GDT: Draft Lottery 5/8/2023 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm not mad about 3; I'm mad about Chicago....

Look, it’s a messed up situation, dude was an NHL player and grown man though.

You guys should be more upset with USA hockey and all affiliated teams he was involved with and the untold amount of people who brushed things under the table for many years. Or the actual offenders themselves.

Anyways….Carlson’s two way game…….

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

You guys should be more upset with USA hockey and all affiliated teams he was involved with and the untold amount of people who brushed things under the table for many years. Or the actual offenders themselves.
I am in fact more upset with those folks. But that doesn't excuse Chicago's actions (and deliberate inactions) or the complete lack of consequences for the organization for same.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Y'know, I had that thought, and then decided I wasn't going to look because why torture myself further...

(And to be fair, the way the drawing works, that "one ball away" kind of thing can apply to potentially damn near every team that was in the drawing. If you have to go by the highest number only so it looks like the "last digit", 4-5-9-12 was Vancouver.)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If you think about it, Chicago needs to seriously load up or I don’t think Bedard draft year will be anything spectacular, he’s got no support

Reactions: Fred Glover

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

Anyways….Carlson’s two way game…….
Oh no, then too.

They all deserve some kind of punishment

Reactions: LJ7

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The last generational player chosen was-obviously-McDavid in 2015. The 3rd pick was a center named Dylan Strome. Time to drink ourselves to death.

• Haha
Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
“I always try to remain optimistic, but I look at the odds, and you know the odds weren’t great when you have a 13.5 percent chance at winning the lottery,” Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen said. “It’s just the reality of it. It’s out of our control.

“You hope for the best and keep your fingers crossed. The results are here now. We’re going to get a real good player at (No.) 3.”

Kekalainen said that last phrase repeatedly in his post-lottery media conference call, but the tone of his voice and his body language didn’t match that optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad