GDT: Draft Lottery: Habs Picking Top-3 (Wish for Very Few Whistles in Sharks/Knights Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm a Jets' fan and I hope they don't draft Baker Mayfield tonight.

Anyway, I think this will be the first time the board all agrees to cheer for the Habs since October.
Twitter talk has the Browns seriously considering taking Baker Mayfield #1.

I think it's a smokescreen, they're taking Sam Darnold.

Can't wait for the draft tonight.

then NHL lottery on the weekend mixed in with some NHL/NBA playoffs...what a time to be a sports fan!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If we fall to 6 or 7. I'm confident he will be gone. Our franchise isn't the only stupid one.

We will see. There is always a faller on a draft. And Tkachuk based on goal totals, based on age, he fits the bill of the one that could fall. We will see.....let that freakin lottery happens!!!! Now!!!

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Who's your NFL team?

I'm a Packers fan and I hope they get some help on D tonight.

eagles. I'm hoping they trade back and pick up an OT they're interested in (Kolton Miller), eagles have no day 2 picks. Roseman showed me how a competent GM can get it done.

If the NHL ever allows players to be 'cut'/franchise players, and move to guaranteed money to do so, NHL would be way more exciting as a fan. Just my opinion. The players have a lot of power in the nhl.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We will see. There is always a faller on a draft. And Tkachuk based on goal totals, based on age, he fits the bill of the one that could fall. We will see.....let that freakin lottery happens!!!! Now!!!

I just don't see him falling because every scouting community has him as the 3-4 guy. They are usually right. I mean if scouts were smart.. he would fall. But they love bloodlines and all the other nonsense that has less skilled players getting drafted higher than they should since the dawn of time.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Twitter talk has the Browns seriously considering taking Baker Mayfield #1.

I think it's a smokescreen, they're taking Sam Darnold.

Can't wait for the draft tonight.

then NHL lottery on the weekend mixed in with some NHL/NBA playoffs...what a time to be a sports fan!
Everything I've read about Mayfield makes me think that he'll be, at best, another Jay Cutler. I guess he could be serviceable but I don't see any reason to take him that early in the draft.

That said, the Browns are a horrible team who make horrible decisions. Hopefully they take Mayfield.

Reactions: 417

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That lottery will be very important and a stepping stone for what will happen next this summer.

In a season where everything has gone wrong for the entire organisation and the fans, could the Hockey Gods make this our "one time"?

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
That lottery will be very important and a stepping stone for what will happen next this summer.

In a season where everything has gone wrong for the entire organisation and the fans, could the Hockey Gods make this our "one time"?

I hope so. And I really have had this great feeling about the lottery the last 2 months, didn't care where we finished in the standings.
We will win the lottery on Saturday night
The bad news in all of this is of course it will make Bergevin "look good"

Reactions: Milhouse40

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
For me it won't be. Though Dahlin would be great....Svech or Zadina would be awesome too. But somehow...we all know that's not going to happen. We are drafting No. 6.

I'm expecting #7 so if it's anything but that I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I hope so. And I really have had this great feeling about the lottery the last 2 months, didn't care where we finished in the standings.
We will win the lottery on Saturday night
The bad news in all of this is of course it will make Bergevin "look good"

Winning the lottery only makes Bergevin look good if he actually improves the team.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
In many ways getting the first overall would be a bad thing for Habs fans, just like if Tavares loses his marbles and signs with us. All those things do is give Molson a reason to keep Bergevin around. I don't want Bergevin getting another two years of employment by the dumb luck of winning a lottery or overpaying a free agent because even if he strikes it rich and gets #1 plus Tavares this team isn't winning anything.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Waiting to reveal the top 3 picks is just cruel, and even more cruel to wait until the 2nd intermission lol!

I'll be watching it expecting pick #6 (so only one of Buffalo/Arizona/Ottawa gets top 3), but it'll be #7 of course.

A lot of players in the top 7 are looking great though so it shouldn't be too bad.

Reactions: DXStriker

OB5

May 2, 2015
Even that still worries me. In all seriousness, if we land #1 or #2, I freaking hope common sense prevails.

Kinda lame about #1-#3 being revealed during the second intermission. I guess they want to maintain viewership for the game.

Do people not want Tkachuk?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

We had our "one time" back in 1980. We took Doug Wickenheiser instead of Denis Savard. The Hockey Gods haven't bothered returning our calls ever since.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Thing is, by doing it this way you're actually eliminating a lot of the drama, just building anticipation.

If a team hits a win they won't appear where they're supposed to appear so you know they'll be in the top 3.

It's a pretty horrible system, they just want the lure for ratings.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Amazing week for the draftniks... I'm an NFL fan first and foremost, and the NFL draft is my #1. Bucs fan hoping for Barkley!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Just hoping the Habs don't fall, just because there's a high probability.

1. Dahlin
2. Svech
3. Zadina
4. The best of the rest.

4th is good since they can make their choice before the draft, since the top 3 are pretty much set. It could also open up trade possibilities if there's another team really high on a certain player, like Hughes or Tkachuk. The Habs could slide a few spots, add a 2nd round pick, and select Dobson or Bouchard.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

1. Dahlin
2. Svech
3. Zadina
4. The best of the rest.

4th is good since they can make their choice before the draft, since the top 3 are pretty much set. It could also open up trade possibilities if there's another team really high on a certain player, like Hughes or Tkachuk. The Habs could slide a few spots, add a 2nd round pick, and select Dobson or Bouchard.
Unfortunately the way the odds work the Habs have a better chance of drafting first overall than they do of remaining at #4.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Svech and Dahlin are absolute franchise changer. That would be so great.

Reactions: Milhouse40

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

1. Dahlin
2. Svech
3. Zadina
4. The best of the rest.

Zadina should be by no means the consensus #3.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think in this draft we're in a great spot. Outside of Dahlin and then Svech, there isn't much difference between 3 and 7 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad