference game.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Wasn't the results announced during the intermission of Caps/Pens game, or just before the game? That game was on Saturday along with Rangers/Sens where Pageau scored four. But I think Rangers and Sens played an afternoon game.

I think it was a lead in for the 8pm game as justafan22 mentioned. I happened to be in NYC last year for the lottery and went to the NHL Store to watch on their TVs.

18198506_10104889420289374_1594057702172962806_n.jpg

When the Devils jumped into the top 3, I told my dad to have his camera ready just in case I had a goofy reaction. [/coolstorybro]

Good luck to everybody, hopefully you too can have a goofy reaction picture with your team winning. If anything, I'm just looking forward to doing a mock draft with the correct order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad