GDT: Draft Lottery: Habs Picking Top-3 (Wish for Very Few Whistles in Sharks/Knights Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
lol.gif

Me when the Habs draft Brady Tkachuk

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
After today’s game earlier, and my sample size of 15 minutes, if we aren’t picking #1 or #2, Boqvist just moved to the top of my list... though I will admit I’ll still debate between him, Wahlstrom and Zadina if asked on the spot. However, leaning towards Boqvist.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I'm expecting #7 so if it's anything but that I'll be pleasantly surprised.

At #7, I'm hoping to pick Wahlstrom, personally. It will, down the line, compensate for having traded Pacioretty for another 1st rounder and help on D.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Again I have to ask, what's wrong with Tkachuk?

Assuming you’re serious and not being facetious, there’s really nothing wrong with Tkachuk. However, given the team’s lack of creativity and high-end skill, we really should be considering players that fit that mold.

Anyhow, Tkachuk is a good player but he’s a complimentary player, something we have an abundance of. We need guys who can create offense and elevate players around them.

Last edited:

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
There' nothing like hoping **** for the Habs just so you can stick it to Bergevin! You guys are useless as fans -- more like the two whining old men in the muppets.
Fans saying they don't want to win the lottery and draft dahlin or for us to win the tavares sweepstakes just so Bergevin could get fired are imo on some serious drugs.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Assuming you’re serious and not being faceous, there’s really nothing wrong with Tkachuk. However, given the team’s lack of creativity and high-end skill, we really should be considering players that fit that mold.

Anyhow, Tkachuk is a good player but he’s a complimentary player, something we have an abundance of. We need guys who can create offense and elevate players around them.

Facetious, BTW. I agree. Tkachuk is not the type of talent injection that we really need.

Reactions: sandviper

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It also speaks to the fact that even with Dahlin and Tavares this team hasn't got a prayer of doing anything real come playoff time but that any hope of a rebuild under Bergevin will go right out the window if one or both of Dahlin/Tavares comes through for him.

Uh, Montreal's pretty well positioned if Tavares and Dahlin are on the roster next season. The reality is that is very unlikely to happen, not that it would be bad.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Uh, Montreal's pretty well positioned if Tavares and Dahlin are on the roster next season. The reality is that is very unlikely to happen, not that it would be bad.

If they get Dahlin and no Tavares they're still going to miss the playoffs unless Price bounces back. 18 year old rookie dmen don't light it up.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If they get Dahlin and no Tavares they're still going to miss the playoffs unless Price bounces back. 18 year old rookie dmen don't light it up.

I agree, but I said if they got both. They most likely wont get either so its not worth expecting, but if they get both, then they really aren't that far off.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It also speaks to the fact that even with Dahlin and Tavares this team hasn't got a prayer of doing anything real come playoff time but that any hope of a rebuild under Bergevin will go right out the window if one or both of Dahlin/Tavares comes through for him.

Lol with Dahlin and Tavares the team is probably quite good

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad